PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Emulator

Lily Rock
03-03-2010, 05:32 AM
Hello, idk if right place, but, i downloaded a emulator for PS2 that is on computer, and i wonder, am i able to play game's with it?
[REMOVED] The biggest reason i want to, is that i am wanna try the game, cause if i maybe can get my dad to buy it any time, i wanna see if it's good(also i have to see if my PS2 can hold japanese game's).

And agian, sorry if wrong place or NOT allowed to post!

Gero50
03-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Well if you have the ps2 emulator I think you do then it is called PSX2. After you set it up by installing it you need a few things to get it working. This is the tricky part. You'll need a ps2 bios from each major regain like USA Europ and Japan. Once you get those you'll need to find plug ins for the graphics emulation and proccessing. These plug ins make the emulator think your GPU is the same as the onboard Graphics Chip in the ps2 system. Also like most gpus it handles things like how images will be rendered on your display, in this case on the window of the emulator screen.
There is also a audio plug in. This is not always needed though when I had a sound card rather then a on board audio chipset like I do now it helped. The next thing you need is to load all the plug ins and bios into the program that part is easy just browse for them and add them in. If you did right you'll be able to select bios from the three regains and play any games from any of them on your PC.

As for getting the games you need to buy them in a store and then sense you bought them you can rip them to your computer as back ups in ISO format, that is very IMPORTANT that they're in ISO format. The real thing to remember is that when you're wanting to play a game from lets say Japan you'll need to make sure the Japanese bios is active. As for doing this step by step try watching it on you tube. That is where I learned. Good luck with it ^_^

Lily Rock
03-04-2010, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the comment, i already have the bios, found on internet, they work, but i do not have the game, but i think it's ISO format after all, cause when i put it to disk it worked(abit), but the disk were to small so i had to put away some stuff, i will look at the graphics now.
EDIT: The Emulator is called PCSX2.

Gero50
03-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the comment, i already have the bios, found on internet, they work, but i do not have the game, but i think it's ISO format after all, cause when i put it to disk it worked(abit), but the disk were to small so i had to put away some stuff, i will look at the graphics now.
EDIT: The Emulator is called PCSX2.
Yah you have the same one as me. The reason I said you should try looking it up on Youtube is because often the people doing the tutorials provide all the files both bios and plug ins a like so you can get started easier. Oh and there are some games that don't fully work with PSX2 so don't be shocked if when you get all the right things and some things are not working still.