PDA

View Full Version : Monster

Drunk_Squid
03-01-2010, 09:41 PM
I am very interested in getting either a complete series boxset of MONSTER or at least all of the episodes past the first 15, that are not bootlegs and/or are of lesser quality. I found a few websites that are selling it but I am concerned with the legitimacy of them because I was not aware that Viz media (North American publisher), or any publisher for that matter, released anything thus far but the first 15 episodes.

Has anyone purchased a bootlegged complete series boxset of MONSTER, or is the complete series boxset legitimate or simply not from the North American publisher (something I am unaware of?)... I have had no luck finding anything other than these complete collections of the series which appear to be bootlegs, or anything other than Boxset 1 (first 15 episodes)...

??????????

Thank you.

Baka Tenshi
03-01-2010, 09:46 PM
I completed Monster. It was a great anime. Should watch it again....

ZenErik
03-01-2010, 09:48 PM
I downloaded Monster fansubbed a long time ago. To be honest, I've only watched about 5 episodes. And I did buy the first collection from Viz. Still no announcement about collection 2... But I've read the whole manga. You could try that. The anime supposedly follows the manga religiously.

Drunk_Squid
03-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Excuse me but what does fansubbed mean?
Just someone throwing it up on the internet?

Gero50
03-04-2010, 01:48 AM
Excuse me but what does fansubbed mean?
Just someone throwing it up on the internet?
To fansub something means a fan of a particular series edits what is known as the raw copy of a video/tv/episode so that it has the subtitles in the language that most people want to read it in. The most common example is anime more to the point Japanese anime.

The way it is done is like I said before you start with a what is called the raw file as in nothing done to it just the Japanese episode as it was aired or sold in Japan. So a fan will take this and added text aka subs in a language of their choice to help the fans who speaker their language. The hardest part is the translating part after that it is a simple matter of video editing.

ZenErik
03-04-2010, 05:01 AM
Yes, but it IS much better to buy the shows you and support the industry. :)