PDA

View Full Version : Need a romantic anime

Kanasire
01-21-2010, 03:20 PM
Movie or Show makes no difference, just need something with stunning visuals and a fairly romantic/dramatic plot. Preferably something similar to the style of 5 Centimeters Per Second.

:cool:;):):D:p

daft
01-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Have you tried Makoto Shinkai's previous works (Voices Of A Distant Star, The Place Promised In Our Early Days)? If you already have, I'd recommend Noein. It may not have amazing visuals as good as 5 Centimeters Per Second, but it's still great.

InLibrisLibertas
01-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Kare Kano is a very sweet funny one.You might also want to give Pretear,Lovely Complex,and Ayashi no Ceres a look.

Kanasire
01-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Have you tried Makoto Shinkai's previous works (Voices Of A Distant Star, The Place Promised In Our Early Days)? If you already have, I'd recommend Noein. It may not have amazing visuals as good as 5 Centimeters Per Second, but it's still great.

Yes I checked them both out. They're a bit too "Sci Fi-ish" in my opinion.
Thanks for the recommendations! I'll check em out!

Gjallarhorn
01-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Toradora is probably the only really good romance series from recent years.

ParaParaJMo
01-24-2010, 03:46 PM
marmalade boy? boku wa imouto ni koi wo suru?

TwiistedRealiity
02-04-2010, 06:55 PM
I was waiting for someone to ask about romance anime. XD!
The BEST romance anime that i've ever seen was Bokura Ga Ita. Hands down. I've never seen a better romance anime than that one. It's more of a realistic anime =] The animation isn't perfect but hey, it has a great story line and the main characters are cuttteeeee! x] There's also Shuffle! andd Gift ~Eternal Rainbow~. Another really cute one you might like is Clannad =]

I'll list some more here:
Bokura Ga Ita
Gift ~Eternal Rainbow~
Clannad
Shuffle!
Earl and Fairy
H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~
Special A

I really hope that helped! x]
Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions =D

Shida12
02-07-2010, 02:18 AM
You've got to do Air and Kanon 2006 those were pretty good ones in my opinion and may awe you even ^^

animeaddict14
02-28-2010, 06:06 AM
Toradora, some parts of FMP, Clannad, Chobits are most of the best ones i've seen.

animeaddict14
02-28-2010, 06:12 AM
I was waiting for someone to ask about romance anime. XD!
The BEST romance anime that i've ever seen was Bokura Ga Ita. Hands down. I've never seen a better romance anime than that one. It's more of a realistic anime =] The animation isn't perfect but hey, it has a great story line and the main characters are cuttteeeee! x] There's also Shuffle! andd Gift ~Eternal Rainbow~. Another really cute one you might like is Clannad =]

I'll list some more here:
Bokura Ga Ita
Gift ~Eternal Rainbow~
Clannad
Shuffle!
Earl and Fairy
H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~
Special A

I really hope that helped! x]
Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions =D

umm.....what anime couple is that?Is it rando or it came from a series or manga? Coz it look really cute:D

Hakuchuumu
02-28-2010, 08:13 AM
Most the romantic ones I have to suggestion are romantic comedies, and I've mentioned them in another thread, but I'll mention them here, too:
Also, they're probably not 'similar' to 5CMPS, but..You know. Here's some anyway:

Cherry Juice (not an anime, but manga)
Special A
Aishiteruze Baby
I, My, Me, Strawberry Eggs
5 Centimeters Per Second |: Lawl. But you've seen this.

I'll edit and list more later~

MirrorToTheMoon
03-02-2010, 04:17 AM
umm.....what anime couple is that?Is it rando or it came from a series or manga? Coz it look really cute:D

If you mean animeaddict14's avatar, that's Toradora!. :D

*back on subject*

Hmm.. romance anime? Well, I've only seen a few, not being a huge fan of romance. But I'd say Shuffle! and Voices of a Distant Star. I enjoyed those two especially. :3

Gero50
03-02-2010, 02:55 PM
You should try Fruits Basket it is very romantic and has lots of drama. Though it is interesting the way it goes about it.