PDA

View Full Version : [Help - Windows] Plug the headphones in kills my sound

.Tatty.
01-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Well I installed windows 7 ultimate (32bit) on my work laptop and as i expected with it being such an old crappy laptop i would have to go hunt out drivers. And thus far i've sorted out all issues but one. However this could be (but probably isn't) a hardware problem.

Whenever i put headphones in the jack it just kills alls the sound but when i take them out again oh snap there's sound. Another driver problem?

Well the laptop model is "ASUS A9RP" and i just can't find any sound card drivers that will work on with windows 7. Any advice

EDIT: Yes i have checked the manufacturers website and many other websites me and the IT Boys were mulling over. I also tried to get windows 7 to update the driver but its saying theres nothing wrong and it doesn't need updating.

Ashminigun
01-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, I think this related to Microsoft High Definition Audio Device built-in Win 7 installation disc; which it couldn't detect and enable the front panel audio if present (I'm using RC built 7100 BTW). In my case, the latest VIA Audio Vinyl driver fixed the problem but since I'm using RC, it become unstable and I've to rolled back to Microsoft driver.

Which AC'07 chipset did your laptop use?

Gero50
01-27-2010, 02:17 PM
Well I installed windows 7 ultimate (32bit) on my work laptop and as i expected with it being such an old crappy laptop i would have to go hunt out drivers. And thus far i've sorted out all issues but one. However this could be (but probably isn't) a hardware problem.

Whenever i put headphones in the jack it just kills alls the sound but when i take them out again oh snap there's sound. Another driver problem?

Well the laptop model is "ASUS A9RP" and i just can't find any sound card drivers that will work on with windows 7. Any advice

EDIT: Yes i have checked the manufacturers website and many other websites me and the IT Boys were mulling over. I also tried to get windows 7 to update the driver but its saying theres nothing wrong and it doesn't need updating.
I have had problems like that before with older computers including notebooks. One thing you could try running the driver that worked in XP/Vista in compatibility mode. That is how I got my Dad's video and sound cards to work in Windows 7 being the manufacturer did not provide drivers for that OS.