PDA

View Full Version : What other anime would you like to see on BluRay

ParaParaJMo
01-29-2010, 10:23 AM
Hopefully almost everyone here has seen Akira on BluRay, and I must say, even for its age, when watching it on 1080, it's still really awesome and it gave me a new appreciation for its quality. So I want to know what else you think would look awesome on BluRay.

The only other few titles I could think of that could make a great transfer to BluRay the same way Akira has are Macross Do You Remember Love, Char's Counterattack, Escaflowne A Girl in Gaea, X the Movie, and maybe Gundam 0083

GaijinOtaku
01-29-2010, 01:21 PM
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Metropolis

Metropolis would look freaking amazing on Blu-Ray

Nanobyte
01-29-2010, 01:51 PM
K-ON! =D i would 100000% buy it, perhaps even more than once ^-^

Gjallarhorn
01-29-2010, 02:56 PM
Anime are now commonly released on Blu Ray in Japan, just not as much overseas, where Blu Ray hasn't really taken off.

As for what I'd like to see on Blu Ray, really only things that are visually intensive, otherwise DVD works just as well.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Tekkon Kinkreet
Ghost in the Shell
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GiG
Ghost in the shell: Innocence
Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society
Kara no Kyoukai: The Garden of Sinners
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
The Animatrix
Samurai Champloo
Akira
Darker Than Black: The Black Contractor
The 6th One Piece movie
Maybe Dennou Coil.

Funkgun
01-29-2010, 04:24 PM
Hopefully almost everyone here has seen Akira on BluRay, and I must say, even for its age, when watching it on 1080, it's still really awesome and it gave me a new appreciation for its quality. So I want to know what else you think would look awesome on BluRay.

The only other few titles I could think of that could make a great transfer to BluRay the same way Akira has are Macross Do You Remember Love, Char's Counterattack, Escaflowne A Girl in Gaea, X the Movie, and maybe Gundam 0083

Not only that, but the sound... the sound was vastly improved.

I would like to see Patlabor movie 2, Orange Road; I want to Return to that Day,
Orguss 2 and the aforementioned DYRL

ParaParaJMo
01-29-2010, 05:21 PM
the patlabor movies are on bluray in japan, but my friend who has a bluray player in japan hasn't got it yet. what's also weird/cool/convenient/inconvenient is that it also comes with the dvds

BestFly
01-29-2010, 05:31 PM
I want to say Karas... but I'm pretty sure something of that animation quality has already been released on blu-ray.

daft
01-30-2010, 01:01 AM
Dead Leaves? I dunno. I've yet to see anything in blu-ray, so I don't know what I'm missing. Seriously though... I haven't really had the time to be worrying about my TV and movies being produced in the utmost best quality, 'cause I got bills to pay and my family to help out with. =/

Archaic Devices
01-30-2010, 01:19 AM
None. Frankly I dislike bluray because I don't have the right equipment to view them and I don't have the money to buy the equipment. I prefer to watch my anime on dvds or vhs

falche
01-31-2010, 05:44 AM
well doesnt really matter weather its in blu ray or dvd..

but i would like slam dunk to be released in blu ray

Diocletian
01-31-2010, 03:01 PM
well doesnt really matter weather its in blu ray or dvd..

but i would like slam dunk to be released in blu ray

Hahaha, what would be the point in that? I hate to be a dick but Slam Dunk is a piece of useless animation. It was 101 episodes of Hanamichi thinking about scoring a point and repeated flashbacks. Not to mention a series like Slam Dunk can't be made into Blu-Ray.

Samurai Champloo

Exists.
I'd like to see Robot Carnival and the Animatrix made into Blu-Ray. There's so much detail in these two series that I feel I could see more of in Blu-Ray.

saki-senpai
02-02-2010, 03:40 PM
anything by the great hayao miyazaki

Funkgun
02-04-2010, 02:38 AM
anything by the great hayao miyazaki

This might happen, seeing that Disney is in charge of releasing his stuff in the US.

the patlabor movies are on bluray in japan, but my friend who has a bluray player in japan hasn't got it yet. what's also weird/cool/convenient/inconvenient is that it also comes with the dvds
Are they a honeamese release? I have noticed Akira came with the selection of Japanese titles and English ones. This and the fact Gundam Unicorn will have a dual release US and Japan makes me wonder if more titles are just going to have the capabilities of being released simultaneously, or at least without much cost in repackaging.

So if the Patlabor ones have a English subtitle selection, I might buy it. Blu ray is on the same regional setting as Japan, unlike DVD's.

StabWound
02-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Gankutsuou and End of Evangelion.

Light Buster
02-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Cannan, K-ON!, practically every anime there is to man from this point on.