PDA

View Full Version : The iPad

Gero50
01-28-2010, 02:14 PM
Hay guys I was just wondering if any of you out there are plabning on getting Apple's new ipad when it comes out.
Here is a link where you can learn more about it and see it for yourself in action.
http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/1001q3f8hhr/event/index.html

I don't know for sure if I will be buying but I am considering it.
So let me and everyone know what you think.

Nanobyte
01-28-2010, 02:30 PM
yeah, i'd buy one... a shame that it's called an iPad tho... even iNoob would have been a better name :laugh:

Gero50
01-28-2010, 03:24 PM
yeah, i'd buy one... a shame that it's called an iPad tho... even iNoob would have been a better name :laugh:
Well back in the stages of it's development way in the beginning. They were saying there may have been a chance that it would be called the ITablet being it is technically a tablet PC or Mac. Though you do have a point though Apple has never been the best at creative names for their products dispute their products being some of the most creative on the market.

EnigmaniaC
01-28-2010, 03:37 PM
Just like alot of other apple products, it's not worth its price tag.
Then again I don't think I'd find it worth half its price tag... It seems more like a gimmick than anything else, and I'm not about to get a piece of overpriced electronics on the basis of 'well it's the latest trend'.

Jagan Eye
01-28-2010, 04:05 PM
I think this video about sums it all up: And no, I'm not getting one because I don't see why I would need this, considering I've already got an itouch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIbCF-rxTu8

International 4-8818
01-28-2010, 04:27 PM
No. Hell no. No no no no no no no. I love apple products but I got my hopes up for this product and they were shattered. 4:3 aspect ratio, no USB to print documents or exchange info, way to expensive, STUPID IPHONE OS, NO MULTI TAKSING! I can go on and on. If the screen was a lot wider, such as a 16:9 ration, used Mac OsX, usb ports, basically had everything that it did not, then yeah i would buy it. The DRM is supposedly ridiculous on it which limits a lot of content. There is no eye sight which would have been amazing so you could Ichat anywhere. The keyboard is the same layout as the one on the iphone aka limited. They did a really bad job on this one. The hard drive is really small too. I felt like they rushed this. EVEN THE NAME! IT IS A TAMPON FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! The next one, i know it will be a lot better. The Ipad got slammed on opening day which should be a wake up call for apple. For now, I shall stick with my Macbook pro.

Gero50
01-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Just like alot of other apple products, it's not worth its price tag.
Then again I don't think I'd find it worth half its price tag... It seems more like a gimmick than anything else, and I'm not about to get a piece of overpriced electronics on the basis of 'well it's the latest trend'.

think this video about sums it all up: And no, I'm not getting one because I don't see why I would need this, considering I've already got an itouch.

The price is a little steep but the usability is next to perfect though and I guess you have to figure that into some of the price. Though I do think in order for such a device to take off fully they should and will have to drop the price of it.

Kishiro
01-28-2010, 05:18 PM
It's a piece of garbage. If you buy it, you're a fool. Just spend the money on a REAL tablet touch screen laptop or WaCom.

Gero50
01-28-2010, 05:52 PM
No. Hell no. No no no no no no no. I love apple products but I got my hopes up for this product and they were shattered. 4:3 aspect ratio, no USB to print documents or exchange info, way to expensive, STUPID IPHONE OS, NO MULTI TAKSING! I can go on and on. If the screen was a lot wider, such as a 16:9 ration, used Mac OsX, usb ports, basically had everything that it did not, then yeah i would buy it. The DRM is supposedly ridiculous on it which limits a lot of content. There is no eye sight which would have been amazing so you could Ichat anywhere. The keyboard is the same layout as the one on the iphone aka limited. They did a really bad job on this one. The hard drive is really small too. I felt like they rushed this. EVEN THE NAME! IT IS A TAMPON FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! The next one, i know it will be a lot better. The Ipad got slammed on opening day which should be a wake up call for apple. For now, I shall stick with my Macbook pro.

I don't think it was their goal to make a device that replaces a notebook computer. I just think they wanted to enter in that type of computing like other manufactures have already.

John Watson
01-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Really, what HASN'T Apple come up with?! Oo;

Just read more into the product before you waste a butt-load of monies on it. o.o;

Ryuuzaki HD
01-28-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm not interested in getting my wallet raped by Apples marketing like so many others.

International 4-8818
01-28-2010, 07:35 PM
I don't think it was their goal to make a device that replaces a notebook computer. I just think they wanted to enter in that type of computing like other manufactures have already.

They already did. It is called the Iphone. There really is no big difference between the two besides the iPad offering a bookstore which i bet they are now going to offer on the itouch and iphone. If they really wanted to make a killing, they would have made it a tablet that is a lot like a netbook but instead they wanted to commit suicide by making a larger iphone

Diocletian
01-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Whatever makes you money in this economy is good. I think the iPad is stupid, but hey they need to make money.

Khanxay
01-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Totally useless garbage. It'll be somewhat more useful once someone jailbreaks it though.

But seriously, why would you buy this? (Other than being a blind follower of Apple.)

Nanobyte
01-28-2010, 10:10 PM
well, since money is no issue for me, i kinda buy what i wanna buy ;__;
but this seems a relatively good computer... but i am probably the only one who thinks that way. :laugh:

01-28-2010, 11:57 PM
Ipad?! I agree that apple has been forging its own path and some of its products like the macbook, imac, the mac os are great. But yea most people tend to be blind followers of apple because its "cool". My macbook's great except that it heats up SO FAST. It always shuts off by itself unless i put it near a huge fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw2nkoGLhrE

Diocletian
01-29-2010, 06:13 PM
But seriously, why would you buy this? (Other than being a blind follower of Apple.)

I have a side hobby and that hobby is collecting stupid stuff. Honestly the gaudy looking iPad would look perfect alongside my Sid Vicious troll doll.

The Butcher
01-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Don't have the money.$500 for that little thing?No I would not buy it,I don't even spend $50 or more on a phone.

suzumi
01-29-2010, 09:51 PM
Only one thing comes to mind when I see the word "iPad". And it has NOTHING to do with computers. =P

So yeah... That kind of ruined it for me.

Alphabet
01-29-2010, 10:20 PM
I've been following this thing on gizmodo and they been keeping updates on it and putting forth gimmicks. I wouldn't buy it though. The Archos or JooJoo seems much more reasonable.
ooshy ooshy ooshy

Gjallarhorn
01-29-2010, 11:33 PM
Really, what HASN'T Apple come up with?! Oo;

A product that is neither good nor a scam.

As for the iPad

1. The name...come on now...
2. Way too expensive.
3. Way too big, with too little functions and power to warrant such a size.
4. It's a super-large iTouch or a laptop without a keyboard. I'll take my laptop before I consider carrying around a glorified desktop monitor in my bag.
5. It's made by Apple.
6. It's an iSomething. Scams, the lot of 'em.
7. You can buy a real touch screen tablet laptop with a thousand more useful functions for just a bit more money.

MarbleCake
01-30-2010, 04:07 AM
Lol Giant phoneputer.

I finally got it to fit in my back pocket! Wait does this make my butt look big?

Shinn Kamiyra
01-30-2010, 08:32 AM
It certainly seems like a well-rounded product in terms of its applications and features, but I fail to see the innovation behind it that makes it worthwhile in buying. From what I've read, the iPad seems like nothing more or less than a collective of so many other Apple products rolled into one:

iPod Feature: Seeing as how I and so many others across the globe already have an iPod, this is nothing attractive.
Calendar/Contacts Features: There's a reason why I have an organizer on my comp for all my personal contact info and important dates. Strike two.
Map Feature: While cool in that it can give you immediate directions to most any accessible location, I don't want to spend $500 when I can just read a regular map....And the list goes on and on. For everything that this iPad has to offer, I already have. Thanks, but no thanks.

LiLi.
01-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Man, have you seen the size of that beast?
I wouldn't carry it around because:
•it's not pocket size, i'll have to carry a bag around to put the iPad into.
•high chance of being stolen.
|: i think i'll just stick to my mobile phone.

Vyndrasta
02-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Man, have you seen the size of that beast?
I wouldn't carry it around because:
•it's not pocket size, i'll have to carry a bag around to put the iPad into.
•high chance of being stolen.
|: i think i'll just stick to my mobile phone.

Yeah it is pretty huge. But I have a feeling that Apple is going to come out with another version with a built in camera/iSight. Then the 3rd version with a video, like what they did with the iPhone 3GS. Sooner or later, another version will be out.

Aizmov
02-06-2010, 04:19 AM
Lots of hate in this thread :D

Never mind that!

I will buy on day one, 80 days to go... CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

I love the affordability of it. Would make perfect companion for long hours away from home.

What I love about it in bullet form:

Surprisingly low price
Runs iPhone OS apps
Larger screen than iPhone/iPod touch
Video out
Bluetooth (e.g. can use bluetooth keyboard)
iWork
3G and unlocked (no contract)
Very slim form factor
1/2 the weight of MacBook Air
10 hour battery life and 1 month of standby

Gero50
03-03-2010, 10:13 PM

Never mind that!

I love the affordability of it. Would make perfect companion for long hours away from home.

What I love about it in bullet form:
Surprisingly low price
Runs iPhone OS apps
Larger screen than iPhone/iPod touch
Video out
Bluetooth (e.g. can use bluetooth keyboard)
iWork
3G and unlocked (no contract)
Very slim form factor
1/2 the weight of MacBook Air
10 hour battery life and 1 month of standby

Well those sound like valid reasons to me. Though you know the 10 hour battery life is a estimate.

Miss Moonlight
03-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Sure, why wouldn't I need an over-sized ipod touch?

In other words, no.

Gero50
03-03-2010, 10:36 PM

In other words, no.
Well it is not just an over sized ipod tough you know. It has some new features like it has a faster moble processor made by Apple. It also has a much longer battery life. In Addison it supports Youtube HD.

Vyndrasta
03-04-2010, 01:51 AM

Never mind that!

Buy it and give us -your- review. =D

Grim Scythe
03-04-2010, 02:40 AM
http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/25/nintendo-dsi-xl-hands-on/

That's what i think.. an old product, merely oversized.

Aizmov
03-04-2010, 06:49 AM
Well those sound like valid reasons to me. Though you know the 10 hour battery life is a estimate.

Apple claims it is 10 hours of video playback. Even if it is an overestimate it is still better than any thing else out there.

Well it is not just an over sized iPod touch you know. It has some new features like it has a faster moble processor made by Apple. It also has a much longer battery life. In addition it supports Youtube HD.

Exactly right.

Buy it and give us -your- review. =D

Will do.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/25/nintendo-dsi-xl-hands-on/

That's what i think.. an old product, merely oversized.

The iPad is an all new product. Hardly the same.

In other words, no.

Size some times does matter. Why do people buy bigger TVs?

Apple updated the UI and apps to make better use of the extra screen real estate.

http://images.apple.com/ipad/gallery/images/gallery-software-ipod-20100127.jpg

http://images.apple.com/ipad/gallery/images/gallery-software-appstore-20100127.jpg

http://images.apple.com/ipad/gallery/images/gallery-software-ibooks-20100127.jpg

Also iWork (an office apps suite):
http://images.apple.com/ipad/app-store/images/iwork_20100127.jpg

This what won me over. I've got an iPhone, and the iPad is leaps and bounds better.

Gero50
03-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Well I know about these apps for the office and some of the new special apps that will be only on the iPad though until they bring the price down I'll stand by what I said before.

Aizmov
03-04-2010, 03:25 PM
You are making it sound overpriced. By how much should they bring the price down? The iPad starts at $499 for the 16GB WiFi model and tops at $829 for the 64GB WiFi + 3G model. This is hardly overpriced, and in fact quite a bargain.

If you wait until next year and next revision, you could probably get the 32GB WiFi only model for $499. Apple usually doubles the capacity for same price every year, sometimes they cut the price or add new features. So Apple could keep the 16GB WiFi model and sell it for $399 next year.

Gero50
03-04-2010, 03:41 PM
You are making it sound overpriced. By how much should they bring the price down? The iPad starts at $499 for the 16GB WiFi model and tops at $829 for the 64GB WiFi + 3G model. This is hardly overpriced, and in fact quite a bargain.

If you wait until next year and next revision, you could probably get the 32GB WiFi only model for $499. Apple usually doubles the capacity for same price every year, sometimes they cut the price or add new features. So Apple could keep the 16GB WiFi model and sell it for $399 next year.
Yah that is true. I just already have the iphone 3GS and plan on getting the new iphone when it comes out this year. I think for as far as features go the iphone is a better device for the price.

poshyterra
03-04-2010, 04:59 PM
over priced just like all apple products...

basically, i think you're mostly paying for the name with most of their products. sure i like the iPod touch, i haven't seen another MP3 player with a touch screen, but there's just no purpose in the iPad. why do i need? what's the catch with it? that i can take it anywhere?

it looks like it's less portable than a laptop. dumb, stupid idea and will not waste my money on it...

BurntHouse
03-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Sounds like a neat idea... but until it's more solid I'll just wait for the upgrade apple already made... but is just waiting till we all buy the iPad before they release it...

Middy
03-04-2010, 08:18 PM
If you're going to spend 500 dollars, why not get something that can..I don't know..run flash, lol.

No but really, for 500 dollars, I'd just grab a laptop or netbook.

Gero50
03-04-2010, 11:58 PM
If you're going to spend 500 dollars, why not get something that can..I don't know..run flash, lol.

Well keep in mind it is not just the iPhone/iTough fans Apple is going after here. They;re trying to market this device as a business tool as well as home entertainment tool. Though yes it would be nice to have flash support though I don't think that will be on the Iphone OS by defualt for a while. However just like the iTough and iPhones someone is going to find a way to crack them and make flash run.

Aizmov
03-05-2010, 02:05 AM
Yah that is true. I just already have the iphone 3GS and plan on getting the new iphone when it comes out this year. I think for as far as features go the iphone is a better device for the price.

I've got an iPhone 3G and will upgrade this year, but the larger screen, iWork and ability to use physical keyboard are three features missing from the iPod touch/iPhone.

over priced just like all apple products....

Apple products are not overpriced. They are premium products. Not meant for everyone, and thank God for that.
Even with this premium Apple still sells and sells well, in fact they managed to grow in market share and profits despite the recession. Not many people share your anti-Apple view that is surprisingly popular in the Internet but not in the real world.
The iPod touch is the most popular (i.e. best selling) media player, and starting at $199 I'd hardly call it overpriced. The iPod touch is not just a media player, but a gaming handheld, an Internet communication device and a pocket computer.

but there's just no purpose in the iPad. why do i need? what's the catch with it? that i can take it anywhere?

You don't need it, I do. Stop assuming all people are created equal. The iPad fits my daily life, when I was watching the keynote I went "this is what I have been waiting for all my life".

it looks like it's less portable than a laptop. dumb, stupid idea and will not waste my money on it...

Actually it is more portable than any laptop or netbook. It weighs 1.5 pounds and is 9.56" x 7.47" x 0.5".

I'm getting a case for it, so I'll be carrying it with me everywhere.

http://images.apple.com/ipad/specs/images/case_1_20100127.png

Because I hate Flash and want it to die?
Because I browse with FlashBlock and haven't missed it one bit?

I only enable Flash for video streaming sites, and guess what? YouTube works on iPad without need for Flash, and Vimeo has an HTML5 version that doesn't require Flash. YouTube also has an HTML5 version currently in beta.
The iPad's browser (Safari) supports HTML5.

Gero50
03-05-2010, 10:42 AM
I've got an iPhone 3G and will upgrade this year, but the larger screen, iWork and ability to use physical keyboard are three features missing from the iPod touch/iPhone.

Apple products are not overpriced. They are premium products. Not meant for everyone, and thank God for that.
Even with this premium Apple still sells and sells well, in fact they managed to grow in market share and profits despite the recession. Not many people share your anti-Apple view that is surprisingly popular in the Internet but not in the real world.
The iPod touch is the most popular (i.e. best selling) media player, and starting at $199 I'd hardly call it overpriced. The iPod touch is not just a media player, but a gaming handheld, an Internet communication device and a pocket computer.

You don't need it, I do. Stop assuming all people are created equal. The iPad fits my daily life, when I was watching the keynote I went "this is what I have been waiting for all my life".

Actually it is more portable than any laptop or netbook. It weighs 1.5 pounds and is 9.56" x 7.47" x 0.5".

I'm getting a case for it, so I'll be carrying it with me everywhere.

http://images.apple.com/ipad/specs/images/case_1_20100127.png

Because I hate Flash and want it to die?
Because I browse with FlashBlock and haven't missed it one bit?

I only enable Flash for video streaming sites, and guess what? YouTube works on iPad without need for Flash, and Vimeo has an HTML5 version that doesn't require Flash. YouTube also has an HTML5 version currently in beta.
The iPad's browser (Safari) supports HTML5.
Well that is true a external keyboard would be easier to type with. Though once you have gotten use to the on screen keyboard the iphone provides it is not so bad.

Aizmov
03-13-2010, 10:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6nDbE1CK3o

Gero50
03-13-2010, 02:33 PM
j6nDbE1CK3o
This app looks pretty good. Though I never said the Ipad but I just don't really have the money but I guess one day I could buy the wi-fi model.

tenzo_groupie
03-29-2010, 05:52 AM
Don't get me started on the iPad. And I really think they should change its name.

Aizmov
03-29-2010, 06:39 AM
Sources has it the iPad is in high demand and people are being told to wait until April 12 to get theirs.

I hope the WiFi+3G model doesn't get delayed :(

Gero50
03-30-2010, 12:24 AM
Sources has it the iPad is in high demand and people are being told to wait until April 12 to get theirs.

I hope the WiFi+3G model doesn't get delayed :(
Me either I know I've been reading a little more on t and I am now thinking it looks like a pretty good device despite what I said before. I still am unsure if I'll ever buy it though I will play with it at the store for sure.

jbertand
03-30-2010, 03:49 AM
I am Planning to get an ipad , while browsing on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2eiFdMMDEs), I spot this CG novel anyone think it's a good idea to get this?

International 4-8818
03-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Just don't get the Ipad. Instead, go for a itouch or iphone. It is basically the same thing. Wait till net summer when they actually listen to the customers and make it better.

Eris
03-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Seems like a question for Computers & Technology.

BurntHouse
03-30-2010, 05:07 PM
While I myself own quite a number of Apple's products... I still can't bring myself to even consider buying an iPad.

iPhone, iPod Touch... both well made products that aren't large hunks of screen.

Gero50
03-31-2010, 03:23 PM
While I myself own quite a number of Apple's products... I still can't bring myself to even consider buying an iPad.

iPhone, iPod Touch... both well made products that aren't large hunks of screen.
Lots of people say that. Until they hold it in their own hands. I thought the same of the iPhoe until I got to use it then it was the only phone I wanted. Now that I have it is is just a cell phone to me, the norm.

Mr. Panda
03-31-2010, 03:26 PM
Lots of people say that. Until they hold it in their own hands. I thought the same of the iPhoe until I got to use it then it was the only phone I wanted. Now that I have it is is just a cell phone to me, the norm.

Sorry, but a phone that is actually multifunctional compared to a giant iPod Touch which was supposed to be revolutionary but then proved to be nothing more but an oversized iPod Touch with a few extra features? Sorry. Do not want.

Aizmov
04-02-2010, 11:17 AM
The reviews are in, and they are very favorable of the iPad.
Below are links to, and select quotations from, five of those reviews:

Walter S. Mossberg - The Wall Street Journal (http://ptech.allthingsd.com/20100331/apple-ipad-review/)

"For the past week or so, I have been testing a sleek, light, silver-and-black tablet computer called an iPad. After spending hours and hours with it, I believe this beautiful new touch-screen device from Apple has the potential to change portable computing profoundly, and to challenge the primacy of the laptop. It could even help, eventually, to propel the finger-driven, multitouch user interface ahead of the mouse-driven interface that has prevailed for decades."
David Pogue - The New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/01/technology/personaltech/01pogue.html?ref=technology)

"In 10 years of reviewing tech products for The New York Times, I’ve never seen a product as polarizing as Apple’s iPad, which arrives in stores on Saturday. […] The bottom line is that the iPad has been designed and built by a bunch of perfectionists. If you like the concept, you’ll love the machine. The only question is: Do you like the concept?"
Andy Ihnatko - The Chicago Sun-Times (http://www.suntimes.com/technology/ihnatko/2134139,ihnatko-ipad-apple-review-033110.article)

"The most compelling sign that Apple got this right is the fact that despite the novelty of the iPad, the excitement slips away after about ten seconds and you’re completely focused on the task at hand ... whether it’s reading a book, writing a report, or working on clearing your Inbox. Second most compelling: in situation after situation, I find that the iPad is the best computer in my household and office menagerie. It’s not a replacement for my notebook, mind you. It feels more as if the iPad is filling a gap that’s existed for quite some time."
Edward C. Baig - USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/edwardbaig/2010-03-31-apple-ipad-review_N.htm)

"The first iPad is a winner. It stacks up as a formidable electronic-reader rival for Amazon's Kindle. It gives portable game machines from Nintendo and Sony a run for their money. At the very least, the iPad will likely drum up mass-market interest in tablet computing in ways that longtime tablet visionary and Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates could only dream of. […] Apple has pretty much nailed it with this first iPad, though there's certainly room for improvement. Nearly three years after making a splash with the iPhone, Apple has delivered another impressive product that largely lives up to the hype.
Tim Gideon - PC Mag (http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2362042,00.asp)

"Aside from Apple enthusiasts, many of us wondered who would drop hundreds of dollars for this not-quite-computer. But having used the iPad for some time, I can tell you that the device just makes sense. When you combine basic-but-essential work tools with iWork, an improved browser, e-mail, iPod, and photo applications, a well-executed e-Book platform with iBooks, and throw in thousands of downloadable apps and games, and package it all in a gorgeous, slim slate with a beautiful 9.7-inch touch screen, you have yourself a winner. Is the iPad cheap? No. Is it flawless? Not at all. Omissions including support for multitasking, a built-in camera for video chats, and Flash support in Safari leave room for improvement, but otherwise, the Apple iPad is a very convincing debut. And it will undoubtedly be a driving force in shaping the emerging tablet landscape.

makkuro kiba
04-02-2010, 11:34 AM
I think the iPad is going to be stupid. Why would you want something that big? I have an iPod nano, and I like it because it can actually fit in my pocket. I think iTouch's are annoying [and only fit in bigger pockets].

I think Apple is just going too far with all this crud they're making.

Don't get me wrong, I love iPods, but there's a point where you have to draw the line. What's next an iShoe?

Eris
04-02-2010, 11:34 AM
At least it's having some positive effects, in eradicating the scourge that is flash (http://gizmodo.com/5504402/how-the-ipad-is-already-reshaping-the-internet-without-flash) off the interwebs.

Aizmov
04-02-2010, 03:15 PM
I think the iPad is going to be stupid. Why would you want something that big? I have an iPod nano, and I like it because it can actually fit in my pocket. I think iTouch's are annoying [and only fit in bigger pockets].

I think Apple is just going too far with all this crud they're making.

Don't get me wrong, I love iPods, but there's a point where you have to draw the line. What's next an iShoe?

You are wrong :)

At least it's having some positive effects, in eradicating the scourge that is flash (http://gizmodo.com/5504402/how-the-ipad-is-already-reshaping-the-internet-without-flash) off the interwebs.

As bad as Apple locks down their iPad, you gotta give it to them for promoting web standards and working on killing Flash.
Something we all can agree on ;)

Lavos
04-02-2010, 03:40 PM
I think the iPad is cool, just to big to carry around. If they could make some sort of smaller version of it, I think that would be cool.

Miss Moonlight
04-02-2010, 03:46 PM
I think the iPad is cool, just to big to carry around. If they could make some sort of smaller version of it, I think that would be cool.

I think they do. It's called the ipod touch.

But if that's too small, they should probably make a medium-sized version of it, bigger than the ipod touch, but smaller than the ipad.

Aizmov
04-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Apple can probably bring something midsize between iPad and iPod touch, but I don't think there is much of a market to it, at least not now.

Nanuq
04-02-2010, 04:02 PM
I want to get one owo

Apple is just simply amazing.

Aizmov
04-02-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm getting one. The apps coming to the iPad (and iPad only) are really epic.

teed
04-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Which apps?

iPad is mostly an e-book reader. If I want an e-book reader then I'll get an iPad. It's great. People who get the iPad to use it as a laptop are dumb. And people who hate on the iPad saying it's a fail laptop are dumb, too.

If you want an MP3 player, then stick to your iTouch. If you want a phone, then stick to your iPhone. Those were all made for different uses and needs. They aren't over/small sized clones of each other like most of you claim. Would you really want to read books or watch high quality videos on your iPhone or iTouch? I sure as Hell wouldn't like that. My sight is already bad as it is.

I hate Apple with passion, btw. But I hate the haters even more.

Allie Calhoun
04-02-2010, 08:01 PM
The Ipad is also for browsing the internet, teed. You can use it like a bigger ipod just for reading fanfictions on the internet.

teed
04-02-2010, 08:02 PM
All of those devices mentioned can browse internet. O.o They still have other different uses, though.

Aizmov
04-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Which apps?

Loads of apps. Just browse the App Store. There is almost no limit to what the iPad can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsj6E_D6Ui0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeVx5PQERKE

Autodesk Sketchbook Pro
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2010/03/31/232103-forscore.jpg

There's also Keynote, Numbers, Kindle, Netflix and much more.

The iPad was reported to have +10 hours of continuous video playback. In other words Apple underestimated instead of overestimating the battery life. Major win in my opinion.

I was impressed with the iPad’s battery life, which I found to be even longer than Apple’s ten-hour claim, and far longer than on my laptops or smart phones. For my battery test, I played movies, TV shows and other videos back-to-back until the iPad died. This stressed the device’s most power-hogging feature, its screen. The iPad lasted 11 hours and 28 minutes, about 15% more than Apple claimed. I was able to watch four feature-length movies, four TV episodes and a video of a 90-minute corporate presentation, before the battery died midway through an episode of “The Closer.”

Oh, and all the while during this battery marathon, I kept the Wi-Fi network running and the email downloading constantly in the background. Your mileage may vary, but with Wi-Fi off and the screen turned down from the fairly bright level I used, you might even do better. Music plays far longer with the screen off. On the other hand, playing games constantly might yield worse battery life.

http://ptech.allthingsd.com/20100331/apple-ipad-review/

If you have a laptop then the iPad might be pointless, but then again at 1.5 pounds and with +10 hours of video playback, you can't lose. 3G and GPS are extra win. Then there's all the games and apps.

Trace7
04-06-2010, 04:56 PM
I think it will be very useful 2 da business man or women not much for da average person this iz jus my opinion

Gero50
04-06-2010, 10:26 PM
I think it will be very useful 2 da business man or women not much for da average person this iz jus my opinion
I must say I agree with your statement on it would be better used in the hands of a businessmen, but I think the tech lover with find t a fun toy for sure.

Mister_S
04-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Well in my opinion the Ipad as of right now is something that can be overlooked, the future of the ipad will no doubt be amazing. You know those electronic pieces of paper that we believed would one day take the place of notebooks and paper in schools, well this is the tip of the iceburg. As it is now it's nothing more then an oversized ipod touch (though calling it a piece of garbage is a bit much) but I have high hopes for it's future.

Of course the name kinda does suck, once you get over the whole *giggle giggle* it has the word PAD in it's name *giggle giggle* you kinda realize that it was a good choice considering the whole ipod revolution.

Anyway whether the world like it or not, apple is the future of technology, and I prefer to just sit back and watch things evolve from here.

Gero50
04-07-2010, 02:34 PM
Well in my opinion the Ipad as of right now is something that can be overlooked, the future of the ipad will no doubt be amazing. You know those electronic pieces of paper that we believed would one day take the place of notebooks and paper in schools, well this is the tip of the iceburg. As it is now it's nothing more then an oversized ipod touch (though calling it a piece of garbage is a bit much) but I have high hopes for it's future.

Of course the name kinda does suck, once you get over the whole *giggle giggle* it has the word PAD in it's name *giggle giggle* you kinda realize that it was a good choice considering the whole ipod revolution.

Anyway whether the world like it or not, apple is the future of technology, and I prefer to just sit back and watch things evolve from here.
I agree for sure that it is just another iPod Touch but larger in it's current state. Though it still seems to lack a few key features of the IPods that make a lot of people like them. For one it cannot charge of your computer due t the fact it needs 10V wheres a computer only puts out 5V.