PDA

View Full Version : [Help - Hardware] Memory Card Problems..

♫mk-chan♫
01-06-2010, 11:48 PM
I have a 16GB SDHC Memory Card, Brand Toshiba
I put it in my computer so i could transfer my music files on it because my computer is running out of space, BUT when i clicked on the icon to open it my computer freezes up and then a error window pops up

WHY WON'T IT WORK?? v_v i've tried to open it twice and it keeps doing the same thing

the first time i used it was when i put it in my friends computer to try and put stuff on it but i changed my mind and deleted them and put the memory card back in it's case

did something happen between there and now?? O_O

SigmaSD
01-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Do you have window's vista?

♫mk-chan♫
01-07-2010, 12:04 AM
i do not have windows vista D: my computer is oldddd
it's windows xp >_>

SigmaSD
01-07-2010, 12:18 AM
Well vista is usually the problem but if you have xp then I dont know what the problem is. It should work.

Maybe you can get help if you ask here: http://www.justanswer.com/brands/Toshiba?r=ppc|ga|2|HI+-+Appliances|Toshiba&ofid=6&JPKW=problems%20toshiba&JPDC=S&JPST=&JPAD=4032107338&JPAF=txt&JPCD=20091130&JPRC=1&JPOP=Omar_TaggedPagesVsBP_Branded&gclid=CM-QwrTDkZ8CFQIhDQoduzKVMA

♫mk-chan♫
01-07-2010, 12:29 AM
D: oh heck! i don't have money to pay someone to answer my question but thanks anyway ^^;

Capernicus
01-07-2010, 12:51 AM
Why don't you ask in the computer forum?

TheAsterisk!
01-08-2010, 01:35 AM
the first time i used it was when i put it in my friends computer to try and put stuff on it but i changed my mind and deleted them and put the memory card back in it's case

did something happen between there and now?? O_O

You didn't unplug/remove/disconnect it while the OS was still writing changes to the flash memory, did you? I know I've hosed away a few flash drives that way.

It would help, though, if you could give us (or anyone else you ask) the whole error message, though. Heck, if you write down the whole error message, you might be able to Google it and find a solution yourself, if you're so inclined.

Ashminigun
01-08-2010, 01:40 AM
Have you try accessing it using external device (i.e Card reader) or using your camera plug to your computer to access it?

Khanxay
01-09-2010, 07:09 PM
I have a 16GB SDHC Memory Card, Brand Toshiba

The bolded may be why. Your computer (or whatever it's using to read the card) might not support a 16GB SDHC.

♫mk-chan♫
01-12-2010, 12:08 AM
:D thanks everyone the card is now working and i put all my stuff on it xD