PDA

View Full Version : Any CoX, DDO, Lotro or WoW players here?

selenay
01-18-2010, 12:00 AM
Hi all,

I am a graduate student at Teachers College, Columbia University, NY. I am conducting my pilot study on reasons and effects of customization in MMORPGs (especially in terms of enjoyment, engagement and motivation to play) with DDO, WoW, Lotro, and CoX. The study is approved by Institutional Review Board. This survey is conducted entirely for academic research purposes, and it is not affiliated with Turbine, NCSoft, or Blizzard. If you would like to fill out the survey please click the related link provided below. Also, there is more information and a consent form that you can read before you start to
fill out the survey.

Dungeons and Dragons Online: www.surveymonkey.com/s/DDO
Lord of the Rings Online:www.surveymonkey.com/s/7MCWSTK
City of Heroes/Villains:www.surveymonkey.com/s/CoH_CoV
World of Warcraft: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WoW_Customization

Thanks very much for your time,
Selen Turkay

p.s. I read the forum rules, and I'm almost 100% sure this follows them, since I am not selling anything and I don't work for any corporation, or I am not using any offensive words. If you have any comments, feel free to post them here. I'll be checking back here regularly for a while.

For those who are interested in can google our names. Also, here are a few presentations we have did/will.

Turkay, S., Adinolf, S., Kinzer, C.(2008, June). Customizability in MMO Games and Its Effect on Player Enjoyment and Motivation. Paper was presented at Games Learning and Society Conference, Wisconsin-Madison.

Adinolf, S & Turkay, S. (2009, June). Got Change? World of Warcraft and City of Heroes Players’ Views on Customization. Games, Learning and Society Conference, Madison, Wisconsin.

Turkay, S. & Adinolf, S. (2010, February). Free To Be Me: A Survey Study On Customization With World Of Warcraft And City Of Heroes/Villains Players. Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Sciences. Istanbul, Turkey.