PDA

View Full Version : Need help remembering Good older Anime

Mattix111
01-30-2010, 02:36 AM
This may be an extremely vague recollection of this movie, (which I apologize for) but its been driving me nuts and I figured this is my best bet.

From what I can remember the Hero is poisoned (I'm not sure how) and he is traveling with a woman. The woman claims that any man she sleeps with becomes poisoned while the hero is sitting atop a tree (weird I know). It features ALOT of cool anime fight scenes; Also alot of other action scenes. For example in one scene the hero lights a gunpowder/oil? trail to a warehouse and blows it up and is confronted by another woman casually picking up an arm that is thrown from the explosion. Near the end of the movie an old man who is very small and hangs over a cane tells the woman a secret, she eventually disrobes and tries to seduce the main character telling him its a way to cure his poison, although the main character does not go for this. Eventually a face off with the antagonist arrives and the antagonist is floating in the air holding the woman before killing her thus throwing the hero into a rage. The hero tracks down the antagonist and fights him and repeats a phrase I believe the antagonist originally coined "I can't die" As he says this to the antagonist he uses his own forehead to smash his face completely in... literally (VERY gruesome VERY cool) In my memory I can almost see metallic in the antagonists bloody remains as if he wasn't human (although I'm not 100% on that detail) The old man confronts the hero one last time to speak to him, the hero seems un-phased and dives off the ship/dock? that he squared off with the bad guy on, and I believe it rolls to credits.

I know thats more or less a jumble of scenes and I'm sure I've gotten some details wrong after all these years, but I've read through this forum and seen that theres alot of dedicated anime buffs so I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw this classic. Id appreciate if anyone can lend any sort of advice even if its a scene or two they happen to remember, thanks :)

unruley700
01-30-2010, 03:36 AM
kinda sounds like ninja scroll. but i haven't watched that in years

Mattix111
01-30-2010, 03:55 AM
Ahh yes that is it, thanks a ton mate :D