PDA

View Full Version : Talk MMA

Simon Phoenix
01-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Talk anything Mixed Martial Arts

After defeating Thiago Silva on Saturday night at UFC 108, it appears former UFC light heavyweight champion "Suga" Rashad Evans has once again set up a proposed bout with Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.
According to UFC president Dana White, the two rival coaches on Season 10 of The Ultimate Fighter will likely step into the octagon at UFC 113 in Montreal.
The pair were originally supposed to face each other in the main event of UFC 107 in Jackson's hometown of Memphis, but Jackson pulled out of the fight to pursue his acting career.
The move created a fallout with White, but the two have since cleared the air, allowing Jackson to return to the UFC. Jackson is 5-1 since joining the fight league in 2007, including briefly capturing the light heavyweight title.

i can't wait, these two almost fought each other everyday on the Ultimate Fighter.

Hideki Motosuwa.
01-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Interesting, I've always wanted to see Rushad and Jackson fight. I haven't been watching UFC lately, so I don't know what's going on. Anyways, another interesting fight would be BJ Penn vs. Anderson Silva :)(if they ever faced each other, then my bad). Also, it's been a while since we've seen the Gracies step into the octagon, I'd like to see them fight again =) A re-match between Matt Hughes and Royce Gracie would be cool too.

Diocletian
01-05-2010, 07:27 PM
I love the sport, I just can't name a lot of guys. I tend to just sit down and see whoever's on kick the living light out of each other.

Seņor Nobody
01-06-2010, 06:53 AM
I love the sport, I just can't name a lot of guys. I tend to just sit down and see whoever's on kick the living light out of each other.

Ditto. It's always a must see after a stressful day.

ultra_maniac
01-06-2010, 07:58 AM
I haven't been watching UFC lately, so I don't know what's going on.

Simon Phoenix
01-06-2010, 08:26 AM
well kimbo slice is now in the ufc.

Beast
01-06-2010, 07:23 PM
So far, I'm most looking forward to GSP vs Hardy in March.

Diocletian
01-06-2010, 07:41 PM
I found out Ochocinco is going to possibly be in MMA. You better believe I might have a new favorite fighter.

Simon Phoenix
01-06-2010, 08:25 PM
ocho cinco flipped when his nose got hurt hows he gonna handle ufc fight, then again he thinks hes the greatest field goal kicker ever so ya never know what he's gonna do.

Dr. Evil
01-07-2010, 09:15 AM
I wanna see Brock Lesnar v. Quentin "Rampage" Jackson. That would be the fight to end the world.

Forgotten Show
01-07-2010, 09:47 AM

Agreed. I respect that these people's training regime is a literal full-time job, which takes some serious dedication, and I always respect fighting skill. By and large MMA folks have these traits in spades. Unfortunately, some of them have some pretty piss poor attitudes and forget that they're competitors, not gladiators.

Bad Memory

brokenORCHID
01-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Yeah Brock v Rampage but they aint in the same waight class so itll never happen plus Brocks career might be over we should find out soon though.Though Brock v Rampage yeah maybe but Brock v Overeem now that fights got some chest hair(money on Overeem)or either of the two v Fedor.Gotta favor Strikeforce HW devision over URC right now.

Though on Rashad/Rampage I prefer Evans but he was hurt badly in rd-3 by Silva and Rampage is the biggest hitter in the devision so I think hes gonna rely largely on his wrestling cos standing with Rampage will be suicide.

Simon Phoenix
01-08-2010, 06:48 AM
i know dana white has his fingers crossed and all prayers asking for Brock Lesnar vs Kimbo Slice, guaranteed biggest ordered ppv fight in UFC history if it happened.

brokenORCHID
01-08-2010, 09:13 AM
i know dana white has his fingers crossed and all prayers asking for Brock Lesnar vs Kimbo Slice, guaranteed biggest ordered ppv fight in UFC history if it happened.

Screw kimbo his fight against Alexander was a total embarrassment if he fought Brock it would go like this...Kimbo swings his big right...Brock ducks under takes him down and finishes him with the ground and pound.Simply put.
I wanna see Brock and Carwin back on now that fight could produce a new champion or at the very least Brock v Velazquez.

Dr. Evil
01-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Screw kimbo his fight against Alexander was a total embarrassment if he fought Brock it would go like this...Kimbo swings his big right...Brock ducks under takes him down and finishes him with the ground and pound.Simply put...

I agree here. Kimbo was a good fighter against civilians. Now that he's fighting trained fighters in a professional setting, his credibility is all but gone. Lesnar v Kimbo wouldn't last three rounds by any stretch of the imagination. Lesnar wouldn't give Kimbo a fighting chance. No pun intended. I gotta say that I wanna see Lesnar v Fedor. Fedor in 2 rounds. Just sayin.

Simon Phoenix
01-08-2010, 11:33 AM
are you kidding, Lesnar vs Kimbo is the best marketing they would get,and in the ufc ya never know,

brokenORCHID
01-08-2010, 12:05 PM
In some cases it could go either way but not with Kimbo v Brock.....plus hes had one fight in UFC he doesn't deserve a title shot also real MMA fans don't want to see brawls the only people that fight will attract are the subscribers to felonyfights.com. No doubt it would attract many viewers but then is it worth selling the companies principals....????

Simon Phoenix
01-08-2010, 01:17 PM
principals?kimbos already there, if they sold there pricipals like you said they already did by giving him a contrct, and he defeated houstan alexander, a very good fighter.

brokenORCHID
01-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Im talking about how they give title shots to guys who earn them not to gimicks like Kimbo who has had one fight against Alexander who is himself aweful the mans got 1 note worthy win over Jardine every other tough fight hes had he lost....I mean do you seriously think it will last more than a few seconds up agaist Lesnar. Also yes they should not have given him a contract considering he was eliminated in the 1st round of TUF by Roy Nelson. In my opinion they need higher quality fighters if they are to compete with Strikeforce if it goes PPV.
Sorry higher quality heavyweights as that is the only devision strikeforce out does UFC.

Simon Phoenix
01-08-2010, 03:48 PM
didn't brock just get as gimmick title shot because of who he is?i think it would be a good fight cuz i think bock would try to stand with kimbo, and kimbo can knock ya out with 1 punch.

brokenORCHID
01-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Brock wrestling record has him at 105-6 I believe and before competing in UFC he had a match in K-1 where he submitted his opponent Min Soo Kim by way of strikes.Min Soo Kim is a black belt in judo.
And further more slice couldn't KO Alexander they stood for 15 minutes and Slice stood with Seth Petruzelli and got TKO'd I mean just cos he KO'd Tank Abbott and a few guys on Youtube.

Simon Phoenix
01-08-2010, 06:10 PM
wrestlings fake you can't count that.

brokenORCHID
01-08-2010, 08:54 PM
wrestlings fake you can't count that.

....I was not referring to WWE I was talking about his amateur and college wrestling career.....College and Olympic wrestling is real so I can count that

Simon Phoenix
01-08-2010, 11:37 PM
o ok i thought you were talking about his wwf days

brokenORCHID
01-09-2010, 07:50 AM
Off point about Lesner/Slice.......
Who do you guys fancy to take the middle weight belt home Silva to retain or Belfort to take it....even tough Belfort is coming off an impressive win over Rich Franklin I still think Silva has more tools to win with.After all Anderson Silva KO'd Franklin twice.

Simon Phoenix
01-09-2010, 07:57 AM
i'm taking Silva