PDA

View Full Version : Need anime recommendation

jake49
02-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Hi,

I've watched a few anime movies over the years and really loved them. But I enjoy so many things that I don't really know my anime at all.. I don't tell people "I love anime!"... but I suppose I would if I thought about it.

I don't know what's out there really, and from what I've searched, I can't seem to find what I like.

I just watched Princess Mononoke, loved it.
I've seen and loved Akira, Spirited Away, Ghost in the Shell, Ninja Scroll and a bunch of others like Evangalion, Fist of the North Star.

I've googled around at peoples "Top 10 anime" lists... and started to watch some of them, but it wasn't what I was looking for really. I started watching Steam Boy for instance, and I will watch it some time, but I went from Princess Mononoke to that, and I wanted something more... I don't know...

What I love... is the really imaginative, fantasy anime. Scenes and story lines which really take me away... into fantasy/spiritual/mythical story lines.

I will keep looking. But if anyone has any ideas, pls give me some advice! thank you :)

The Butcher
02-18-2010, 07:17 PM
Fantasy stuff?I would say Bleach,but not a good plot,just action.

If you like Evagelion,watch some Gundam,100 times better than Eva.

Other than that,that is all I got for you.

Gero50
02-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Well It looks like to new we have a new Inuyasha fan on our hands. I would check it out. It is not exactly what your looking for but it has enough of what you've said I think. It is very good. It has magic love a very cute relationship and a story line that is next too perfect I think. I hope this help enjoy. :)

makkuro kiba
02-18-2010, 09:22 PM
... I think you might like the .hack// series, possibly, maybe. I'm trying to think outside the box for this...

If you're going to watch it, then I suggest starting with .hack//SIGN.

RenegadeC4v
02-18-2010, 09:41 PM
Full Metal Alchemist

小美ドクロchan
02-18-2010, 09:57 PM
If you love imaginative, fantasy anime....
SEE ALL OF HAYAO MIYAZAKI'S FILMS!! :laugh:

..........and you might like FLCL...just don't expect to understand the plot. XD But "imaginative" really fits that one!

jake49
02-19-2010, 04:02 AM
thank you so much! ^ ^

I will be checking all of these out!

I know I will enjoy them all. Because like people, food, music, places, art and many things.. when it has heart behind it (and not just technical/mechanical appreciation) then something of life in it resonates with me, and I love it.

So if you rate it, I'm sure I will.

Thank you :D

Käras
02-19-2010, 11:30 AM
Its kinda short but one of the best Anime films I have ever seen. Voices of a Distant Star. Its a 25 min OVA that left me in awe.