PDA

View Full Version : [Help - Wireless] Connection problems.

SigmaSD
01-04-2010, 01:13 AM
I'm gonna post this because its getting really annoying and driving me crazy.

First off, I have wireless internet via a Belkin router. I have Comcast as well. The problem is that whenever I use the internet I often get connection problems and cant connect. When playing online I get logged off often. And no recently it keeps saying that there is a DNS error. I want to know what the problem is. Is it the router brand? Is it the internet company?

Btw, I also have airplanes going over my house sometimes every couple of minutes. Could that be the problem?

niKopol
01-31-2010, 01:47 AM
I personally have experienced this twice in the span of a year.

First things first double check all of your cables that lead to the wireless router. Make sure nothing is loose or corroded.

Still the same?

Next check the wired internet. Plugging the ethernet cable from the modem into the computer/game system. If its the same as wireless check all the cables you can without killing yourself and replace if needed. I.E. No climbing up the power pole and getting 5000 joules of glory like ol' squirrelly.

If thats not a problem then its either the router sucks and you get disconnected. The range sucks and you sit on the far side of the couch. Or you need to reset the router or on the off chance actually have to set up the router.

But from my experience its usually either something wrong with something out on the pole since comcast uses the pre-existing cables that have been there since the dinosaurs roamed the earth with their low definition or I spilt some form of soda on something and just had to replace a cable some where.

SigmaSD
01-31-2010, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the response. I think I will have to call comcast because I am still having the same trouble. I even took my router once to my cousin's house and it works fine. Btw, my router is a Belkin 3G router, so it should work fine.