PDA

View Full Version : [Help - Device] MP3 freezes

Hideki Motosuwa.
02-20-2010, 08:37 PM
Hello all, I need some help. Earlier today, I bought an Mp3 player and tried to get it to work. When I turned it on, it got stuck on the "Loading..." screen, and that's how it's been, on or off(if it's not connected with the USB cord, and the switch is off, then the screen is off). No matter what I do, I can't access anything. Plus, Windows does not recognize the player. I go to Computer and try to look for it, but it doesn't appear. I updated my drivers, so I don't think that's an issue. Please, I need a solution, because I cannot get a refund for it =(

Btw, it's an Eclipse portable media player if that helps.

wizz-o-matic
02-20-2010, 09:03 PM
did you check the manual?

Hideki Motosuwa.
02-20-2010, 09:21 PM
did you check the manual?
Yes, but it had nothing related to my problem.

niKopol
02-28-2010, 04:56 AM
Let the battery charge die or remove the batteries for a bit, at least a few minutes to 5 minutes while turning it on and off to make sure not a single charge is left in it and turn it back on.

Check to see if you do need drivers for it to be recognized on your PC. Preferably the website of the makers of that MP3 Player. Make sure you have it in a USB 2.0. Some USB devices are not recognized on USB 1.0. Which 1.0 USB ports are usually on the front side of the computer and 2.0 on the back.

And some USB devices are not recognized on certain computers I.E. its recognized on a XP built pc but not on a pc built for 98. Which is 1.0/2.0 problems.

Call tech support if available or check for an online FAQ.

If that fails I say someone accidentally stuck it near the fridge magnets and now it is messed up big time.

Hideki Motosuwa.
02-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Let the battery charge die or remove the batteries for a bit, at least a few minutes to 5 minutes while turning it on and off to make sure not a single charge is left in it and turn it back on.

Check to see if you do need drivers for it to be recognized on your PC. Preferably the website of the makers of that MP3 Player. Make sure you have it in a USB 2.0. Some USB devices are not recognized on USB 1.0. Which 1.0 USB ports are usually on the front side of the computer and 2.0 on the back.

And some USB devices are not recognized on certain computers I.E. its recognized on a XP built pc but not on a pc built for 98. Which is 1.0/2.0 problems.

Call tech support if available or check for an online FAQ.

If that fails I say someone accidentally stuck it near the fridge magnets and now it is messed up big time.
Thank You for the help. But it turns out that I bought a defective item. Luckily, I returned it and got a working one. Once again, thanks.