PDA

View Full Version : [Help - Wireless] Two computers don't see each other in the same workgroup

sindhara
02-22-2010, 10:34 PM
We have connected a Belkin Pre-N router to our desktop computer and successfully connected our laptop with a Belkin Pre-N wireless card. We are successfully sharing one Internet connection. The problem is that we can't get the files to be shared from the Shared Documents folder nor can we share the printer (which is connected to the desktop computer). The two computers are set up in the same workgroup. We have selected the share option for the printers and file. And we have run the Setup Network wizard. But still, the files and printer are not able to be shared. My Network Places does not show two computers. We cannot successfully Ping the laptop from the Desktop Computer. Help.

niKopol
02-28-2010, 12:48 AM
Make sure the folders are actually shared.
Make sure the workgroup name is typed exactly the same.

If its different OS's that may pose a problem as XP and vista have issues connecting. Seeing as its Windows 7 I don't know about the compatability issues.

God forbid you may have to install the printer drivers on the secondary computer also.

Turn off the firewall.

Make sure both computers can connect to the same router('s)/IP address.

If all else fails reset everything and check.

If that failed call up tech support.

Gero50
03-05-2010, 10:42 PM
One thing to do also besides the all the things the person above me said is to make sure all the clocks on all the network computers are set exactlly the same. Also ensure all the drivers for the printer are all installed correctlly on all the computers using it.