PDA

View Full Version : No matter how much you hate Dragon Ball Z...

BestFly
02-16-2010, 11:14 PM
You still do a fake KameHameHa or a Destructo Disk or something when you want to destroy something.

So what popular things/saying in Anime has influenced you? Do you find yourself doing Haruhi Suzumiya's iconic pose? Do you find yourself shouting "Gyabo.. Mukya!" every so often. Do you find yourself eating a chocolate cornet the wrong way?

Tell me, tell me.

J Gundam
02-17-2010, 10:20 AM
I would have DBZ-inspired fights with my friends as a kid.

小美ドクロchan
02-17-2010, 11:58 AM
I put my hand behind my head and laugh when I get embarrassed.

I scream "IYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!" when I don't want to do something.

Since starting Ookami Kakushi, I've been known to burst into the Jouga No Hassaku song at random.

Isaac.
02-17-2010, 01:43 PM
I wish I had powers like a Z Fighter, so instead of going to school I could fly the universe and fight stuff. (:

Light Buster
02-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Everytime I think of "K-ON!", I always have the tendency of thinking of Rock Band. Dunno why, I just do.

Rolo Vi Britannia
02-17-2010, 06:05 PM
I clap my hands like on FMA sometimes. I also find myself quoting it in situations. I bring up Code Geass terms alot. I think of it every time I hear the word nightmare.

The Butcher
02-17-2010, 06:18 PM
The only thing I copied out of a Anime(I barely liked it to),was when Ban Mido pushes his glasses up,I thought it was cool myself.Makes me look intelligent too.

LFOtobot
02-17-2010, 06:20 PM
Before I destroy my friends, I'm all like, "This hand of mine glows with an awesome POWER! Its burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this, my love, my anger, and all of my sorrows! SHINING FINGER SWORD!!! GAH!!!
And cuz my names Louis, I can go, "Louis vi Britannia commands you, get me a danish!"

Gjallarhorn
02-17-2010, 06:59 PM

This. This a lot. But, hey, I was 7.

Beyond jokingly quoting Gurren Lagann, I don't really do anything inspired by manga or anime. Most people I know don't even know I like manga; only close friends and family, who are more aware of my hobbies, do.

Diocletian
02-17-2010, 07:06 PM
The only thing I've done similar to that was playing Dragon Ball Z. Like Xero, I was 7. I refuse to do dances like Hare Hare Yokai or anything like that. I have however "Shake it Up New Dance" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZQ2qgm93c).

LFOtobot
02-17-2010, 07:21 PM
Sometimes (but not often) I'll sit like L and hold my cellphone with two fingers. S'fun.

MirrorToTheMoon
02-18-2010, 03:46 AM
Sometimes (but not often) I'll sit like L and hold my cellphone with two fingers. S'fun.

LOL yes same here :3
I also facepalm myself a lot. :L

小美ドクロchan
02-18-2010, 01:38 PM
I refuse to do dances like Hare Hare Yokai or anything like that.

Oh but you should. It's fun.:laugh:

.........though every time I try it, I fail miserably. I have NO rhythm. XD NONE.

Gero50
02-18-2010, 05:18 PM
I don't really have any these days.
I know when I was a kid I'd always say quotes from Yu-Gi-Oh, dbz and Yu Yu Hakusho all the time. But I cannot remember any that I'd say personally.

Käras
02-19-2010, 12:28 PM
Personally I feel whether we realize it or not, anyone that watches a lot of anime will have a tendency to imitate something done in a show. I've caught myself a few times doing thing's I wouldn't normally. I'll keep them to myself though lol.

ladymisslilac
02-19-2010, 01:53 PM
I sing Marukaite Chikyuu at random intervals when bored.

Kagome
02-26-2010, 12:47 AM
:x When something odd happens, I'll shake my head and mutter: "Yare, yare..." under my breath. Though That's probably something real Japanese do too. henh...x3

ArtieBoy
02-26-2010, 04:58 AM

Such good memories :)

小美ドクロchan
02-26-2010, 06:31 PM
:x When something odd happens, I'll shake my head and mutter: "Yare, yare..." under my breath. Though That's probably something real Japanese do too. henh...x3

Haha I do that too! :laugh:

lilaznkid
03-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Lol, I remember as a little kid playing with my friends pretending to do a kamehameha wave. :D

cherrypopwizkid
03-03-2010, 12:51 AM
Ahhh I'm so glad this thread got made!! XD My most classic, is when a silly argument started going to far among friends I'd end it in barrels of laughter by lifting up my hand in front of my face and repeating:

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power.." XD