PDA

View Full Version : When you get laid off/ let go of... you?

Battler Ushiromiya
02-02-2010, 09:12 AM
What do you do after you lose a job as I just did? I have already started job hunting and such. I am not heart broken or anything but it is a little bit of a "screw you day" kind of thing.
Need to go to temp tomarrow and try to get a job.

Coda
02-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Sorry to hear that. Yeah nobody likes a slap in the face like that. Good luck with finding another job ^.^

DOOM!
02-02-2010, 12:30 PM
I first make sure my End Rapport Contract gets liquefied in cash (which should be rough over 5Gran, by now), afterwards I light up a nice pipe to celebrate my good riddance. A week later, I'll know exactly where to go, because I've been scouting other jobs prior. This is, in case I get caught vandalizing and get fired again.

Cobra Commander
02-02-2010, 02:46 PM
I ensure that I have contact info and references available from the job I'm leaving. I've quit and I've been laid off, but I've never been fired and I've never burned a bridge.

I take a day or two to relax and enjoy not having to do anything, and then I get to looking. I start with the newspaper, and then go online. Then, if there's companies I might want to work for locally, I get on their websites and see what they have open. Failing that, I post my resume on Monster, and go to the temp places.

unruley700
02-02-2010, 04:57 PM
i never take vacations unless i'm unemployeed. so i haven't take time off from work...the most i've taken off it two days in a row, in over a year and half. i like working. so when i'm not workin and can't work i'm gonna have a good time

warla_woo
02-02-2010, 05:58 PM
sorry to hear about that! But just keep looking, and im sure you will find one, even if its a temp job until you find the right one, and at the same time, just chill out and enjoy it!

Hideki Motosuwa.
02-02-2010, 07:14 PM
I've only lost one job, and that was to McDonalds. I was moving on more than being laid off. Besides, people had it in for me anyways lol. But I went job hunting shortly after. I hate to say it, but I need that job, or any job for that matter right now :ninja: I'm planning to take a long break from college, work part time and think about what I want to do with my future.

Vyndrasta
02-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Can you claim for unemployment in Nevada?

But in the mean while the above posts are helpful. I should also suggest to not only gather up your references and fix up that resume of yours, but get those contacts in handy. You know, just be prepared and all.

But then again, laying back to relax isn't such a bad idea either.