PDA

View Full Version : [Help - AntiVirus] 'XP Internet Security' 2010 is Prohibiting My Internet Surfing

Light Buster
03-02-2010, 11:50 AM
It just happened last night. I been getting a message from my home computer and it says that the computer just got a virus and there have been security breaches. The computer recommends me to buy 'XP Internet Security 2010' in order to protect my computer. Me on the other hand, don't trust it since I think it's either spyware or adware that will only hurt it more. I can't surf the internet on the computer until I have fixed this problem. Is there a way around this? And if I have to buy it, is it trustworthy?

Lily Rock
03-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Do NOT buy it imo, get SUPERAntiSpyware via another computer, then get a USB memory and put it there, then install at your computer, i cleaned out like 5 hidden viruses with it once, on two minutes.

Gero50
03-02-2010, 03:01 PM
It just happened last night. I been getting a message from my home computer and it says that the computer just got a virus and there have been security breaches. The computer recommends me to buy 'XP Internet Security 2010' in order to protect my computer. Me on the other hand, don't trust it since I think it's either spyware or adware that will only hurt it more. I can't surf the internet on the computer until I have fixed this problem. Is there a way around this? And if I have to buy it, is it trustworthy?
Don't buy it though I would not go with Super Antispyware either cause it coasts money. Try downloading Microsoft Security Essentials. It is a free anti virus/spyware program for windows users. I have been using it for about 2 months and it worked wonders.

Lily Rock
03-03-2010, 02:44 AM
SUPERAntiSpyware is free lol, i got the free version and it works 100% epically.

Light Buster
03-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Alright, I'll try it and see if it works. I'll be getting a new computer soon and try it.

Gero50
03-03-2010, 10:18 PM
SUPERAntiSpyware is free lol, i got the free version and it works 100% epically.

Alright, I'll try it and see if it works. I'll be getting a new computer soon and try it.
I know it is free but what I meant was that if there is a free version and a paid version of something not just security programs more often then not the free version lacks many impotent features they want to sell to you in the paid version. While MSSE is 100% free from the beginning and comes with just about all the security you'd need for a home PC.

niKopol
03-06-2010, 11:38 PM
Try uninstalling internet explorer and re-installing it. Or try one of the many other browsers, like Firefox before installing more "crap".

If you plan to stick with what I'm assuming is I.E. make sure you have an installer for it before you uninstall it. Or if you have the XP disk you may be able to re-install it that way instead of having to get a usb stick or whatever.

Definitely get a good anti-virus/spyware/etc/etc. I don't keep up with whats good anymore. I'm pretty sure there is a thread (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=89587) on whats good.

Khanxay
03-07-2010, 12:05 AM
Google is your friend (http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=XP+Internet+Security'+2010). "XP Internet Security 2010" is a virus.