PDA

View Full Version : I am new to anime! ^^;;

DoubleTrouble
02-24-2010, 11:25 PM
Hello

So I grew up with the typical childhood animes - Pokemon, Digimon, DBZ, My Neighbour Totoro (FAVE). I'm definitely still a newbie when it comes to them, though. I recently saw Karin Chibi Vampire, and rewatched Chobits for a second time, and am now ready to broaden my horizons!

I know I don't like fighting/action animes (DBZ, Gundam Wing etc), but LOVED LOVED LOVED Chobits, so I'd probably like cute, fluffy ones best. I also stuck with InuYasha for a long time and quite enjoyed it.

Know of any...?

Kaname Shikara
02-24-2010, 11:32 PM
Card Captor Sakura is really good and really cute :)

小美ドクロchan
02-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Cute and fluffy, that's my expertise! XD
Like Kirako said, definitely check out CCS. It's by the creators of Chobits but it's a lot more uh.......girl-friendly. Then I think you'd love Pita Ten. That should be enough for now. CCS is a pretty long anime series. XD

DoubleTrouble
02-24-2010, 11:38 PM
Cute and fluffy, that's my expertise! XD
Like Kirako said, definitely check out CCS. It's by the creators of Chobits but it's a lot more uh.......girl-friendly. Then I think you'd love Pita Ten. That should be enough for now. CCS is a pretty long anime series. XD

I vaguely remember CCS when it was on Teletoon (Canada lol) but will give it another go as I'm much older now! And thank you, and going to check out Pita Ten right now

Daikari
02-25-2010, 01:28 AM
Try Digimon. Some of them are pretty cute and their is a lot of action.

DoubleTrouble
02-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Try Digimon. Some of them are pretty cute and their is a lot of action.

O_o;;

I watched Digimon... until the humans were transforming into Digimon.

And I don't like action very much.

Didn't you read my post at all? D:

Ps THANK YOU 小美ドクロchan!!!! I am lovingggg Pita Ten very much. If you can think of anymore, let me know!

小美ドクロchan
02-25-2010, 04:22 PM
O_o;;

Ps THANK YOU 小美ドクロchan!!!! I am lovingggg Pita Ten very much. If you can think of anymore, let me know!

XD I KNEW you would!

OH YES...I forgot....Little Snowfairy Sugar. Also by Pita-Ten's creator. It's so cute and sweet, it'll give you cavitites....:laugh:

Hakuchuumu
02-26-2010, 08:16 PM
Hmm.. The ones I'll suggest aren't really all cute and fluffy. But pretty cute and definitely worth watching, I think.

Princess TuTu (about ballet and a duck girl that turns into a swan princess lol. it's better than it sounds. there's dramatic moments in it, but it's also cute and funny.)
Special A (very cute, imo. maybe not always 'fluffy' but yes, cute. also humorous.)
Ouran High School Host Club (equally cute and humorous as Special A.)
Shugo Chara! (full of cuteness around every corner, imo.)

A little different than the ones suggested. But they're all really enjoyable and cute. Not really 'action-y'.

Gero50
02-26-2010, 10:30 PM
Well I know Sailor Moon is kind of a older one but is good for what you are looking for because you don't as much action so it has enough of both action and cute stuff.

cherrypopwizkid
03-03-2010, 12:57 AM
I'm not sure how often I'm aloud to do this XD (i recommended this in another thread not two minutes ago.) But I think you'd REALLY like Witch Hunter Robin. It will introduce you to a more serious side of anime, (at the level of or a bit above that of Gundam Wing) and the action is solid, the plot is engaging (but you have to stick to it for a bit to see why). Mostly though I recommend this to you because I theorize that the attraction to the cute-fluffy anime for most people is that the characters are endearing. Robin Sama is probably the most endearing character I've ever seen in an anime. Its not fluffy, its a brutal, brutal show at times. But you will fall in love with this character. I actually HIGHLY recommend this show to all female anime fans I know because Robin is, to me, an ideal female archetype. She is a very strong, very powerful character, but she does so without losing an ounce of feminity. Its hard not to like her, and the other characters, even the very minor ones, somehow come off as being just as rounded. Give it a shot.

Zombie Panda
03-04-2010, 01:38 AM
Dunno about fluffy, but Azumanga Daioh is pretty cute.

Lily Rock
03-04-2010, 04:27 AM
If you want fluffy, cute and sweet, K-ON! is the rescue. :P

animeaddict14
03-05-2010, 08:41 PM
For those types of anime I would personally recommend Toradora, K-on, Special A, pani Poni Dash, Dn Angel,Love Hina, and Fullmetal Panic Fumoffu

viruko
03-08-2010, 03:32 PM
I would say Lucky Star if you're looking for something cute, though I have to say it is a little bit nothingy for my liking, not really my sort of thing I guess XD

TheThunderBringer
03-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Cute:
-Azumanga Daioh
-Lucky Star
-Ouran High School Host Club?
-Haruhi?

JapanAni
03-23-2010, 02:37 PM
Kimi ni Todoke would be up your alley next to Honey and clover, Kobato (by CLAMP same people that did Chobits) Card Captor Sakura, Toradora, K-ON, Emma Victorian age, Digi Charat, Full moon wo sagashite, La Corda, and Lovely Complex.

These are pretty romantic shows could make you feel pretty fluffy in you heart. I think you'll like these!

小美ドクロchan
03-24-2010, 09:31 AM
Full Moon is indeed cute but it's got some prrretty heavy drama so that's why I didn't mention it....^^;

Condey
03-24-2010, 01:00 PM
Watch Genshiken. It's made by the same studio that did Azumanga Diaoh and I found just as funny.

Sora no Wo To is also pretty cutesy, even if it is about war.

imaCHAN
03-24-2010, 02:19 PM
I know it has been recommended quite a few times but Ouran High School Host Club is really funny and the characters are loveable. If you're enjoying Pita Ten then you may enjoy Kamichama Karin because it's by the same people. You may enjoy Clannad as well.Sorry I can't recommend more but it's just that most of the time I prefer action anime. I hope you get into more anime!^^

Gjallarhorn
03-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Watch Genshiken. It's made by the same studio that did Azumanga Diaoh and I found just as funny.

Sora no Wo To is also pretty cutesy, even if it is about war.

Sora no Wo To is about war like K-ON was about music...it's a cheap gimmick they ditch quickly.