PDA

View Full Version : I've never been to a Con before!

Razzmatazz
01-31-2010, 06:40 PM
I almost lost my cherry to Comic Con 2009...I even bought a ticket. Something horrible happened to my friend's friend who was going along as well and so they didn't go, my friend was the one who was suppose to go with me. I asked for some days off of work for the con as well. And when I found out that we were officially not going, it was too late to get my money back! So alast I was sad, but I am hoping my friend's friend is doing okay, at least, I tried to call her after all of this, but she didn't ever contact me.

I'm not asking for anyone to feel bad for me, I actually wanted to ask you what the cons; that you go to; are like?

Battler Ushiromiya
01-31-2010, 06:48 PM
Insane awesome fun.
If you live in the midwest i might see you at one so let me know, odds are i will be on staff.

Razzmatazz
01-31-2010, 06:58 PM
Oh, that sucks. I live in the west coast, I mean literally too considering I live in California.

Can you tell me what it is like though?

Battler Ushiromiya
01-31-2010, 07:27 PM
Oh, that sucks. I live in the west coast, I mean literally too considering I live in California.

Can you tell me what it is like though?
I have only been to one.
It was awesome.
Random, insanity is the only thing that should remain the same.
Depending on who you go with the hotel stuff gets insane, and sometimes in a bad way. Out of everyone in the room where i stayed I was the only person to take enough showers not to smell like a .... well smelly nerd.... there were 7 other people in the same room.
Also games, vendors, ect.... all have something going on you should never be board. Hell a random yu-gi-oh event popped up at my last con. I did not pay attention to it though...

Razzmatazz
01-31-2010, 11:46 PM
I have only been to one.
It was awesome.
Random, insanity is the only thing that should remain the same.
Depending on who you go with the hotel stuff gets insane, and sometimes in a bad way. Out of everyone in the room where i stayed I was the only person to take enough showers not to smell like a .... well smelly nerd.... there were 7 other people in the same room.
Also games, vendors, ect.... all have something going on you should never be board. Hell a random yu-gi-oh event popped up at my last con. I did not pay attention to it though...

Yes, random and insanity should remain the same!

O'rlly? That's a lot of showers, lols.

NYanimefan23
01-31-2010, 11:47 PM
I've wanted to go to a con. A friend was planning on going to the New York Anime Festival but later backed out. I might go this year if my schedule is clear and I have the money.

GaijinOtaku
02-01-2010, 08:36 AM
God damn, if I had Comic Con tickets, I would go no matter what! But anyway, cons are epic fun if you just relax and enjoy yourself. I'll never forget my first con. So much fun!

Mr. Panda
02-02-2010, 01:03 AM
It honestly depends on with who you're going.

If you're going alone as a photographer, it's great. You can easily see cosplayers stare at your black Sony camera, like it'smade of gold or something.
Also, going alone while being cosplayed is also fun I've heard. I've never seen anyone do it though.

If you're going with friends, it doesn't matter whether you're cosplayed or not, it's always fun.

Bandaid X
02-05-2010, 01:29 PM
I've gone to a few, right now I've been to AX twice, and NDK i think three times. It was a super fun experiance, and sooo much fun! But it costs a bunch since they're both far from home. So I have to pay for a hotel - or share with friends - and two/three meals per day plus con candies and cool drinks! Just gotta keep eating healthy foods and drink lots of water. AND SHOWER! It's amazing how many people stink! lol, in a center with a bunch of people don't make it smell like sweat! I have not dressed special apart from wearing anime shirts though. Hehe!

AmbIifier
02-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Anime cons are fun, but i respect you for not going and helping your friend instead.