PDA

View Full Version : Bad Anime?

Shwayze
01-22-2010, 12:35 PM
I know we have a thread that talks about everyones favorite Anime shows, but I dont think we have a thread about bad Anime shows. So, here is the question: Have you seen or watched any bad Animes? If so, what are they? If not, have you heard of Anime shows that are terrible?

-GAZKUL-
01-22-2010, 01:16 PM
i thought kiba was pretty anoying , dunno about any others because i havnt watched too many

StabWound
01-22-2010, 02:03 PM
Personally:

K-ON! - Sorry, I don't find retarded moeblobs funny. Just extremely annoying.
Lucky Star - Same deal.
Elfen Lied - Adding shock value and forced drama to a shallow fanserivce show does not make it any better.
Haruhi Season 2 - More like K-ON! 2 but with the same episode repeated more than half the show. It doesn't get any better once that's finally done either.
Strait Jacket - A bunch of gory fights with no real substance.
ef - a tale of memories. - Wow, it's every single cliche I hate about anime crammed into one convenient package.
Yami no Matsuei - Uninspired Shounen Ai vampire crap. I dropped it immediately so if it gets better that's great, but I'm not willing to find out.

There's also the objectively bad stuff like Mars of Destruction and Apocalypse Zero out there too, but at least those can get some people to have a good laugh at how bad they are. I can't say the same for the above... every second was painful.

-GAZKUL-
01-22-2010, 02:39 PM
a bunch of gory fights sounds like my cup of tea

John Watson
01-22-2010, 02:55 PM
I may upset some people but I gotta let it out. :/

-One Piece
-Dragon Ball Z
-Inuyasha
-Yu-Gi-Oh
-Bakugan
-Hamtaro
-Gundam whatever.

Anime Forum
01-22-2010, 05:06 PM

-One Piece
-Dragon Ball Z
-Inuyasha
-Yu-Gi-Oh
-Bakugan
-Hamtaro
-Gundam whatever.

You just struck my heart not once, but seven times.

To the Opening - The show Solty Rei. I tried getting into it, I really did but the show was just so annoying and the voice acting in english was horrible.

Diocletian
01-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Have to agree about Solty Rei. I tried really hard to like it, but couldn't.

Strait Jacket is a show you will enjoy if you like nice fighting scenes without any real story.

xXPainful SmilexX
01-22-2010, 06:25 PM
1. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya*Or whatever) It started out good, but after awhile, it just got.... I don't know,
2. Spiral. I watched about five episodes before I gave up. Ugh...
3. Eureka 7. I couldn't get past the first few episodes. I don't know if it was the crappy voices, the weird plot, or the bad character designs. I just couldn't get into it.
4.One Piece. Never was a big pirate fan, but it's art kind of turned me off to begin with.
5. Dragon Ball Z. Not my type of show at all.
6. Inuyasha. Not only was it a tad bit corny, it was also long.
7. Yu-Gi-Oh. It's plot was to far out there.
8. Bakugan. Just uhg....
9. Hamtaro. It's about a bunch of talking hamsters. How could anyone watch it?
10. Naruto. Not my type of show.

Memento Mori
01-22-2010, 06:30 PM
Elfen Lied. Possibly the worst anime show ever devised by man.

Nudity, peeing girls, more nudity, nudity with violence, violence, gory violence, and no plot?

No thanks.

John Watson
01-22-2010, 06:41 PM
Elfen Lied. Possibly the worst anime show ever devised by man.

Nudity, peeing girls, more nudity, nudity with violence, violence, gory violence, and no plot?

No thanks.

There were peeing girls in Elfen Lied?! O.o;
Wth..?

xXPainful SmilexX
01-22-2010, 06:47 PM
There were peeing girls in Elfen Lied?! O.o;
Wth..?
Um... Ew.... Is that some sick form of fanservice...?

EDIT: I'm surprised by how many people hate Gundam. I haven't seen that much of it, but 00 is my favorite show. Unless the ending sucks... I haven't finished it yet, but I'm REALLY close.

MangaFanGuy
01-22-2010, 07:50 PM
^^ not it wasn't
Elfen Lied didn't really use fanservice.

Ok bad shows
Violence Jack- an old OVA that needs to be forgotten
Lucky Star-Too mindless

Gjallarhorn
01-22-2010, 07:59 PM
K-ON!
Lucky Star
Shakugan no Shana
Fruits Basket
Inuyasha
Elfen Lied
Bleach
Manabi Strait
Zero no Tsukaima
Anything by Ken Akamatsu (Love Hina, Negima, AI Love You, etc)
to-LOVE-ru
AirGear (the entire anime, and after about 150 chapters of the manga)
Tenjou Tenge (manga only, the anime was actually better)
To Aru Majutsu no Index
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
Queen's Blade
Overman King Gainer
Akikan
Soul Eater
Sora Kake Shoujo
Haruhi Second Season (EE be damned)
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle
xxxHOLiC
Kobato
Chobits
Fate/Stay Night (anime and manga only)
That one anime that doesn't exist. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsukihime#Anime)

There's a lot more, but I can't think of everything off the top of my head. Assume this to be like...10-20% of what I'd list if I could remember it all at once. There's a lot of really bad anime and manga out there.

TheThunderBringer
01-22-2010, 11:29 PM
Gundamm 00 was the worste show I've seen. The ending really killed it for me, as well as a pretty weak story.

Soul Eater: Not a single serious fight that executed the shows' fabulous animation...

Diocletian
01-22-2010, 11:38 PM
Violence Jack is the greatest anime Go Nagai ever worked on, the end.

I have yet to see Overman King Gainer, but it looks sort of interesting. As for Soul Eater, amazing animation but I stopped at around episode 5 or so.

Gjallarhorn
01-22-2010, 11:57 PM
Soul Eater had amazing animation.

Too bad it had a bland and generic story, bland characters, poor direction, and poor execution.

Overman King Gainer is just too vague. Especially in the initial episodes. It's hard to catch on to what's going on, and to follow the development of the story itself.

Also add to my list:

Gundam 00
Gundam SEED
Gundam SEED Destiny

The name "Gundam" is practically synonymous with military drama and space opera, not highschool drama

Not to mention SEED is packed with a bunch of whiny emo kids and the main character is completely flawless...he doesn't make any mistakes, he doesn't have any internal conflict, and he is always right. I enjoy that his fan nickname is Jesus Yamato as a result of this.

Also, the only people who don't like One Piece are the people who've never read One Piece. Time and time again I hear the "I hated One Piece because it looked stupid and the art was bad, but then I read it, and it's the best manga ever" story.

unruley700
01-23-2010, 12:00 AM
i'm glad so many are putting soul eater on the list. i watched the first couple of episodes and though "man, i hope this gets better" now i know that i don't need to go back to it. thanks guys

XxPantherChickxX
01-23-2010, 12:12 AM
I could never get into the multiple Gundam animes...

BestFly
01-23-2010, 01:02 AM
SoulTaker
Ok so, like a lot of you this is near the top of my list. The animation was amazing, I remember I saw the first episode on TV and i was thinking "why can't all anime look like this?" Too bad that's all it had going for it.

Colorful
I remember in college me and my friends would sometimes have this playing and like us, and the whole room would make fun of it. It didn't matter if you even knew what anime was, it was that stupid.

Dragon Ball GT
First off, you know it's bad when GT means Grand Tour. I still don't know what the Z means in DBZ. While DBZ was somewhat enjoyable, GT had almost no redeeming factors at all. No one wants Goku to be a little kid again.

Ragnarok The Animation
Yes it's based on RO. Actually, as a big fan of RO I really liked the anime. But I can see that people who never played the game would be like "What is this crap?" Everything was kind of below average aside from the animation, which was about average.

Queen's Blade
Okay, so I'm all for fan service. But this is kinda overboard. I mean fan service and an anime with an enjoyable story/characters/something? That would be legit. But the problem I have with shows like Queens Blade is it pushes the envelope so much that I should be watching Hentai instead.

Chaos: Head
So, I remember almost nothing about the entire story. However, this anime might have the worst main character known to anime. Yes, that pink haired girl was cute but that's about all I can say was good about the show.

D.I.C.E.
This just might top it all. I remember when this was on CTN. I saw one episode and I almost rather listen to Brokencyde than watch this again. It's that bad. I don't care if it's a kids show, there was no excuse for this at all. Even kids have intelligence.

Gundam ZZ
A lot of gundam is bad, some of it is ok, one series might actually be good. But ZZ is probably the worst of the worst. It basically destroyed any credibility gundam had built up to that point.

While animes like He is my Master, Ikkitousen, Fate/Stay Night, Tokyo Mew Mew, etc might not be masterpieces, you can't really say they suck compared to the other ones I have listed above.

InLibrisLibertas
01-23-2010, 05:36 AM
Rune Soldier is one of the worst animes I have ever seen.It was confusing with no real plot.

Famahama
01-23-2010, 05:52 AM
Green Green.
The first anime that made me RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAGE.

The story was just so typical, childish and silly
I regret watching it till the end, NINE THOUSAND curses for the person that recommended me watching it!

Missty0Citty
01-23-2010, 08:31 AM
I thought that Sister Princess was a bad one. It looked good from what I had saw in previews but then when I watched it it took forever to watch it was so boring and the characters voices in English were horrible and annoying.

The Butcher
01-23-2010, 10:59 AM
Evagelion
Gundam SEED
Cowboy Bebop
TTGL

I can't think of anymore right now.

TheAgentD
01-23-2010, 12:32 PM
Personally:

K-ON! - Sorry, I don't find retarded moeblobs funny. Just extremely annoying.
Lucky Star - Same deal.
Elfen Lied - Adding shock value and forced drama to a shallow fanserivce show does not make it any better.
Haruhi Season 2 - More like K-ON! 2 but with the same episode repeated more than half the show. It doesn't get any better once that's finally done either.
ef - a tale of memories. - Wow, it's every single cliche I hate about anime crammed into one convenient package.
Yami no Matsuei - Uninspired Shounen Ai vampire crap. I dropped it immediately so if it gets better that's great, but I'm not willing to find out.

There's also the objectively bad stuff like Mars of Destruction and Apocalypse Zero out there too, but at least those can get some people to have a good laugh at how bad they are. I can't say the same for the above... every second was painful.

StabWound is about to get a stab wound!! (Just joking...)
I can't speak for Strait Jacket or Yami no Matsuei, but I thought the rest of those series were good. >.< My own worst experience is probably Earth Girl Arjuna. I dropped it immediately. It's kinda sad that Greenpeace needs help from Sailor Moon. -.-'

-GAZKUL-
01-23-2010, 01:10 PM
i am so glad so many of you are putting One piece on their lists, not a good anime

Doom85
01-23-2010, 02:49 PM
The name "Gundam" is practically synonymous with military drama and space opera, not highschool drama

Not to mention SEED is packed with a bunch of whiny emo kids and the main character is completely flawless...he doesn't make any mistakes, he doesn't have any internal conflict, and he is always right. I enjoy that his fan nickname is Jesus Yamato as a result of this.

Uh, no, you're only describing Seed Destiny there (which I don't even consider canon because all of the massive character derailment, not to mention the director's distrubing views on morality (people who are pro-removal of free will = good guys in his book?!) and his wife destroying the story because of her grudges against Cagalli and Shinn's VAs)). In Seed, Kira made tons of mistakes (failed to save countless people, let Flay manipulate him for quite a while, and lost to Athrun in their final fight halfway through), definitely had internal conflict, and the cast was emotional because they were brand-new recruits with no prior training (now, if you want to criticize Athrun, that's another thing). Of course, Amuro acted even more emotional and idiotic than Kira ever did ("I'm leaving, and to act like even more of a jerk, I'm stealing the Gundam as well! Yeah, that shouldn't get me court-marshalled for life!"), but the fanbase never whines about that. :rolleyes:

I don't recall high school drama in 00 (or Seed, but I guess if one defines teenagers actually having emotions as high school drama, than it counts), save Saji and Louise, but they were clearly meant to show civilians' view on the events going on.

Honestly, if I have any major beef with a Gundam series, it's Wing. It wasn't bad, but the lack of deaths was annoying, and most of the cast was rather unrelatable until way into the series. The story was definitely strong though, and Zechs and Treize are among my favorite Gundam antagonists. Also, I never cared for the Relena hate, since she's one of the few characters in the beginning I have any reason to care about.

Anime Forum
01-23-2010, 03:07 PM
I forgot to mention that one show titled D.i.c.e <-- Really bad show and it has a really bad storyline. The only thing that it has better than Solty Rei is the voice acting.

luz~
01-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Lets seeeeeee, no offense but i HATE DragonballZ (All of it including sequels.) Yu-gi-oh, School days(WAY to creepy) Okane ga nai, pokemon (Love the game though lol leaf green ~<3 just waaaay to many sequels one season was good enough.)

The Truth in Blue
01-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Lets seeeeeee, no offense but i HATE DragonballZ (All of it including sequels.) Yu-gi-oh, School days(WAY to creepy) Okane ga nai, pokemon (Love the game though lol leaf green ~<3 just waaaay to many sequels one season was good enough.)
Yeah, pokemon is full of lies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2I54LWDYfw

lilaznkid
01-26-2010, 11:56 PM
The only anime I've seen that I never really liked was Darker than Black.

animesweets123
01-27-2010, 09:46 PM
-One Piece
-Dragon Ball Z
-Pokemon
-Yu-Gi-Oh
-Bakugan
-Peach Girl
-Coplay Complex
-Lum
-Powerpuff Girls X

ArtieBoy
02-05-2010, 01:42 AM
Bleach (the art is bad the story sux to many random characters)
Elfen Lied Bad ending
666 satan very cliche

LOL @ the person who neg me. seems like i hurt someones feelings

TheThunderBringer
02-05-2010, 04:28 PM
The only anime I've seen that I never really liked was Darker than Black.

Then you need to re-watch it or something, cuz it's good whether you think so or not!

Forgot to mention Devil May Cry.....meh begining/middle, TERRIBLE ending. Absolutely awful climax. Words cannot express how pathetic the final showdown between main character and antagonist was.

Bandaid X
02-06-2010, 07:03 AM
Well... I bought Sister Princess, but couldn't get too far, cause the sisters all start to look the same and have the same personality. XD

It's still on the shelf, though. Maybe someday...

Vyndrasta
02-06-2010, 01:48 PM
i am so glad so many of you are putting One piece on their lists, not a good anime

That deserved a rep!

Brandandy
02-06-2010, 03:27 PM
I hate the whole Dragon Ball series and One Piece!!!!!:banghead:

Shida12
02-07-2010, 04:03 AM
Um... Ew.... Is that some sick form of fanservice...?

EDIT: I'm surprised by how many people hate Gundam. I haven't seen that much of it, but 00 is my favorite show. Unless the ending sucks... I haven't finished it yet, but I'm REALLY close.

(Off-Topic)Gundam00 isnt that bad but if you seen a whole lot of Gundam Series then youll notice that they tend to Copy Predacessors well not whole out copy and paste but there are many similarities watch Gundam Wing after Gundam 00 youll notice a few similar trends or better yet watch Gundam Zeta and Gundam Seed Destiny almost the same lol :P

On-Topic the worse Ive seen was Dragonball GT the old stuff was all right but to me dragonball as a whole was sooo repetitive that it was getting old quick in my book for crying out loud can anyone tell me how many times Goku died? In one episode?

ArtieBoy
02-07-2010, 03:47 PM
O yea naruto shippuden (sasuke shippuden)
its pretty lame and the fillers are all over the place but thats the anime
i dont have to much of a problem with the series itself. but it just seems the story isnt about naruto anymore,
i still like the manga

Diocletian
02-07-2010, 03:54 PM
I hate the whole Dragon Ball series and One Piece!!!!!:banghead:

This thread is about bad anime. It's not about what you hate and those series aren't bad in any context.

Brandandy
02-07-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm sorry, but I do feel that those are bad anime. The animation in both are very poor,IMO. Some of the story lines in the DB series weren't bad, but I wasn't impressed by it. Again this is just my opinion. Another anime that I consider "bad" is Fist of the Northstar. The gore, story, and animation were just awful (IMO). All I can give you is my opinion. To each his own.

Disciple-of-Jashin
02-07-2010, 08:57 PM
The only series that I don't like are One Piece, the plot seems ok but the art style just doesn't appeal to me in the anime and the manga is too much happening in every panel to know what is actually happening.

Gunslinger Girl just seemed really stale and unlikeable.

viruko
02-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Elfen Lied... Only watched a couple of episodes of it, but I know some C****S killed a dog in it and that was enough for me to hate it XD.

Light Buster
02-08-2010, 07:56 PM
I hate...

Every single Gundam to man.
The Count of Monte Crusto (Not sure if I'm close or not.)

That's about it but the list can fill up anytime...

@viruko: Welcome to the world of mature stuff, man. Blood and gore, intense violence, nudity, all of that good stuff. I feel your pain but I endured it.

Berry~TM
02-09-2010, 01:07 AM
I havent watched any bad animes, because if i think its bad, i stop right away..
But i think that Lucky Star is abit boring for me.
All the other animes ive watched are all good :cool:

Rolo Vi Britannia
02-09-2010, 07:41 AM
I think the people that say Gundam haven't seen it because I used to think that but I just watched 00 and it was fantastic.
Spiral. I didn't watch very much of it, but it wasn't very entertaining.
Eureka 7I just couldn't get past... Something.... Not sure what it was...
One PieceUgh....
Dragon Ball Z. I hate shows with a transparent plot, no interesting characters. I also hate the black and white stuff. All the bad guys are very evil, and all the good guys are really good.
Inuyasha. I don't like romance that much anyway.
Naruto. I hate shows with a transparent plot.
FMA Brotherhood I'm hopeful that will change this Saturday.

Memento Mori
02-09-2010, 09:39 PM
Cowboy Bebop

You, sir, are wrong.

Oh, so very wrong.

Now, excuse me while I wipe away my tears and mend my stricken heart...

-P.N.-
02-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Myself;Yourself is REALY bad'
It makes u go "wt*"

Shinn Kamiyra
02-09-2010, 10:08 PM
...Wow, we sure have a lot of harsh critics here. Oh well. To each their own, as people have been saying.

Anyway, as for my list of anime that I outright don't like:

Kyoshiro to Towa No Sora: A couple of episodes in and even my patience had grown thin. Chalk it up to whatever you will, but the absolute neediness of the female lead (a waste to try and remember her name) annoyed the life out of me.
Elfen Lied: It had its somewhat high points, but there was too much emphasis on the blood and gore. When I went into an episode wondering: 'I wonder how they're going to tear this person apart today', I knew I'd had enough.
Bleach: I won't hammer on this one too much, as we've had more than enough of it already. Long story short: awesome beginning and original Soul Society arc. From then on... all went downhill in a very bad way.
Haruhi Season 2: How they managed to take an originally awesome series with some damn good potential and mess it up so bad (Endless Eight, anyone?) is beyond me.
Kanokon: A bright and shining example of everything wrong with the fanservice industry. Enough said.
Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~: A lot I could say about this anime. A decent enough storyline with a penchant for violence that doesn't go overboard, but completely abhorrent ending. Words fail me as to how to describe it.
School Days: ...Do I really need to say it?Just a few on a very long list.

Saladin
02-09-2010, 11:37 PM
1. Hetalia (anime and manga) - Don't kill me. It is all about relationship-related fantasies and it gets quite annoying since episode 1.
2. Yu-Gi-Oh - Card games are not my forte.
3. Lucky Star - Sucked except for the last episode.
4. Darker Than Black - Storywise more confusing than the movie, Fight Club.

I thought that Sister Princess was a bad one. It looked good from what I had saw in previews but then when I watched it it took forever to watch it was so boring and the characters voices in English were horrible and annoying.

Sister Princess was more popular for the early interests in voice actors and actresses. This series was technically the early pioneer of voice actress singing anime songs of decent quality (that and the odd Digi Charat franchise).

See PRITS (temporary voice actress group related to Sister Princess).

Light Buster
02-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Gunslinger Girl just seemed really stale and unlikeable.

But you get to see all of those cool weapons good sir.

Example: Rico's SVD Dragonuv, Herrita's (Don't remember her name that well) P90, AUG HBAR, Skorpion.

All of those which are also appeared in CoD 4: MW and CoD: MW2 as an added bonus. And I love guns in general, to use and see. But not to kill real people though...

I also hate anime that sound good but don't look good.

-GAZKUL-
02-10-2010, 02:11 PM
[quote=StabWound;2376068]

[quote/]

i watched it . it seemed pretty good , pity ther ane only 3 episodes.

p.s if mthe quote dousnt come out right sorry , i havnt quite got the hang of this yet

TheThunderBringer
02-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Elfen Lied... Only watched a couple of episodes of it, but I know some C****S killed a dog in it and that was enough for me to hate it XD.

lol, she actually breaks the leash it's tied up to.

小美ドクロchan
02-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Hmmm this is Chiibi's list of anime that suck:

Reign The Conqueror. Haha I ALWAYS see this in places that sell used anime dvds. Nobody wants this thing and for good reason.:rolleyes:

Love Love. Worst harem. Ever. EVEEEEER. This is the plot: a guy goes around, bumping into girls aged from 8 to 14, and manages to see every single one of their panties. THAT'S THE PLOT. While pervy otaku might say "Hey, that's great!" forget it, because the characters are ugly to boot.

SD Gundam-do I have to say why?

Dead Leaves-I just hated it. Brave Little Toaster on acid then throw in tons of vulgarity and bathroom humor. T_T

Level C Horribly drawn bad yaoi for the lose.

mimichan1000
02-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Rozen Maiden
Burst Angel
EX Driver
Nanaka 6/9
Suzuka
Gunslinger Girl
School Rumble
Dragon Ball
One Piece
My Hime
Black Lagoon

The Butcher
02-11-2010, 07:16 PM
You, sir, are wrong.

Oh, so very wrong.

Now, excuse me while I wipe away my tears and mend my stricken heart...
Always preferred Outlaw Star over CB. What made Cb bad was:
Not enough action
Most characters were annoying(Except Spike)

Mainly my reason why I don't like it.

I hate...

Every single Gundam to man.

You must have watched SEED. I suggest watching 00.

Doom85
02-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Always preferred Outlaw Star over CB. What made Cb bad was:
Not enough action
Most characters were annoying(Except Spike)

Mainly my reason why I don't like it.

Jet Black.....annoying? DOES NOT COMPUTE. Also, how could Ein be annoying, he's a dog for goodness sake. I wouldn't consider Faye annoying either, and I might give you Ed, but I found her hilarious. Vicious (who is too awesome to be annoying) and Julia didn't have enough screentime to be annoying.

As for action, *cough*, yes, they dared to focus on unparalleled music, good stories and character development, solid animation for the time, etc. over the "unique" aspect of people shooting and throwing fists at each other. How dare they!

Just messing with you though, I think you're totally wrong, but if it wasn't your cup of tea, that's cool.

Rolo Vi Britannia
02-11-2010, 09:03 PM
You must have watched SEED. I suggest watching 00.
Seconded!

Jet Black.....annoying? DOES NOT COMPUTE. Also, how could Ein be annoying, he's a dog for goodness sake. I wouldn't consider Faye annoying either, and I might give you Ed, but I found her hilarious. Vicious (who is too awesome to be annoying) and Julia didn't have enough screentime to be annoying.

As for action, *cough*, yes, they dared to focus on unparalleled music, good stories and character development, solid animation for the time, etc. over the "unique" aspect of people shooting and throwing fists at each other. How dare they!

Just messing with you though, I think you're totally wrong, but if it wasn't your cup of tea, that's cool.
And seconded!

-P.N.-
02-11-2010, 09:13 PM
...Wow, we sure have a lot of harsh critics here. Oh well. To each their own, as people have been saying.

Anyway, as for my list of anime that I outright don't like:

Kyoshiro to Towa No Sora: A couple of episodes in and even my patience had grown thin. Chalk it up to whatever you will, but the absolute neediness of the female lead (a waste to try and remember her name) annoyed the life out of me.
Elfen Lied: It had its somewhat high points, but there was too much emphasis on the blood and gore. When I went into an episode wondering: 'I wonder how they're going to tear this person apart today', I knew I'd had enough.
Bleach: I won't hammer on this one too much, as we've had more than enough of it already. Long story short: awesome beginning and original Soul Society arc. From then on... all went downhill in a very bad way.
Haruhi Season 2: How they managed to take an originally awesome series with some damn good potential and mess it up so bad (Endless Eight, anyone?) is beyond me.
Kanokon: A bright and shining example of everything wrong with the fanservice industry. Enough said.
Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~: A lot I could say about this anime. A decent enough storyline with a penchant for violence that doesn't go overboard, but completely abhorrent ending. Words fail me as to how to describe it.
School Days: ...Do I really need to say it?Just a few on a very long list.

Good point on 3. 4. and 7. I havent watch the other.... But in elfenlied the blood didn't bother me much, Just he story end is a lilbit too open [ haven't watch read the manga tho].

Diocletian
02-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Kanokon was funny. That was until it decided to be a drama. That is precisely what is wrong with anime. They try to do so much. Kannagi, Kanokon, Toradora!, etc. it's the exact reason why I hate shows like that. Why can't they just decide they want to do comedy or drama? It always fails.

Half of you have ruined your thread. People who are saying "Yu Gi Oh is bad because cards aren't my forte" aren't making any sense. I dislike action anime that aren't named Black Lagoon, but that doesn't mean they're bad. They simply aren't targeted towards me. I can't call any of the Hello Kitty anime out there "bad" just because it's not my thing.

Rolo Vi Britannia
02-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Kanokon was funny. That was until it decided to be a drama. That is precisely what is wrong with anime. They try to do so much. Kannagi, Kanokon, Toradora!, etc. it's the exact reason why I hate shows like that. Why can't they just decide they want to do comedy or drama? It always fails.

Half of you have ruined your thread. People who are saying "Yu Gi Oh is bad because cards aren't my forte" aren't making any sense. I dislike action anime that aren't named Black Lagoon, but that doesn't mean they're bad. They simply aren't targeted towards me. I can't call any of the Hello Kitty anime out there "bad" just because it's not my thing.
In all honesty, there wouldn't be a thread then. Everyone is just expressing their opinion of what a bad anime is.

TheThunderBringer
02-14-2010, 04:46 PM
I suggest watching 00

And I suggest you take that back. That show had one of the worst endings I've ever seen. It had a meh storyline with mediocre actions scenes.

Lady Edani
02-14-2010, 05:13 PM
-One Piece
-Dragon Ball Z
-Pokemon
-Yu-Gi-Oh
-Bakugan
-Peach Girl
-Coplay Complex
-Lum
-Powerpuff Girls X

I agree with all of these XD

High school host club
Naruto
One piece
Bleach ( I only liked the espadas, the story, I could not get in to)

I hardly watch anime anymore, I prefer the manga.

TwiDragon1000
02-15-2010, 03:30 PM
People arn't going to agree with me, but thats because its harder for me to tell if its good or not. I could like the worst of animes, and the best.

Basically what I'm saying is that my tastes in anime are very different. So please don't yell at me for thinking something is good/bad.

Also, note that this is just a list of animes that could of been better.
Lucky Star - It steals from other shows
Excel Saga - I can't stand the main charachters voice
Pani Poni Dash - A bit too crazy, but I guess some people love the overcrazyness
Naruto - Filler = belh
Elffen Leid(sp) - Too much blood, and it gets confusing at times.
The ones I just posted, are the ones that I have big problems with. I don't hate any of those, but here are some of the ones I would probably not want to see again.

Green Green - Over load of fanservice

Theres also a bunch of others that I have seen bits and pieces of, that don't look good. I can't say until I've seen them though.

-Matt

EDIT: To the people here complaining about Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon, and other shows that I watched as a kid. I'm not going to list these, as they where the ones who got me interested in anime.

小美ドクロchan
02-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Lucky Star - It steals from other shows

Um........it's called "parodying", not stealing. -.-

On another note, you're 14 and you've seen Elfen Lied AND Green Green!?

.........whoa, cool parents? XD

makkuro kiba
02-15-2010, 06:15 PM
The only anime I absolutely cannot stand watching that I've seen is Fruits Basket, there's others that are bad, but I'll watch them when if I'm bored enough, but the voice acting in Fruits Basket is horrible, and it's so monotone I want to blow up my TV when it's on!!!!!

I don't like shoujo stuff either, so that's a minus factor there too.

I stay away from things like that and Ouran High School Host Club, but I'm pretty sure that would be better than Fruits Basket...

Diocletian
02-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Um........it's called "parodying", not stealing. -.-

On another note, you're 14 and you've seen Elfen Lied AND Green Green!?

.........whoa, cool parents? XD

It's called the internet. People can watch just about anything without parent supervision. Not to mention those shows are mostly made for teens. Green Green is called the show for "people who don't have access to pornography". Teens watch pornography.

Yeah, Fruits Basket had one of the flatest dubs I've ever heard. I've looked up why and all I've gotten was that this was one of FUNImation's first dubs. It was made when FUNImation was using some bizzare form of dubbing.

小美ドクロchan
02-15-2010, 09:06 PM
It's called the internet. People can watch just about anything without parent supervision. Not to mention those shows are mostly made for teens.

Yeah, it's also called "internet filters". Parents can control the content as much as they want using those.

Elfen Lied was made for adults, not teens. I'm just pointing out that if it had been me at age 14 and my dad or mom walked in on me watching a little girl getting raped by her stepdad or a naked woman slaughtering people left and right in an epic bloodbath, drastic measures would be taken. XD

He complained it was too bloody and confusing....well no wonder!!
Better to wait four more years!:wacko:

Diocletian
02-15-2010, 09:44 PM
Incorrect. Even though Elfen Lied ran in Weekly Young Jump (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weekly_Young_Jump) making it a seinen manga, it is a manga aimed at slightly older teenager demographic (around 15+). It's the same magazine Gantz, Real, and Merry & Sheep ran in.

Rolo Vi Britannia
02-15-2010, 09:57 PM
And I suggest you take that back. That show had one of the worst endings I've ever seen. It had a meh storyline with mediocre actions scenes.
The ending of season 2 wasn't that bad.
I really liked the story, even if it made no sense, but there is still another mission, so I expect a full explanation of it then.
I loved the action scenes. It was the best I'd ever seen in a mecha so far.

Oh well, to each their own I suppose.

TwiDragon1000
02-16-2010, 06:31 AM
^^^No, I just think it was too bloody, and the plot was a little bit hard to follow. So, I can't have these problems if I'm older?

If my parents wouldn't want me exposed to this kind of stuff, then why do I play god of war? why do I play call of duty? why can I be one of the biggest south park fans out there?

You see my parents trust in me that I know what kind of content I'm viewing. They also trust my sister for the same exact reason.

Also, about my parents walking in and finding me watch Elffen Leid. Doubt they would because at that time period, I watched all my anime at night.

小美ドクロchan
02-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Incorrect. Even though Elfen Lied ran in Weekly Young Jump (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weekly_Young_Jump) making it a seinen manga, it is a manga aimed at slightly older teenager demographic (around 15+). It's the same magazine Gantz, Real, and Merry & Sheep ran in.

Okay, you just contradicted yourself there. :rolleyes:

Seinen means adult men.

If it's in an adult men's magazine, it's aimed at adult men and ONLY adult men. No ifs, ands, or buts about it! Anyone could pick up the magazine and look at it, even a little girl probably but she is not the audience it was intended for.

What makes you think it's aimed for 15-year-olds when it's in an adult magazine?

^^^No, I just think it was too bloody, and the plot was a little bit hard to follow. So, I can't have these problems if I'm older?

Well, of course you can, but just keep in mind that you were not the intended audience so it's kind of silly to complain about something that was not even meant for your age group to start with. This is a very psychological anime and you'd probably understand better had you been an adult.

poshyterra
02-16-2010, 12:43 PM
i'm scared to post anything in here because i don't want flamed for MY OPINION...

seriously grow up here. these are opinions. so what if somebody says they don't like so so anime but you like it? OPINIONS...

i hated moribito (?) guardian of the spirit. they cancelled code geass to air that piece of crap. that anime barely held my attention. the story was dumb. water spirit? really? an egg of a water spirit inside a little boy? so lame. and i thought the art design was rather weird, too. that was bad anime...

Rolo Vi Britannia
02-16-2010, 02:13 PM
i'm scared to post anything in here because i don't want flamed for MY OPINION...

seriously grow up here. these are opinions. so what if somebody says they don't like so so anime but you like it? OPINIONS...

i hated moribito (?) guardian of the spirit. they cancelled code geass to air that piece of crap. that anime barely held my attention. the story was dumb. water spirit? really? an egg of a water spirit inside a little boy? so lame. and i thought the art design was rather weird, too. that was bad anime...
THANK YOU! I agree with 100% of this pots. What's up with the super Elfen Lied defense anyway?
And Moribito was bad. Code Geass was way better.

小美ドクロchan
02-16-2010, 10:57 PM
Nobody's flaming anybody. o.o Do you see flames? I don't see any flames. I am being being perfectly civil. I just don't think 2012's post makes any sense, that's all.

Diocletian
02-17-2010, 12:01 AM
Why? Because I have a copy of Weekly Jump right beside me and it's all full of manga and articles aimed at older teens, not men. I'm pretty sure an article on "getting a girl with big knockers" is more teen oriented. Not all seinen manga are just for men. Some demographics are aimed at different age groups. It's in the same way that not all shonen manga are for just elementary school kids. You could change the words around and call them "young adults" but we both know that's just older teens.

One way to tell if the magazine is for older teens or adults is the images of girls. If the girls are fully nude, it's for old men. If the girls are still in bikinis like they are in Weekly Jump, it's for teens.

小美ドクロchan
02-17-2010, 12:05 PM
Yes, but........can you prove it? Can you prove that a title in a seinen magazine is aimed at the younger crowd? If you can't, then this discussion is pointless.

Diocletian
02-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Other than the fact that it's IN an older teen magazine, none I suppose.

小美ドクロchan
02-18-2010, 01:43 PM
*facepalm*
It's in a SEINEN magazine and "seinen" means "adult man", not "older teen".

Weekly Young Jump was launched in 1979 as Young Jump (stylized YOUNG JUMP) and was designed to be a seinen (or more adult) alternative to their popular Weekly Shōnen Jump anthology that targets a younger male audience.

Seinen manga (青年漫画?) is a subset of manga that is generally targeted at an 18–30 year old male audience, but the audience can be older with some comics aimed at businessmen well into their 40s. It has a wide variety of art styles and more variation in subject matter, ranging from the avant-garde to the pornographic.

Rolo Vi Britannia
02-18-2010, 04:30 PM
You guys should stop. You're off topic. :(

Gero50
02-18-2010, 05:15 PM
I have seen many cases where the dub of a good anime is considered a bad anime despite it's corresponding subbed version being good and fun to watch. Though an example of an anime that is just all out bad over all regardless if it is sub or dub is Zatch Bell, Bo bo something. That one is so bad I don't even bother to type it's whole name.
So yah I have seen my share of really bad anime.

小美ドクロchan
02-18-2010, 10:04 PM
Yes, I'll stop. It's over. It's done.

.......subbed Bobobobo-whatever made me laugh. But I tend to laugh at weird things. I'd call it a love it or hate it show.

I think "bad anime" are ones that just bore you to death or make you extremely repulsed when you watch them....or ones where you look at it, stunned, and say, ".....did they get eight-year-olds to write the script and draw the characters?"
You know, the type where you can tell absolutely NO effort went into making it and none of the staff could have possibly cared.

...........and typing that just reminded me of Mamotte Lollipop. WOW, THAT ANIME IS BAD. XD Don't watch it if you value your ears, eyes, or brain cells!

Käras
02-19-2010, 11:46 AM
I was very surprized not to see the first show that popped into my mind when I saw bad Anime. I made sure to look through all these posts, and saw the name mentioned, but not saying its bad.
Gantz: Honestly, that show is what I feel is the worst kind. So much goodness to be torn down by the show itself. I honestly got so mad at how terrible it was I almost broke my monitor (no lie).
Samurai Gun: Just seems to me the creator hates women... It was pointlessly stupid.
I'm not gonna list what shows I hate, cause that would be dumb. I just pointed out some Bad anime. Regardless of how much a show irritates me, I don't give up on watching it. I watch everything through to the end before I can give a comment. Those two, just were just terrible. Gantz is the only anime I reccomend not to watch. I had a friend watch as a joke, and he had a similar reaction. Lets just say I got a very angry call in the middle of the night. lol.

Hypatia
02-19-2010, 12:50 PM
The worst anime that i have ever watched

1. Elfen lied
2. Burst Angel
3. Kiddy Grade
4. Black lagoon
5. Paranoia Agent
6. najica
7. Paradise kiss
8. Earth girl ajuna

ArtieBoy
02-19-2010, 01:54 PM
Yes, but........can you prove it? Can you prove that a title in a seinen magazine is aimed at the younger crowd? If you can't, then this discussion is pointless.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seinen_manga

pezit
02-24-2010, 06:58 PM
This topic will get my first post ever since i'm a negative kinda guy. I haven't seen many animes yet but so far:

Gantz: I enjoy weird, but this had nothing but weird which doesn't work. The characters had no depth at all either.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann(spelling?): Didn't give this much of a chance but after 5 episodes i didn't feel like it deserved it either. I'd recommend it to someone below 12 years wanting to watch an anime.

Rorouni kenshin series: I saw loads of recommendations on forums etc. on Rorouni and when i watched the series i was disgusted by it. My hate for it increased after watching the OVA's(movies) cause they are actually awesomely good and the series almost fooled me into believing it was the same crap.

Regarding One Piece i guess it's understandable if you don't like it. I love it myself but that's almost solely cause i'm in love with Luffy, he has amazing charisma and he makes me laugh almost every episode. Guess i'm gay for Luffy :laugh:

TheThunderBringer
02-24-2010, 08:03 PM
I strongly advise you watch past episode 5 of TTGG, it's a fantastic show.

小美ドクロchan
02-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann(spelling?): Didn't give this much of a chance but after 5 episodes i didn't feel like it deserved it either. I'd recommend it to someone below 12 years wanting to watch an anime.

Rorouni kenshin series: I saw loads of recommendations on forums etc. on Rorouni and when i watched the series i was disgusted by it. My hate for it increased after watching the OVA's(movies) cause they are actually awesomely good and the series almost fooled me into believing it was the same crap.

Uh.......I don't think TTGL is appropriate for ANYONE under twelve, are you kidding!?

And what about Rurouni Kenshin TV disgusted you? o_O There's nothing "disgusting" about that show. If you said "cliche" or "boring", that'd make more sense. (though I think differently) But not "disgusting".

Raiden17
02-25-2010, 07:01 AM
Elfen Lied is getting so much hate here.
It did have plot: it was an exploration of what happens when the human race is no longer the dominant species. I thought it was a really interesting lesson in how basic survival of the fittest can still apply to even the most self-confident of species.
The whole plot thing was forwarded by all the scientist characters. And the romance element was great too, if slightly unbelievable and also at times more funny than endearing.
I'm not saying it doesn't have it's faults (there was unnecessary panzu type stuff and more explicit too) but most of the time the violence and nudity was totally warranted.
And when it wasn't it was funny. It's nice to have a decent amount of humour in something so generally serious.

The manga went further with the explicit stuff and also the scientific plotline and I thought that the manga was, if anything, even better.

I guess when it comes down to it it's a bit like Tarantino films, some people just don't like them, but I love Tarantino films and I thought Elfen Lied was brilliant.

Light Buster
02-25-2010, 09:41 AM
Well, that's true about Elfen Lied. Don't like anime that people say it's good while its not. Don't know why, it just seems that way. Take Hetalia for example. My friend in Anime Club finds it funny. I don't. What I need is more anime w/ action, blood, guns, gore, all of that good stuff.

小美ドクロchan
02-25-2010, 04:24 PM
One needs a very.....unique sense of humor to find Hetalia funny, I think. XD
*finds it funny*
My friend doesn't like it....because she doesn't like nonsense-type anime much.

Kagome
02-26-2010, 12:41 AM
Probably been said a hundred and a half times, but I think Naruto is pretty bad in a way. And not just 'cause of the dubs either.

It's supposed to be about Ninja...but-it'd make more sense if it were about I dunno, shapeshifters, or magicians. No ninja in history has ever been brightly colored, loud, with large, loud, brightly colored Jitsu. To me-the Naruto series is chalk full of failure Ninja. Though I'm sure the story is rivetting...In some way.

Doom85
02-26-2010, 02:35 AM
It's supposed to be about Ninja...but-it'd make more sense if it were about I dunno, shapeshifters, or magicians. No ninja in history has ever been brightly colored, loud, with large, loud, brightly colored Jitsu. To me-the Naruto series is chalk full of failure Ninja. Though I'm sure the story is rivetting...In some way.

Well, that Naruto is inaccurate to real-life history is a given, since it was never intended to be accurate. On that same note, there never was a pirate crew that looked/behaved like the Strawhats, and 1930's Europe wasn't populated by powerful alchemists. I don't see what's wrong with giving shinobi magical powers, after all DBZ gave fighters god-level powers and no one complained about it.

Käras
02-26-2010, 07:22 AM
Well, that Naruto is inaccurate to real-life history is a given, since it was never intended to be accurate. On that same note, there never was a pirate crew that looked/behaved like the Strawhats, and 1930's Europe wasn't populated by powerful alchemists. I don't see what's wrong with giving shinobi magical powers, after all DBZ gave fighters god-level powers and no one complained about it.

LOL noone ever did complain about that, just about everything else was though. Which makes no sense. Also I think the point Higurashi Kagome was trying to make was, well Look at the rest of the shows, Naruto isnt really being based too much on being a ninja. Ninja's are technically assassains that are supposed to be in the shadows and what not. Nartuo seems to be the only Ninja show ive found that uses techniques that are just like magic in a sense. They have energy in which they can use thier "magic" when they run out, they are helpless. Sounds like how dbz was with thier power. Before I go on, again, point is its not like watching a ninja show, just a bunch of kids fighting mostly adults, and everyone has some rediculous powers. That being said, I do watch Naruto, and don't mind it that much.

かごめ
02-26-2010, 11:57 AM
With my contrabution to this thread I have one question to ask about it:

Where was DBZ's actual plot? o_o Seemed to me to be 98% fight, fight, fight, fight, fight...and 2% story.

I like my action, in fact action is one of my fav genres, but seriously-DBZ was scary, IMO anyway.

Käras
02-26-2010, 12:04 PM
With my contrabution to this thread I have one question to ask about it:

Where was DBZ's actual plot? o_o Seemed to me to be 98% fight, fight, fight, fight, fight...and 2% story.

I like my action, in fact action is one of my fav genres, but seriously-DBZ was scary, IMO anyway.
You sure you watched DBZ? It was mostly Talk,talk,talk, then they would fight a bit, and talk some more. Also the original DBZ was created and blimpied because its manga wasn't finished, or so I read. They are releasing Dragon Ball kai, which is a remake of DBZ. Im gonna wait till its all out before checking it out, and Ill give my opinion then.

Rolo Vi Britannia
02-26-2010, 03:35 PM
You sure you watched DBZ? It was mostly Talk,talk,talk, then they would fight a bit, and talk some more.
I never saw that. O.o
I saw fight. fight, fight, fight ect...

Oh well. I haven't seen that show in five years.

Another bad anime is .Hack..ROOTS because .Hack had always been good for the characters and plot. Haseo was an emo brat for no reason(He bothered me less on GU, even if he was a jerk through the first half) There was nothing at all true to the first .Hacks. No comas, no Aura, no bracelet, no anything. In fact, Morgana wasn't even the bad guy, it was some ugly guy who was a leader of some guild. I can admit, I didn't finish this show, but I got turned off when I learned the plot was the same as Sign, but with no cool characters.

and .Hack// Legend of the Twilight because they didn't stay true to the manga at all. Not to mention the terrible ending.

Käras
02-26-2010, 04:19 PM
I never saw that. O.o
I saw fight. fight, fight, fight ect...

Oh well. I haven't seen that show in five years.

Another bad anime is .Hack..ROOTS because .Hack had always been good for the characters and plot. Haseo was an emo brat for no reason(He bothered me less on GU, even if he was a jerk through the first half) There was nothing at all true to the first .Hacks. No comas, no Aura, no bracelet, no anything. In fact, Morgana wasn't even the bad guy, it was some ugly guy who was a leader of some guild. I can admit, I didn't finish this show, but I got turned off when I learned the plot was the same as Sign, but with no clue characters.

and .Hack// Legend of the Twilight because they didn't stay true to the manga at all. Not to mention the terrible ending.

As for .hack with Hasao, it was the World, but a differant version then the previous. I have .hack GU Trilogy which is a 4 gb movie that shows quite a bit, and has a bit more info. In a way think of that "world" as a reborn world. Its completly new. And there was a reference to Aura on it.\

Also, for DBZ, think of it this way, there were over 300 episodes, and most the time was either talking, training, bsing, and dumb argueing. The rest would be fighing, which was really the best part of the show. So thats why you remember it!

daryy
02-26-2010, 05:47 PM
I make sure I have yet to see Overman King Gainer, but it looks sort of interesting. As for Soul Eater, amazing animation but I stopped at around episode 5 or so.

Robin Sena
02-27-2010, 04:09 PM
Here's my list:
Robotech
s-CRY-ed
FMA
Trigun
Eureka 7
Pokemon
The Big O

Rolo Vi Britannia
02-28-2010, 12:06 AM
As for .hack with Hasao, it was the World, but a differant version then the previous. I have .hack GU Trilogy which is a 4 gb movie that shows quite a bit, and has a bit more info. In a way think of that "world" as a reborn world. Its completly new. And there was a reference to Aura on it.\

I know. It just made me mad(As for someone who had seen/played/read all the other .Hack titles. It was a terrible sequel. I played the GU game(What trilogy was VERY loosely based on) and understood that and Aura is in the game slightly. I hated ROOTS but GU was okay(Again a terrible .Hack game/anime) but good besides that. I just felt Roots was trying too hard to be Sign, just lacking all the things that made Sign good.

The Rebel
03-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Rozen Maiden
Burst Angel
EX Driver
Nanaka 6/9
Suzuka
Gunslinger Girl
School Rumble
Dragon Ball
One Piece
My Hime
Black LagoonWHA!!!!!! I loved 2,5,6, and 11. My dreams of the perfect girl, DASHED! WAH!
Myself, I'd say I've enjoyed just about anime I've seen,,, EXCEPT Galaxy Angel. That one I hated. Oh, and One Piece after they changed voice actors for the english dub.

Rolo Vi Britannia
03-05-2010, 06:25 AM
Here's my list:
FMA

I'm sad now....

Raiden17
03-05-2010, 06:30 AM
WHA!!!!!! I loved 2,5,6, and 11. My dreams of the perfect girl, DASHED! WAH!
Myself, I'd say I've enjoyed just about anime I've seen,,, EXCEPT Galaxy Angel. That one I hated. Oh, and One Piece after they changed voice actors for the english dub.

Seconded.
Gunslinger Girl is awesome
Seriously freakin awesome
I always check to see if the next volume of the manga's been fansubbed yet
It never ever will be.....*sobs*

Kagome
03-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Here's my list:
FMA
Trigun
Pokemon

I'm very sad now too! Especially with Trigun. That anime was fantastic.

What about these was Bad Robin-chan? ;_;

TheThunderBringer
03-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Here's my list:
FMA
Trigun
Pokemon

I, too, am saddened by this poorly-thought-out list.

小美ドクロchan
03-05-2010, 06:45 PM
That is a poorly thought-out list indeed. :(

cherrypopwizkid
03-10-2010, 03:53 AM

-One Piece
-Dragon Ball Z
-Inuyasha
-Yu-Gi-Oh
-Bakugan
-Hamtaro
-Gundam whatever.

awwww! I was with you all the way up till you piled every gundam series ever into your hate pile and epically failed to include Trigun.

Trigun is the devil. It made me want to vomit all over myself and then eat it. :banghead:

kimi no kioku
03-10-2010, 06:53 AM
awwww! I was with you all the way up till you piled every gundam series ever into your hate pile and epically failed to include Trigun.
:banghead:
Yeah, what's with people lumping them all together like that?

-GAZKUL-
03-10-2010, 11:47 AM
im unnerved how many people are not liking FMA, :eek:

EDIT: just looked and there are only like 2 people that dont like FMA- sorry

cherrypopwizkid
03-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Yeah, what's with people lumping them all together like that?

XD

I'm noticing a pattern here. You've qouted and directly agreed with me in at least three threads so far. We must have the same taste. Are we anime twins?

But yeah, Gundam series vary so much from one to another. There aren't even that many stylistic similarities between them.

And why isn't anyone flaming me for my comment about Trigun??? I had the perfect come back just waiting... =(

I'll try something else then, subbed anime. Yeah thats right. Dubs are the only anime worth while. No one can bring out the artist true original intention like english voice actors.

lady_jesika
03-10-2010, 05:05 PM
honestly i hated naruto the first time i saw it. sorry people its just a bad show. yeah i get it, hes a misunderstood kid who aspires to be a ninja and ooh big surprise here he turns out to good at it. wow, real imaginative plot -.-

i also dont really like bleach, it was a cool show at first but its kinda played out now

小美ドクロchan
03-11-2010, 01:36 PM
I'll try something else then, subbed anime. Yeah thats right. Dubs are the only anime worth while. No one can bring out the artist true original intention like english voice actors.

Well I did find your Trigun comment particularly disgusting and certainly don't think any anime could be bad enough have that effect on a person and found it uncalled for mainly because it was so gross. But sure, tell us why you hate Trigun. o.o

And.....are you kidding me? I don't think you'd be saying that if you grew up in the early 90s because dubs were prrrrretty awful back then.:rolleyes: Nowadays it's still a mixed bag. Especially if the english voice actors DON'T know how to act.

Viz shoujo anime dubs=DO NOT WANT.

TheThunderBringer
03-11-2010, 03:06 PM

I have been staring at this post for around 30 whole seconds thinking of how to tell you how terribly wrong you are in soooo many ways, and I'm actually just going to ignore it...somewhat.

cherrypopwizkid
03-12-2010, 01:07 AM
I have been staring at this post for around 30 whole seconds thinking of how to tell you how terribly wrong you are in soooo many ways, and I'm actually just going to ignore it...somewhat.

lol, well I hope you realized from context it was just an innocent goad. I'm just teasing with you, trying to push buttons a little. I don't mind dubs, but the idea that they would interpret a Japanese film better than the Japanese could is clearly a jest. XD

@Chan Oh come on!! We watch ANIME! On a daily basis we see at least 10 people split in half or eating human flesh or something...(clearly I've been watching a lot of claymore.) And I did grow up in the 90's 0.0

As for why I hate Trigun. Idk, just it was like they took a lot of good ideas and intentionally did them poorly. I felt no connection to any of the characters, the story i couldn't find worth following, and the jokes made me feel like I was losing brain cells. The only other anime I've disliked this much was gantz. *ducks in preparation for tomatoes*.

With every argument I make though I try to be fair and balanced. So I will say I didn't finnish the series. I just couldn't.

But ya know, even though its just a show at the end of the day, I still love to see people have a lot of passion for something. So I'm happy when I see people passionately defending a show, even if its one I hate. It really shows a commitment to the art form.

小美ドクロchan
03-12-2010, 11:03 AM
@Chan Oh come on!! We watch ANIME! On a daily basis we see at least 10 people split in half or eating human flesh or something...

Lol I know yet I still find that less disgusting than...vomit. I'm one of those people...just can't stand to see it or talk about it. I've gotten a lot less squeamish with blood and gore but that particular phobia hasn't changed.

The only other anime I've disliked this much was gantz. *ducks in preparation for tomatoes*.

Ha I hated Gantz:laugh: It was so weird......I didn't like anything about it. My friend insisted on us watching the first two episodes and I was like "Why do you enjoy this?":wacko: From what I've read, a lot of people dislike it and prefer the manga.

cherrypopwizkid
03-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Lol I know yet I still find that less disgusting than...vomit. I'm one of those people...just can't stand to see it or talk about it. I've gotten a lot less squeamish with blood and gore but that particular phobia hasn't changed.

Ha I hated Gantz:laugh: It was so weird......I didn't like anything about it. My friend insisted on us watching the first two episodes and I was like "Why do you enjoy this?":wacko: From what I've read, a lot of people dislike it and prefer the manga.

Well than it was an effective visual for demonstrating my disgust at Trigun, it wasn't meant to be pretty. XD

Yeah I bought the first two volumes of Gantz because I saw the box set and it looked cool. I like to take gambles like that occassionally. But wow. I think it was around ""Green onions are enough for me!"" That I realized I had wasted my life. I still keep those two volumes around to remind myself how not to write a screenplay. But the worst part by far was that when I showed it to a friend so he could see how stupid it was he ended up getting really into it. :banghead:

BTW, I love your signature, every time I see it it makes me laugh. I usually end up starring at it for about a solid two minutes before responding.

One thing I want to ask of the whole thread: It's childish, but is anyone else turned off if an anime is TOO popular? If you hear it talked about all the time...Paticularlly if its by bandwagon-jumping type people, do you find yourself purposely avoiding it? Or on the other side of the same coin, do you get aggravated if you like something and then it becomes popular and now your just a face in the crowd? I've been guilty of this in the past, and I've missed out on some good stuff as a result...I'm sure I've avoided some bad stuff too...

Rams
03-12-2010, 11:34 AM
It's difficult for me to remember them all but I'll give it a shot~ :x

G Gundam
Pokemon
Digimon Adventure 02
Bleach
Naruto
Dragonball Z
Gundam Wing
Code Geass
InuYasha
Air Gear
Excel Saga

There's a lot I can't remember though. :/

Rolo Vi Britannia
03-12-2010, 12:05 PM

G Gundam
Pokemon
Digimon Adventure 02
Bleach
Naruto
Dragonball Z
Gundam Wing
Code Geass
InuYasha
Air Gear
Excel Saga

What was wrong with Code Geass? The others I can understand, but Code Geass and Gundam Wing are pretty good IMO.

cherrypopwizkid
03-12-2010, 01:27 PM

G Gundam
Pokemon
Digimon Adventure 02
Bleach
Naruto
Dragonball Z
Gundam Wing
Code Geass
InuYasha
Air Gear
Excel Saga

Its always interesting to see anime you thought were pretty much universally excepted classics end up in someones Death Note. XD

I'd be curious to see some of these guys negaworld version list of anime they love, and see if theres a pattern. A paticular genre that consistently counters another one (do people that like magical girl tend to hate mecha?) Or a certain artist/director/screen writer.

小美ドクロchan
03-12-2010, 02:29 PM
BTW, I love your signature, every time I see it it makes me laugh. I usually end up starring at it for about a solid two minutes before responding.

Lol thanks, glad you like it.

One thing I want to ask of the whole thread: It's childish, but is anyone else turned off if an anime is TOO popular? If you hear it talked about all the time...Paticularlly if its by bandwagon-jumping type people, do you find yourself purposely avoiding it? Or on the other side of the same coin, do you get aggravated if you like something and then it becomes popular and now your just a face in the crowd? I've been guilty of this in the past, and I've missed out on some good stuff as a result...I'm sure I've avoided some bad stuff too...

No, I just like what I like and dislike what I dislike-not because of other people. I think you really miss out that way. A series should not be avoided because of its fans, no way. What does annoy me is when a series gets so outrageously popular when it's really not that great. *coughNarutocough*
If I see ONE more anime forum with a stupid Naruto layout.....*twitches* And don't get me started on the cosplayers....

Rolo Vi Britannia
03-12-2010, 03:53 PM
No, I just like what I like and dislike what I dislike-not because of other people. I think you really miss out that way. A series should not be avoided because of its fans, no way. What does annoy me is when a series gets so outrageously popular when it's really not that great. *coughNarutocough*
If I see ONE more anime forum with a stupid Naruto layout.....*twitches* And don't get me started on the cosplayers....
[/COLOR]

I agree. I can totally relate to you there.

TheThunderBringer
03-12-2010, 09:44 PM
lol, well I hope you realized from context it was just an innocent goad. I'm just teasing with you, trying to push buttons a little. I don't mind dubs, but the idea that they would interpret a Japanese film better than the Japanese could is clearly a jest. XD

Oh wow lol, definitely my fault, I guess I did some speed reading and misenterpreted what you said. I can't stand 90% of the dubs I see, the only ones I really don't mind watching every episode dubbed are the ones I grew up with on TV already in english.

The only thing I didn't like about Trigun was that Vash never killed or even really injured anybody lol, still, I liked that show.

Condey
03-12-2010, 09:58 PM
-I've never been a fan of the big three.
-FMA
-Inuyasha
-Boys Be
-Death Note
-Excel Saga
-Happy Lesson
-Tokyo Mew Mew

To whoever said Violence Jack, that show has a camp value that allows it to supersede any 'comedy' anime. It's like watching a Schwazeneger movie just for his cheesy lines.

Off topic: Has anyone watched all of Maison Ikkoku? I watched a small bit of it and got bored but I've heard good things and would like a second opinon if possible. ^.^

Kagome
03-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Off topic: Has anyone watched all of Maison Ikkoku? I watched a small bit of it and got bored but I've heard good things and would like a second opinon if possible. ^.^

I've read and own the entire manga...I can tell you that that's pretty funny and amusing, and worth the read. It's only 15 volumes long.

Never watched the Maison Ikkoku anime though. Not sure I want to either.

Condey
03-12-2010, 10:26 PM
I've read and own the entire manga...I can tell you that that's pretty funny and amusing, and worth the read. It's only 15 volumes long.

Never watched the Maison Ikkoku anime though. Not sure I want to either.

Thanks, I think I'll give the anime a try then (it can't be that different, right? :P )

Kagome
03-12-2010, 10:32 PM
lol. Sure it can! Anime differs from it's manga almost *all* the time. There are *very* few anime out there that follows along it's manga's line-out right.

Though I can't really say too much for 80's anime. Which is what Maison Ikkoku is...lol. Maybe it's not much different. ::shrugs:: I'd have to break down and watch it myself to see. : p

Condey
03-12-2010, 10:52 PM
lol. Sure it can! Anime differs from it's manga almost *all* the time. There are *very* few anime out there that follows along it's manga's line-out right.

Though I can't really say too much for 80's anime. Which is what Maison Ikkoku is...lol. Maybe it's not much different. ::shrugs:: I'd have to break down and watch it myself to see. : p

Well then I guess you have a project then. I expect a full report of its quality as well as the differences between the manga and anime on my desk by the morning! Chop chop! :P

Doom85
03-13-2010, 08:09 PM
The only thing I didn't like about Trigun was that Vash never killed or even really injured anybody lol, still, I liked that show.

You must have not watched the whole series then. Vash is forced to kill Legato when Legato has his minions about to kill Meryl and Milly (and he suffers an emotional breakdown from it, so I think we can forgive someone as kind as him for not wanting to kill), and he permanently disables Knives from using his mass-destruction arms in the final fight.

The Butcher
03-13-2010, 08:30 PM
Same,but overall the show was barely decent.

TheThunderBringer
03-13-2010, 08:49 PM
overall the show was barely decent

How so? Just curious.

小美ドクロchan
03-13-2010, 09:25 PM
I call Trigun a decent show. :/ It certainly wasn't badly made.

The Butcher
03-13-2010, 09:40 PM
How so? Just curious.
The action was alright,characters were almost complete crap(Except Wolfwood),and the main protagonist is scared of killing,but not afraid of fighting(Thank god).

Rams
03-14-2010, 05:43 PM
What was wrong with Code Geass? The others I can understand, but Code Geass and Gundam Wing are pretty good IMO.
Can't recall what I disliked about Code Geass. I remember liking it at the start but quickly disliking it by the time I finished the first season.
As for Gundam Wing, I have literally made an effort to like it. I didn't like it when it aired on Cartoon Network while I was in high school, so I decided to give it a shot now that I'm older, but the pacing is just too slow. The action is good, the characters are interesting, and the story is well-developed, but it seems like there could be more going on with how slowly it develops.

Rolo Vi Britannia
03-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Can't recall what I disliked about Code Geass. I remember liking it at the start but quickly disliking it by the time I finished the first season.
I didn't like the end part either. Lelouch goes completely crazy. I liked R2 alot better than R1, you know, when Lelouch could actually be called human.

As for Gundam Wing, I have literally made an effort to like it. I didn't like it when it aired on Cartoon Network while I was in high school, so I decided to give it a shot now that I'm older, but the pacing is just too slow. The action is good, the characters are interesting, and the story is well-developed, but it seems like there could be more going on with how slowly it develops.
I understand.

knives1019
03-14-2010, 11:07 PM
I hate all of the Gundam series.

kimi no kioku
03-15-2010, 04:59 PM
Every one of them? Heh, I doubt you've seen all of them.

Rams
03-15-2010, 08:16 PM
It's possible to have seen all of the Gundam series, but if you know where to find the very first series, I'd love to have you connections. xD
I've been hunting for it all over the place but the series was never subbed, only dubbed. I'm not hardcore against dubbing, but I do hate bad dubbing.

If you hate most Gundam series, but haven't seen them all, I recomment The 08th MS Team. Easily my favorite of everything I've seen, and not terribly long or complicated.

TheThunderBringer
03-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Vash is forced to kill Legato when Legato has his minions about to kill Meryl and Milly (and he suffers an emotional breakdown from it, so I think we can forgive someone as kind as him for not wanting to kill), and he permanently disables Knives from using his mass-destruction arms in the final fight.

Lol, that's one death in the whole 26 episodes, just saying, I didn't like that whole pacifistic thing.

Kagome
03-15-2010, 08:48 PM

Do you even know how many series' to the Gundam Saga there are? o.o And as has been asked before-Have you seen them all?

You can't judge anything if you haven't seen it you know. And most of the Gundam series' have seperate storylines that aren't really linked to one another. There are some that are linked, of course, but that's neither here nor there.

And if you hate them just because you don't like the idea of mecha-(which I'm not saying you are-just a lot of people claim that for a reason of not hating Gundam) why so closed minded? It's not all about the mech...I LOVED Gundam Wing-but I loved it for the characters and the story, not the mecha involved. x3

Condey
03-15-2010, 09:20 PM

Never could get into mecha either. Its the one genre of anime that I just find off-putting. And this is coming from a guy who watched Sailor Moon religiously as a kid. hehe

Raiden17
03-17-2010, 11:39 AM
I'm happy that we've addressed that some people dislike Code Geass, but someone doesn't like Death Note.

How is nobody else bothered by this?!
Nah, it's cool, everyone's entitled to their taste. But I don't think anyone could call it bad (and in fairness I don't think anyone was calling it bad, just expressing personal feeling)

kimi no kioku
03-17-2010, 12:18 PM
I'm happy that we've addressed that some people dislike Code Geass, but someone doesn't like Death Note.

Bad, no. Death Note was good. I can understand though, if you dislike it, it's painfully overrated.
I do love it though.

Condey
03-17-2010, 01:51 PM

Nah, it's cool, everyone's entitled to their taste. But I don't think anyone could call it bad (and in fairness I don't think anyone was calling it bad, just expressing personal feeling)

I found light's decent into his little god complex to be kind of rushed. Kind of ruined the series for me.

The Butcher
03-17-2010, 07:35 PM
Bad, no. Death Note was good. I can understand though, if you dislike it, it's painfully overrated.
I do love it though.
Personally,Death Note was barely decent.I liked it for Light mostly.

Well,I guess I'm used to normal detectives catching normal killers.

knives1019
03-18-2010, 02:26 AM
Do you even know how many series' to the Gundam Saga there are? o.o And as has been asked before-Have you seen them all?

You can't judge anything if you haven't seen it you know. And most of the Gundam series' have seperate storylines that aren't really linked to one another. There are some that are linked, of course, but that's neither here nor there.

And if you hate them just because you don't like the idea of mecha-(which I'm not saying you are-just a lot of people claim that for a reason of not hating Gundam) why so closed minded? It's not all about the mech...I LOVED Gundam Wing-but I loved it for the characters and the story, not the mecha involved. x3

I admit that I have not given all of the gundum series a far shake, but I would rathe not waste my time with them and watch better animes like Neon Genesis Evangelion, Pilot Canidate, or even Big O. Sorry Gundum is not my cup of tea just like there are animes that other people like but you dont and you didt give it a chance either(everyone does it).

Rolo Vi Britannia
03-18-2010, 12:35 PM
That's the same reason I loved Gundam 00.

Hypatia
03-18-2010, 02:11 PM

G Gundam
Pokemon
Digimon Adventure 02
Bleach
Naruto
Dragonball Z
Gundam Wing
Code Geass
InuYasha
Air Gear
Excel Saga

You have hurt me so bad. I love Pokemon and DBZ and blech.
I dislike Digimon Advenyure 02 it was really bloring!

The Butcher
03-18-2010, 07:32 PM
I loved Gundam 00 for action,the plot was a bonus.

I've been meaning to re-watch Wing soon,after I get done re-watching Code Geass.

Rolo Vi Britannia
03-18-2010, 07:42 PM
I've been meaning to re-watch Wing soon,after I get done re-watching Code Geass.
I'm actually watching Wing for the first time now.

Raiden17
03-19-2010, 08:33 AM
Personally,Death Note was barely decent.I liked it for Light mostly.

Well,I guess I'm used to normal detectives catching normal killers.

It was better than barely decent in my opinion. Even the bits I was less interested in (Mello) were still pretty wicked cool.
But Light is a good enough reason to like any show, even DBZ. Woops! I let that one out.
Yea I don't think DBZ is bad, it's just not my thing at all.

I found light's decent into his little god complex to be kind of rushed. Kind of ruined the series for me.

Fair enough, I'm pretty forgiving of my favourite animes when they do stuff like that. I feel that Death Note earned the right to be a little bit slapdash towards the end.

I do love it though.

It's like how all my friends want me to shut up about Code Geass. If it's not your thing then it must get majorly boring to hear about it all the time. (Though I still don't understand how Code Geass can "not be someone's thing")

imaCHAN
03-27-2010, 05:43 PM
I really didn't like Shuffle!
I watched the first 9 episodes I think but I got quite bored, skipped to the last episode to see which girl he picked and I didn't like that.
When I'm looking for a new anime, I watch the first episode of quite a few but don't watch them:- Ef-A Tale Of Memories, Elfen Lied, Angel Sanctuary and a few more but I can't remember.

kimi no kioku
03-28-2010, 11:13 AM
I really hate Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. I mean, alot of people like it, but I don't see anything good about it at all. I could go on and on. But I've seen six episodes and don't like it.

sataned
03-28-2010, 11:49 AM
bad anime? ahahahahahahahaha just watch anything that came out last year... but yeah 2010 isnt doing any better with anime. Stupid anime creators only making anime for girls and otaku and emo kids! wheres the anime series for us who watch anime only when its GOOD!

小美ドクロchan
03-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Stupid anime creators only making anime for girls

Excuse me, but that was about due. Guys have ALWAYS gotten more anime aimed at them since the very beginning. Why should we girls be ignored? You've had your fun. Give us a turn!:p

Diocletian
03-28-2010, 01:58 PM
Uh...no. Women are actually a huge target in anime at this point, even more so than men since about 198_ (or the introduction of Trunks in Dragon Ball Z. Trunks was highest on the character polls for the longest time due to female fans). Ever since Weekly Shonen Jump started adding in pretty boys and such for girls to get into it, there have not been any straight up manga or anime for boys. Every show has to have a bishonen before it even has a loli anymore.

Women have been getting paid too much attention for about 20 years, give us our chance again and get your pretty boys out of our anime.

narunaru
03-28-2010, 03:32 PM
I could name tons, but one stands out in my mind right now: to-LOVE-ru. It's blatant fanservice the whole way through, showing enough skin to even push towards explicit, even instances of lolicon (underage girls). The storylines are shallow as I've ever seen, and the entire story doesn't even come to a real conclusion, giving the impression that they either ran out of funding or stopped caring (I know I would.)

Apachai Hopachai
03-28-2010, 04:55 PM
I didn't like bleach much, because it was like grinding in an online game for hours on end =P

Token Black Guy
03-28-2010, 05:46 PM
1. Gundam SD (It was the worst gundam series ever)
2. Eiken (Perverted)
3. Inuyasha (Take it off Adult Swim already!!! Put something better on.)
4. Ninja Nonsense (No real point to it. And if i remember right the main character had lesbian fantasies.)
5. D.N. Angel (It just bored me.)
6. Azumanga Daoih (?)
7. Fruits Basket
8. Duel Masters (It was stupid.)
9. Any .hack// show (I just couldn't understand it.)
10. Shuffle (It just got irritating after a while.)

Token Black Guy
03-28-2010, 05:50 PM

G Gundam
Pokemon
Digimon Adventure 02
Bleach
Naruto
Dragonball Z
Gundam Wing
Code Geass
InuYasha
Air Gear
Excel Saga

What's so bad about Bleach, DBZ, and Naruto. Actually i like Air Gear both the manga and anime.

GameGeeks
03-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Excuse me, but that was about due. Guys have ALWAYS gotten more anime aimed at them since the very beginning. Why should we girls be ignored? You've had your fun. Give us a turn!:p
That's because men make 90% of anime. Plus most of the anime that is directed at girls is generally slice of life anime. It just seems like nonsense to me. There's nothing wrong with that, after all I do watch shows like the Simpsons and That 70's show, I just prefer stories when it comes to animes.

@Shingo: Bleach and DBZ are bad since they just follow the formula main character gets beaten, main character trains, main character wins and rinse and repeat. The stories in them are sub-par for the course. As for Naruto, I just find it incredibly stupid and wont watch it...EVER. InuYasha isn't bad in my opinion, may not be the best anime but the characters are likable and animation is decent.

小美ドクロchan
03-28-2010, 10:40 PM
Uh...no. Women are actually a huge target in anime at this point, even more so than men since about 198_ (or the introduction of Trunks in Dragon Ball Z. Trunks was highest on the character polls for the longest time due to female fans).

HA. You make me laugh, sir. Sure you can stick a bishounen anywhere in an anime to get a wider audience but that doesn't change the fact that shounen anime postively DRIP with testosterone. DBZ as your example is laughable, really. Fighting, screaming, building up huge muscles, screaming some more and then beating the crap out of characters in a fist fight while screaming.... I've never seen a show dripping with as much testosterone and masculinity as that! What I'm talking about is that seinen series for men and shounen series for boys seriously outnumbers the amount of shoujo series for girls.......by quite a staggering amount. Every new anime season in Japan, we are lucky to get so much as THREE out of THIRTY series aimed just at us! So I don't wanna hear it!:rolleyes:

Ever since Weekly Shonen Jump started adding in pretty boys and such for girls to get into it, there have not been any straight up manga or anime for boys.

Mm, researched every single manga and anime under the sun, have you? Please, don't insult my intelligence. I know for a FACT that isn't true!

give us our chance again and get your pretty boys out of our anime.

Frack no, the pretty boys are too hot.:p If you're gonna play that game, get your yuri and your gigantic-busted women out of OUR shoujo series!

Plus most of the anime that is directed at girls is generally slice of life anime. It just seems like nonsense to me. There's nothing wrong with that, after all I do watch shows like the Simpsons and That 70's show, I just prefer stories when it comes to animes.

Shoujo series...mostly slice of life? o_o No way! There are PLENTY of exciting shoujo series out there! There is action shoujo and there is fantasy as well!

Rolo Vi Britannia
03-28-2010, 10:41 PM
@Rams
lol. If not for .Hack, I'd never have watched anime.

@Kimi No Kioku
I agree about FMAB.

Diocletian
03-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Frack no, the pretty boys are too hot. If you're gonna play that game, get your yuri and your gigantic-busted women out of OUR shoujo series!

Please tell me about this series you speak of.

Mm, researched every single manga and anime under the sun, have you? Please, don't insult my intelligence. I know for a FACT that isn't true!

You're insulting it yourself. Manga and anime like Hokuto no Ken have not been around since the 80's. There aren't any more straight up boys only manga around anymore in big name magazines like Weekly Shonen Jump.

Could you change the color of your text? It looks like absolute crap on my layout. Not to mention your logic is ridiculous.

Käras
03-29-2010, 04:45 PM
This thread is still a joke I see... I don't care for argueing, or useally picking sides, but "your father" atleast seems to care about getting factual information, instead of insinuating without basis.

小美ドクロchan
03-29-2010, 07:40 PM
Please tell me about this series you speak of.

Sailormoon has both of these. Card Captor Sakura has yuri, Petite Princess Yucie has yuri, Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch...the entire female cast have GIGANTIC breasts, The How To Make A Prince manga is the sleaziest thing I've ever read that was intended for girls that I question what on earth the manga-ka was thinking, Love Monster is full of attempted rape and nudity (FEMALE nudity) and that's only the tip of the iceberg.

There aren't any more straight up boys only manga around anymore in big name magazines like Weekly Shonen Jump.

Define "straight up boys only manga". Oh and NOW you're changing your previous statement. Before you said there were none and now you've changed it to "big name magazines". Who even cares that much about big name magazines? A lot of those series are fail anyway. Especially Naruto. Also, can you name any other magazine BESIDES Shounen Jump? Do you subscribe to any magazines that haven't even been translated yet? And...oh yeah, how about BLEACH? All those guys look manly to me. In fact, there isn't any male character on that show/manga who I would call "beautiful". Why don't you try Strawberry Panic? There are NO male characters in that series at all! HA, see, I just proved you wrong! No boys=No pretty boys.

Could you change the color of your text? It looks like absolute crap on my layout.
Change your layout. :p

Not to mention your logic is ridiculous.

MY logic is ridiculous!? LOL. How is YOURS any less ridiculous!? All I did was take what you said and threw it back at your face from a shoujo fan's point of view. You are being extremely hypocritical.
All I'm pointing out is, "Okay, you say it's hard to find a boys' series that doesn't have a pretty boy to appeal to girls in it?
Guess what? It's hard to find a girls' series that doesn't have a slutty-looking woman for guys to get off to either!" Even cutesy Tooru from Fruits Basket, a VERY girly series has a very shapely figure and wears skirts shorter than sin.
Face it, in general, BOTH genres target BOTH sexes. There is no such thing as "only for" because they don't want to alienate either sex. Doing so would be bad marketing and they'd lose money, big time. In fact, I'd have to say the only genres that DO alienate the other sex is yaoi and yuri.

Raiden17
03-31-2010, 07:01 AM
I'm just gonna say this.
Why would you want a manga or anime that was purely for one gender?
One of the greatest things about a lot of anime is that I can have completely different, but equally as fun conversations about the same manga with guys and girls.
Besides, I'd much rather look at Lelouch for 30 minutes than any macho-manly-man. The same goes the other way round as well. It's why they cast pretty people in movies. It sounds really mean and horrible, but that's the way it is, it's just a nicer experience to watch a show/anime or read a manga that has pretty people in.
That's not to say that it's the same in real life. Cos it's obviously not the same, so please don't accuse me of being shallow.

Rolo Vi Britannia
03-31-2010, 02:27 PM
I'm just gonna say this.
Why would you want a manga or anime that was purely for one gender?
One of the greatest things about a lot of anime is that I can have completely different, but equally as fun conversations about the same manga with guys and girls.
Besides, I'd much rather look at Lelouch for 30 minutes than any macho-manly-man. The same goes the other way round as well. It's why they cast pretty people in movies. It sounds really mean and horrible, but that's the way it is, it's just a nicer experience to watch a show/anime or read a manga that has pretty people in.
That's not to say that it's the same in real life. Cos it's obviously not the same, so please don't accuse me of being shallow.
That's exactly how I feel. I don't think it's shallow.

Mr. Panda
03-31-2010, 04:14 PM
In general, any anime that makes me feel sleepy and make me alt-tab = a bad anime to me. Atleast, to me. Not to others.
In my list are:
- Tenjou Tenge
- Mai Hime
- Mai Otome
- Blood +

Andy-X
03-31-2010, 07:36 PM
<.<....

elfen lied (just over rated with fear volment and saddnes,~pfgh~)
G-gundam (i bleave their are better gundam sires out there check out the very first gundam sires when it first came out.)

The Butcher
03-31-2010, 09:10 PM
I forgot to add Inuyasha,it was bad because of romance,and also the character himself.

hitsuguya
03-31-2010, 11:24 PM
destroy

hitsuguya
03-31-2010, 11:26 PM
I forgot to add Inuyasha,it was bad because of romance,and also the character himself.
inuyasha rocks stupid

Kagome
04-01-2010, 09:52 AM
::rubs head:: actually....the Inuyasha anime was pretty lame. The manga was alright, though it lasted longer then it should have.

yay April Fools-for making our text look messed up~

小美ドクロchan
04-01-2010, 10:45 PM
: yay April Fools-for making our text look messed up~

Thank God someone explained that. XD I was really thinking WTF I DON'T TYPE LIKE THAT!! lol

konkikushuro
04-04-2010, 06:04 PM
nana hands down ( secretly agrees with chan as well)

TheThunderBringer
05-29-2010, 12:49 PM
Sorry for the necro, but I think Eureka 7 deserves it. I just finished it, and after hearing so many great things about it...I hated it. They try to be all emotional and deep, but they fail SOOOO hard. It's like Neon Genesis made by 12 year olds. The fight scenes are nothing special, either. >___> Dissapoint

amaru
05-31-2010, 06:46 AM
Evagelion
Gundam SEED

you are just killing me! Gundam seed is like my model but again...it's just not your style.

for me
Hamtaro>I don't see it interesting
Fruits Basket>same

Lily Rock
05-31-2010, 06:58 AM
I watched Full Metal Alchemist once(the whole serie, even the movie, NOT brotherhood), not so good imo. :/

Darkseid
05-31-2010, 08:08 AM
Oh boy, this thread.

You have not seen a bad anime till you've watched Ikki Tousen. Trust me, it makes everything on this page look like a masterpiece.

Kalila Chan
05-31-2010, 09:05 AM
Sailor Moon. sorry I cant stand it guys
Inu Yasha, Totally lost interest in it

Bradi-Kun
05-31-2010, 05:54 PM
People may hate me for this one but whatever...

Lucky Star: The art style is what teenagers draw on there desks in high school when they're bored, the dialogue is no different either and the actual situations the characters face is just boring.

小美ドクロchan
05-31-2010, 11:35 PM
Oh boy, this thread.

You have not seen a bad anime till you've watched Ikki Tousen. Trust me, it makes everything on this page look like a masterpiece.

Hahahaha!!

Yeah......:laugh: We even started counting the panty shots for the lulz. I think first episode had 77 or something like that!!

Lady Luck
06-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Meh, anything that is pretty much been made mainstream i.e Naruto, Bleach, One-Piece,... But I think Sailor Moon is pretty bad. I admit I used to like it as a kid, but when you see it grown up it's different. All of the re-used animation and the dubs were terrible.... The plot wasn't too good either. =/

小美ドクロchan
06-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Meh, anything that is pretty much been made mainstream i.e Naruto, Bleach, One-Piece,... But I think Sailor Moon is pretty bad. I admit I used to like it as a kid, but when you see it grown up it's different. All of the re-used animation and the dubs were terrible.... The plot wasn't too good either. =/

The original version is much better. I liked the dub as a teenager because I was young and stupid. :rolleyes: I hate the dub now but I love the original Japanese version to bits.

Diocletian
06-03-2010, 05:31 PM
People may hate me for this one but whatever...

Lucky Star: The art style is what teenagers draw on there desks in high school when they're bored, the dialogue is no different either and the actual situations the characters face is just boring.

You're on to something. This guy has a point, most shows that are made nowadays have no unique art styles. It's the same type of art style people in high school use to draw their crappy "OEL manga" that might get picked up by Tokyopop for a three volume deal.

@ Darkseid: Ikki Tousen is no failure. To this day it has the most action figures of any other fanservice show. That's gotta say something. I personally enjoyed Ikki Tousen for the fact that it created brand new angles in which you could see the panties. Give that director props for those angles!

DeadlyArr0w
06-03-2010, 05:36 PM
ok straight up please teacher, horrible. just horrible.
I also couldnt watch noir to the end (by end i mean i stopped after 5 shows)

Darkseid
06-03-2010, 05:58 PM
@ Darkseid: Ikki Tousen is no failure. To this day it has the most action figures of any other fanservice show. That's gotta say something. I personally enjoyed Ikki Tousen for the fact that it created brand new angles in which you could see the panties. Give that director props for those angles!
This is the funniest thing I've ever read. Kudos, good sir.

Diocletian
06-03-2010, 06:05 PM
I reread my paragraph. I'd like to clear up that I in no way get off to animated cartoons regardless of the awesome shots that Agent Aika created. That is all.

小美ドクロchan
06-04-2010, 01:11 AM

.........oy, "popular with lots of figures" doesn't necessarily mean "quality show" though... XD

Diocletian
06-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Yeah, it's pretty low quality you can in no way deny that. It was some pretty bad fanservice as well might I add.

Gjallarhorn
06-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Slightly reversing my opinion on Gundam 00 after some recent developments.

To kill some time I decided to finally finish the first season, having gotten 15 episodes in and dropped it when it was first airing, and as it turns out, everything after episode 20 is actually fairly good. It just took 20 episodes to get there...eh. So I started watching the second season, and while there is again a considerable amount of fodder to sift through, it's decent.

Still not a fan, but not as bad as I initially though, because it does manage to improve itself.