PDA

View Full Version : Dream Job!

Artcell
01-20-2010, 01:53 AM
Hi!
Uhh,I'm sorry if there's a thread like this >.<
Well,my question is,what is your dream job and why do you want that job?

I want to be like my father.He is a News Editor,so,that's what I want to be!Well I want that job because I find it interesting editing things!:D

Tell me about you guys,please!

Sr Machinehead
01-20-2010, 02:00 AM
i know it doesn't seem like a dream job per say but i've always wanted to work at a gamestop. its usually small enough where you only have a few co-workers when your working and i like the pace. other than that i guess i'd like to work at some game company.

Kaname Shikara
01-20-2010, 02:25 AM
I would want to do a job that has something to do with writing and drawing. I pick this because I love to do both :)

unruley700
01-20-2010, 02:27 AM
i kind of have my dream job. i work 3rd shift at a hotel. no one bothers me. i watch anime and read manga all night long. i just wish it paid more..... alot more

Stripes
01-20-2010, 02:31 AM
I know it is a bit weird..but I *blushes* want be the President of my country *blushes*..lol *blushes*...I know it is just little kids who would say something like this..and I also know that here in my country, President is just a respected figure but not a powerful one... But come on, someone has to do that job..why not me then?

Although, I feel that becoming the Prime Minister will be much profitable for then, I will be a powerful figure, I will have the rights to take important decisions not just signing over the decisions taken by the others..(like the president), and yea, I can then be a politician..I want to be a politician by occupation.. Yea, I can then give a speech on my birthday and the country's independence day, yea..

If I go for the President then I would like to be a cardiologist or a philosopher by profession..lol..

Kaname Shikara
01-20-2010, 02:38 AM
Genki Is that picture Orihime?

ultra_maniac
01-20-2010, 07:47 AM
being an animator

Hideki Motosuwa.
01-20-2010, 09:13 AM
My dream job is to be an actor, but I think that's not going to happen now xD Instead, maybe being an interpreter of different languages and being payed decently for it would be a nice dream job :)

luz~
01-20-2010, 09:17 AM
Manga creator. Im working on it, I love to draw and stuff and i've written stories so yeah.

Beast
01-20-2010, 09:20 AM
I want to own a zoo. So, be a zookeeper I guess. My natural affinity for animals and connection with them have always urged me to be surrounded by them. Only difference is this time it's more exotic animals and I'd be getting paid for it =P

BlakThorne
01-20-2010, 09:58 AM
hmm well to be honest i prefer a career not a job lol..but still ive always wanted to be a super hero ( cheesy i kno ) but red an blue tights arent my style so ill go nxt best thing..military or police force :)

Famahama
01-20-2010, 10:05 AM
Character designer or animator
Let's give the world a character without huge-huge-HUGE boobs and wide eyes yeah?

Anyway, I would LOVE to work in Pixar, or Walt Disney Animation Studios, or Studio 4C
Let's see where destiny takes me

Skylar1
01-20-2010, 10:06 AM
I know I'm into politics, and really good with technology and things of that nature.

But honestly, ever since I was little, I've always wanted to be a comedian

Stripes
01-20-2010, 10:08 AM
Genki Is that picture Orihime?

Yup, it is *nods*. She is called the Loituma girl..lool..

*Tsuki*
01-20-2010, 10:26 AM
I'm going to be a vet. =3

ultra_maniac
01-20-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm going to be a vet. =3

its a pretty tuff job but it is kind of awesome to become a vet an animal doc is meant to be cool

3pleT
01-20-2010, 10:55 AM
a critic; you eat in the elite restaurants, sit around watching movies or playing video games or something and you get paid for it.

not music or book critic, though. seriously, your brain would implode in a matter of weeks and you would die young due to complications of crap overdose.

Dr. Evil
01-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Sports caster for ESPN because I love sports and its always been a dream of mine.

sa5m
01-20-2010, 02:51 PM
I've always wanted to work on the computer and paperwork in a little cubicle along with 5 billion other cubicles. I want to strive to get promotions and have watercooler talk.

I'm not kidding.

RexCars
01-20-2010, 04:00 PM
I'd would've loved to have been an influential and revolutionary musician.

But the 27 Club is a little early for me. I would've started the 67 Club. That's a little better.

Missty0Citty
01-20-2010, 04:30 PM
I want to be a Fashion Designer because I love making clothes and designing them. I also want to change clothes so it's not that hard for people to find clothes that actually fit because growing up I found it hard to find clothes since my body is very tall and skinny but not a large bust.

Heinekenrana
01-20-2010, 05:05 PM
If I had the training to do it (not that I know what you need, really, but still...), I'd like to work at a body farm. We have one near me, and what they do there interests me immensely.

poshyterra
01-20-2010, 06:33 PM
my sister and i want to start our game developing company with a bunch of our friends. so yeah, i'd like to be president of that company and i'd like it to be successful. i'd also like to write music for video games and anime. so like a game producer/game director/scenario writer/composer/company president...

Dreams
01-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Owning a company 8)...but I'll probably end up being some doctor lmao.

Aki no iko
01-20-2010, 07:14 PM
My [dream] job would be to be a psychotherapist for criminal and their minds, but I'm settling for radiologic technician.

Memento Mori
01-20-2010, 07:14 PM
I would love to work in any job that required frequent travel considering I don't see myself with children and love visiting other places. Maybe a travel guide. I'm not so much worried about the pay.

~*Red*~
01-20-2010, 07:47 PM
My dream job? International journalist or editor :)

Inactive Account 0061
01-20-2010, 08:04 PM
Ever since I were like 6-7yo I've wanted to be a hitman/assassin, I don't know why I just want O.o

Cobra Commander
01-20-2010, 10:18 PM
Absolute dream? I wanted to be in the CIA. I did get to talk to them, but I didn't get the job. And if I did: A I wouldn't be posting here and B I couldn't tell you about it.

Realistic dream? I want to be a police officer. I'm not sure what kind yet, I'm just focusing on getting started. I was thinking of being a K9 officer, but they're very selective there, and while I love dogs I don't know that I'd make a good handler. I think I'd make a good detective, and would be interested in organized crime or vice.

RexCars
01-20-2010, 10:33 PM
In what capacity would you like to work for the CIA? Many jobs at the CIA can also be found at other agencies within the Washington beltway. There are several ways to a position (if you're an educated and clean citizen, which I'm sure you are).

There are varied avenues you can travel to getting a nice government job, with room for advancement, instead of just taking the conventional route of applying. Seeing as how certain professions receive the ''fast track'' through the application process, and most people who apply already have ''in house'' connections and recommendations, it's exceedingly hard for a normal citizen to be hired off the street.

Getting that valued skill set may take a few years, but if nothing else, the 30 year GS-15 retirement package would be worth the work.

Cobra Commander
01-20-2010, 10:50 PM
I applied for a generic sounding Support position. I don't have a lot of credentials, just a worthless political science degree and an interest in the outside world. Basically they told me to go to work for a few years and apply again when I have experience. I was still in college at that time. I will probably follow that advice, but I've wanted to be in law enforcement for a couple years now. I never went in there expecting to be James Bond. I'm not sure what, exactly I'd like to do if I applied now. I'm thinking that if I'm a good cop, that the skillset from that might help me in some way.

However, that dream job has been on the back burner, and I've been more interested in serving my local community.

I have a clean background, yes. I thought maybe I'd take a look at DC agencies after a few years of law enforcement and see what I could move into. Otherwise, I can retire comfortably as a cop, so I am told.

RexCars
01-20-2010, 11:35 PM
I applied for a generic sounding Support position. I don't have a lot of credentials, just a worthless political science degree and an interest in the outside world. Basically they told me to go to work for a few years and apply again when I have experience. I was still in college at that time. I will probably follow that advice, but I've wanted to be in law enforcement for a couple years now. I never went in there expecting to be James Bond. I'm not sure what, exactly I'd like to do if I applied now. I'm thinking that if I'm a good cop, that the skillset from that might help me in some way.

However, that dream job has been on the back burner, and I've been more interested in serving my local community.

I have a clean background, yes. I thought maybe I'd take a look at DC agencies after a few years of law enforcement and see what I could move into. Otherwise, I can retire comfortably as a cop, so I am told.

Most agencies will tell you the same thing, depending on your level of proficiency in the job you're applying for (obviously). Experience, experience, experience. A political science degree isn't as worthless as you might think when considering employment with one of the big three-letters. I can only speak for the aerial intel side, but I have friends at the Pentagon and DIA, who were recruited as well, but straight out of college. Having experience in law enforcement should hold a lot of weight in an application. But if working for an agency is your dream job, try not getting sucked into a local law enforcement black hole. After a few years, go for it.

A successful application is also dependent of the time of year you're applying, as agencies regularly freeze and open employment. There are large hiring fairs occasionally, too. Constantly read the paper and watch for news (more specifically, routinely check on the agency website).

Gero50
01-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Well I have had many dream jobs in my life.
When I was little like ages 8-12 I wanted to be a animation designer. Latter on I got into writing and pc's. Now I am stuck in the vastness that is the tech jobs of the world. I would have to say my dream job at least right now would have to be a IT Pro because, I like helping others and love computers.

Bulma1017
01-21-2010, 12:14 AM
To be a Vet Tech.! Then move up to be a Vet! Me Love's the Animals!! YaY's!!!

Fabala
01-21-2010, 08:47 AM
Ideally a forensic pathologist/medical examiner. Considering the schooling that requires, I'm more realistically looking into being an assistant to either. My degree should enable me to do exactly that, so it's simply a matter of finding the job opening ^^

Oh, and I'd love to write on the side. Just need to stop procrastinating on that.

Shrabz
01-21-2010, 10:34 AM
I want to be an architect!

DarkMoonPrince
01-21-2010, 11:26 AM
I always loved to become a cop in the police force, just be there for the people and follow the law.

nekosenshi
01-21-2010, 02:09 PM
I like my job speaking for a non-profit organization but I'd like more money, so I'll say rich and famous novelist.

lilaznkid
01-21-2010, 07:02 PM
I suppose my dream job would be to be a graphic designer or beatboxer

Daken.
01-21-2010, 07:14 PM
To be a ninja.

Dun Dun Dunnn.

Cyrus.
01-21-2010, 07:16 PM
I want to be legendary Pokemon Master, I gotta catch 'em all

nenuma
01-21-2010, 07:48 PM
I wanna be the hell girl...
Id abuse that job.

realms89
01-21-2010, 07:53 PM
building vintage choppers hands down

warla_woo
01-21-2010, 08:41 PM
I have a very rewarding job at the moment (five years now) but i wanted to be many things, a vet, an artist, an english teacher in Japan...but i know when im old enough to retire or somehow have a large sum of money, is to work my breed of dogs and make a living out of it, possibly go to somewhere cold and race there!!

Ramona Flowers
01-21-2010, 09:06 PM
I have a few dream jobs. Stunt double, comic book writer, elephant orphanage, and, my favorite out of them all; test subject for trojan condoms <_< of course my hubby would also have to "work" with me.

CrimsonMoon
01-23-2010, 11:14 AM
To become multi-billionaire. What? That's a dream job too.

cursedAngel
01-25-2010, 08:12 PM
i want to be a fashion designer or wedding organizer lol, or a professional pianist

Nanuq
01-25-2010, 09:25 PM
My dream job would be being a really good doctor like House XD
Or owning my own business or being a model or a famous artist~
I have too many dream jobs n_n;

sataned
01-25-2010, 09:30 PM
Professional Face Slapper... yes :D

unruley700
01-25-2010, 11:36 PM
Professional Face Slapper... yes :D

your dream is to be rick james?

-GAZKUL-
01-26-2010, 11:22 AM
President of the Universe.

only with less responcibility

deleted00
01-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Since I was a kid, I always wanted to be an astronaut. I wanna see the stars..

But as of now, I wanna be a.. seamstress so that I can sew my cosplay dresses. And also, an editor at some famous magazine. (: or a web designer.

-Snowolf
01-26-2010, 12:44 PM
I'm going to college right now for biology, health science, psychology, and graphic designing. I want to be an orthodontist and then retire at 45 to be a teacher. I want to be a role model to kids that's grown up like me.

-Sno

Forgotten Show
01-26-2010, 04:38 PM
Somehow I doubt you're majoring in four subjects.

Bad Memory

-Snowolf
01-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Its actually 3 cus the biology and health science is actually biology/health science.

-Sno

Forgotten Show
01-26-2010, 05:18 PM
You would be the only person I've heard of to be majoring in three or more subjects in college. Just sayin'.

Bad Memory

NYanimefan23
01-26-2010, 05:29 PM
My dream job is to work with horses.

Vancex
01-26-2010, 05:56 PM
i know it doesn't seem like a dream job per say but i've always wanted to work at a gamestop. its usually small enough where you only have a few co-workers when your working and i like the pace.
I agree man working at gamestop would be awesome I always wanted to work there sitting around for maybe 2 hours before like a 5-6 person parade and most of them know what they want so there's too much consulting. lastly, co-worker who like many of the same things you do.

Yuuki Kurosu
01-26-2010, 07:52 PM
I've wanted to be a Photographer for quite a few years(:

unruley700
01-26-2010, 11:04 PM
You would be the only person I've heard of to be majoring in three or more subjects in college. Just sayin'.

Bad Memory

idk man. i had 4 different majors in college. however, i went to 4 different colleges. 4 colleges. 6 years. 1 associates degree. good times.

dream magician
01-27-2010, 01:13 AM
I'm taking nursing as my college degree and my dream job is to be a nurse, but I do longed to be a doctor.^^

zansa
01-27-2010, 03:38 AM
Musician(not necessarily a famous or rich one), if i could make a live with that, i would do it, playing in some bars or dancing place.
Sounds good to me.

October.
01-27-2010, 07:16 AM
i'd love to be a writer <it doesn't have to bring in Lots of money as long as a few people read my work and like it.x) >