PDA

View Full Version : Koi ni Ochitara, Give Me More, and HIGHER Translation

SakuraFox512
01-01-2010, 11:48 PM
I shall say now the translations below (if you want to call them that) are exactly the reason why I shouldn't be trying to translate things after I've been awake for 24+ hours the atrocities and kanji are below

Give Me More (Mitsuki Saiga)

give me
悲劇という喜劇な快楽
愉快にもがいてみて
give me
破れる夢、残酷なさだめ
ボクをたのしませて please

Give Me
Tragic/cruel remarks and a good show
I'm struggling to see good^ (as in "the good of/in things")
Give Me
Broken dreams and a cruel fate
Let me have some fun please

あの日ボクは学んだ
信頼は哀しみさ
きっと綺麗な絵空事ほしがる
勝手なこころの解釈

That day I learned
to rely on my sorrow
That pretty delusion makes me feel
That my selfish heart is surely owed an explanation
*(I couldn't figure out how to make this stanza go smoothly)

そうさいつかは消える
ものばかり信じて
今かなしむより
わらいながら
さあ、こわそう

By believing only one thing...
That surely that "one day" will disappear
I shall soon escape this sorrow
Now be intimidated
While I laugh

give me
天使というふしだらな悪魔
可憐に溺れてみて
give me
力尽きて、ZEROになるいのち
ボクをたのしませて please

Give Me
Angelic words and slovenly demons
Indulging in sweetness
Give Me
Exhaustion of my powers my life(force) hitting zero

君が刻んでくれた
裏切りは憎しみに
剥がした瘡蓋は思い出
ままごとみたいな傷口

You engraved
a hateful betrayal [in me]
Peeling off an old scab [releasing] memories
It seems my injuries will remain as they are

そうさお茶でものんで
映画を見るように
今このせかいが
くずれるのを
ただ、ながめよう

Yeah, like having a cup of tea
While watching a movie
Let's just gaze
At the world
Crumbling before us right now

look out
空は今日も綺麗すぎる蒼
虚しさで満ちてゆく
wake up
ありもしない夢から目覚めて
ボクと楽しもうか please

Look Out
Today's sky is too beautiful a blue
Approaching an empty fulfillment
Wake Up
I won't stop pursuing/aiming for my dream
Won't [you] let me enjoy myself? Please

give me
悲劇という喜劇な快楽
愉快にもがいてみて
give me
破れる夢、残酷なさだめ
ボクをたのしませて please

Give Me
Tragic/cruel remarks and a good show
I'm struggling to see good
Give Me
Broken dreams and a cruel fate
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I assume you're all cringing now but there are two others I did those being Robert Haydn's song HIGHER from The Law of Ueki and Koi ni Ochitara by Yoshinori Fujita (below this one) they've got to be fail-tastic as well

HIGHER (Mitsuki Saiga)

もしも理想が現実ならば
そんな儚いのぞみ抱えて
誰もがみな苦しみ、哀しみを
ユメやキボウで隠した

If the ideal reality
Carried such fleeting expectations
Anyone and everyone would suffer from sorrows
Hiding their hopes and dreams

キリのないため息ばかりで
茨の道 選び歩くの?
本当は何処にいきたいの?

The mist disappearing I just sigh
Which thorny path will I choose to walk?
Where do I really want to go?

I WILL TAKE YOU HIGH, SO TAKE YOU HIGH
知らない何処か
あなたのすべて連れてゆくよ
fade away… こんな苦しみは
最後にして

I will take you high, so take you high
I'll go take all of you
[But] I don't know where should I go?
Fade away...such anguish/pain
Is ending

夢の向こうへ
痛みなど感じない世界
きっとこころのどこかで
それを望んでる

The world hasn't felt pain equal to mine
Going beyond my dream
Where in my sure heart
is that thing I long for?

ゆめのしゃぼんに包まれながら
遥か彼方へ空より高く
ここにある現実逃げ出せば
握るその手を放せば

While enveloped a vision of soap bubbles
[Came] out of a picture of that vast far off sky
From here I can escape from reality
Releasing these seized hands

しかたないあきらめ重ねて
誰のために闘うのでしょう
本当は何になりたいの?

There's no way I'll give up what I've gained/collected
I'm trying to struggle aren't I?
Who/what do I really want to be(come)?

果てしない場所
あなたはきっと満たされてく
melt away… しゃぼんのなかで
夢をどうぞ

An endless place
You surely want to fill
Melt away...Amidst the soap bubbles
By all means dream!

明日より遠く
涙など流れない世界
きっとこころのどこかで
それを望んでる

The world hasn't been washed in tears like me
From the distant tomorrow
Where in my sure heart

知らない何処か
あなたのすべて連れてゆくよ
fade away… こんな苦しみは
最後にして

I'll go take all of you
[But] I don't know where should I go?
Fade away...such anguish/pain
Is ending

夢の向こうへ
痛みなど感じない世界
きっとこころのどこかで
それを望んでる

The world hasn't felt pain equal to mine
Going beyond my dream
Where in my sure heart
----------------------------------------------------------------------
(For the song Koi ni Ochitara by Yoshinori Fujita) this song isn't currently on the site but I got around to submitting the romaji and kanji a short time ago)

初めてふたり並んで歩く そう それでもう恋人になった気分
みつけた襟足いじる癖 もう あなたを全部わかってるつもりさ

For the first time, we line up, walking already seeming like we've become sweethearts;
You find the hair at the back of your neck and tamper with it habitually. I've already figured out all your intentions.

いつだって後悔ばかりしてたから 今回の恋 絶対 気持ちちゃんと伝えたいから
At any time, you've been nothing but a remorseful void lately (so) I want to convey the feeling of absolute love perfectly (to you)

輝くあなたはキラキラそのままで
だからね僕は強くなるってきめたよ あなた守るためにずっと

Shining, you're glimmering now,
So I resolve to become stronger to protect you always.

寂しくなる夜もあるけど ねえ あなたはそんなとき誰想うの?
I'm growing lonely tonight but... hey? Who do you think of at such a moment?

恋なんて簡単なことって気づいた 単純で良いんだって ただ素直に想いぶつけよう
"What a love!" such simple words makes one realize simplicity is nice; soley docile feelings will get hit hard.

コタエはあなたのドキドキにあるよね?
だからね僕は自信持っていいんだよね? あなたに誓う愛をずっと

Your answer is your pounding heart, isn't it?
So I carry self-confidence; that's good isn't it? I swear to love you always.

つまらないドラマみたいな恋でもいいよ ハッピーエンドなら

Love can seem like a joyless drama, but it's okay because there's a happy ending.

ささやくあなたの声が離れなくて 電話のメモリー眺めてはかけれないんだよ
いつもあなたはキラキラそのままで
僕には見えてるのさ ふたりの未来 すぐにきっと重なるはずさ

I can't let go of your soft voice; I gazed at your number in my phone's memory^ but just couldn't dial.
You're always shining now;
I see that our futures should surely overlap soon.

^ The phrase was "denwa no MEMORII" I take it this is referring to the phone book app. or contacts list feature that phones have
-----------------------------------------------------------
*Hides in corner*:unsure:

AzureDark
01-02-2010, 09:14 AM
I'll get back with looking more at your t/ls later but for now

そうさお茶でものんで
映画を見るように
今このせかいが
くずれるのを
ただ、ながめよう
Yea, like having a cup of tea
And watching a movie
Let's just gaze at
The world right now
Crumbling before us

I just can't let go of your soft voice, I can't bring myself to call you, just staring at your number on my phone
I'd fancy myself taking it further to "just a button press from calling" because I'm too poetic.

SakuraFox512
01-02-2010, 03:34 PM
I'll get back with looking more at your t/ls later but for now

そうさお茶でものんで
映画を見るように
今このせかいが
くずれるのを
ただ、ながめよう
Yea, like having a cup of tea
And watching a movie
Let's just gaze at
The world right now
Crumbling before us

I just can't let go of your soft voice, I can't bring myself to call you, just staring at your number on my phone
I'd fancy myself taking it further to "just a button press from calling" because I'm too poetic.

Thank you very much for the help on "Give Me More" I was having a lot of trouble with that one line in particular

As for "Koi ni Ochitara" I'm not quite sure where I want to go with that line as of yet (if you see it change numerous times here don't be surprised) but it's helped me think of different ways I could go about it thanks :)

How does the rest look?

EJTranslations
01-05-2010, 01:20 AM
give me
悲劇という喜劇な快楽
愉快にもがいてみて

give me
A comic pleasure called a tragedy
Try struggling pleasantly/enjoyably

"XというY" means "a Y called X." "-てみる" is a construction meaning "to try doing"; hence "もがいてみる" is "to try struggling" and "もがいてみて" is the command form. "愉快に" I think means that the struggle is pleasant/enjoyable for the singer, who is watching it.

あの日ボクは学んだ
信頼は哀しみさ
きっと綺麗な絵空事ほしがる
勝手なこころの解釈

That day I learned
That reliance/relying on others/having faith in others is sorrow (or "only leads to sorrow," if you want to take some license)
Surely my selfish heart's explanation
Wants a beautiful delusion

"信頼は哀しみさ" is just a straight-up "X is Y" statement in my opinion. "ほしがる" is "to want," and since it's in plain form and before a noun phrase I think the entire third line is probably modifying 勝手なこころの解釈. It's a little awkward-sounding, but that's what I can make of the grammar.

そうさいつかは消える
ものばかり信じて
今かなしむより
わらいながら
さあ、こわそう

Yes, believing only
in things that will someday disappear
Now, rather than being sad
I laugh
As you seem afraid*

"いつかは消える" is "to someday disappear," and again the whole thing is modifying "もの" in the next line. "XするよりYする" is "to do Y more than/rather than/instead of X." I... am actually pretty iffy on that last line myself, but "こわそう" is, I think, "seems afraid" and it's not a command.

give me
天使というふしだらな悪魔
可憐に溺れてみて
give me
力尽きて、ZEROになるいのち

give me
A slovenly demon called an angel
Try drowning pitifully
Give me
Your power being exhausted, your life going down to zero

Grammar issues in the first two Japanese lines are basically the same as in the first stanza. As for the third Japanese line, your translation isn't that far off the mark, but I think that the subject is "you" rather than "I"; it seems like the singer gets pleasure/entertainment out of watching others struggle and die. Typical villainous stuff here.

君が刻んでくれた
裏切りは憎しみに
剥がした瘡蓋は思い出
ままごとみたいな傷口

The betrayal you engraved on me
Became hate
The scab I peel off is a memory
My wounds are like playing house (?)

In the line "裏切りは憎しみに" there's an implied なるthat's been left off at the end. I think the implied end of "剥がした瘡蓋は思い出" is more likely to simply be です than something like "を放つ," simply because if it were something more uncommon they probably wouldn't leave it out. As for the last line, it seems a bit fishy to me, but "playing house" is the only definition I can find for "ままごと." Take it with a grain of salt; I've never encountered the word before.

ありもしない夢から目覚めて

Awaken from (your) nonexistent dreams

ありもしない (or ありはしない) is basically just a fancy/poetic way of saying "ない", here being used to modify 夢, hence "nonexistent dreams." 目覚めて is the te-form of 目覚める, to wake up, probably being used as a command.

もしも理想が現実ならば
そんな儚いのぞみ抱えて

If ideals were reality
Then, carrying such fleeting wishes
(Anyone and everyone would... etc)

Just a small thing, but the first line is a separate clause from the second, and I think 誰もみな is who's doing the carrying.

キリのないため息ばかりで
茨の道 選び歩くの?
本当は何処にいきたいの?

With only endless sighs
Will (you) choose to walk the thorny path?
Where (do you) really want to go?

キリのない means endless/boundless. There's no "which" in the second line; it's a yes-or-no question. I can't be sure about the subject, but I personally would go with "you" in keeping with the whole "villain talking to his victim" thing. (This song and the first one are for the same character, right?)

知らない何処か
あなたのすべて連れてゆくよ
fade away… こんな苦しみは
最後にして

I will take all of you
To an unknown place/somewhere you don't know
fade away... This pain/suffering/distress
Will be the last thing (you feel)

Argh, I'm getting tired and I'm not sure I can explain this well. 知らない何処か is basically "an unknown place" and isn't a complete sentence on its own so it's probably referring to where he'll take them. 最後にする isn't "to end" but "to be the last (something)."

夢の向こうへ
痛みなど感じない世界
きっとこころのどこかで
それを望んでる

Beyond the dream
Is a world where pain is not felt (you can take some license with this -- "a world free from pain" or something of that sort)
Surely somewhere in your heart
You desire that

Blah, again with the inability to explain, though I will say that "きっと" is just surely/certainly; it can't ever be used as an adjective. And どこか is always "somewhere," never "where"; it could be used in a question, but only to ask "does ____ exist somewhere?" rather than "where is _____?" Which is a moot point really, because there's no question mark or か or anything at the end, so it's not a question.

ゆめのしゃぼんに包まれながら
遥か彼方へ空より高く
ここにある現実逃げ出せば
握るその手を放せば

While enveloped in the soap bubble of (your) dream
(You go) to a distant place, higher than the sky
If you run away from the reality that is here
If you let go of the hand you tightly grasp

"[noun]より[adjective]" is "more [adjective] than [noun]." Note the conditional せば endings on those last two lines.

しかたないあきらめ重ねて
誰のために闘うのでしょう
本当は何になりたいの?

It can't be helped, so just give up
For whose sake do you fight?
What do you really want to be?

Again going with "you" for the subject. I suspect the te-form in the first line is a command.

あなたはきっと満たされてく
melt away… しゃぼんのなかで

Surely you are becoming satisfied
melt away... inside a bubble

満たす can be "to fill," but it's more likely to be "to satisfy", especially in this context. I would read しゃぼんのなか as "in a bubble" rather than "amidst the bubbles"; anyway, isn't this guy's power to enclose people in bubbles and then make them float into the sky and then go splat? I haven't actually seen the series, but I know of it, and I seem to remember that.

明日より遠く
涙など流れない世界
きっとこころのどこかで
それを望んでる

Farther away than tomorrow
(Is) a world where tears don't flow
You desire that

Same grammar notes as in the previous parallel stanza, basically.

... and I'll tackle the last song later. Hope that was some help to you.

SakuraFox512
01-05-2010, 08:02 AM
Thanks for responding and helping out I noticed some of my errors were tired mistakes while others were genuine oversight on my part specific comments/questions are below

give me
悲劇という喜劇な快楽
愉快にもがいてみて

give me
A comic pleasure called a tragedy
Try struggling pleasantly/enjoyably

"XというY" means "a Y called X." "-てみる" is a construction meaning "to try doing"; hence "もがいてみる" is "to try struggling" and "もがいてみて" is the command form. "愉快に" I think means that the struggle is pleasant/enjoyable for the singer, who is watching it.

....Okay I feel a bit dumb for missing the "という-to iu" I think I thought "と-to" as in "and" here and took "いう-iu" as "remark" instead of taking them together as "known as/called"
"もがいてみて-mogaite mite" that sounds about right considering what the first line was meant to be no comment otherwise

あの日ボクは学んだ
信頼は哀しみさ
きっと綺麗な絵空事ほしがる
勝手なこころの解釈

That day I learned
That reliance/relying on others/having faith in others is sorrow (or "only leads to sorrow," if you want to take some license)
Surely my selfish heart's explanation
Wants a beautiful delusion

"信頼は哀しみさ" is just a straight-up "X is Y" statement in my opinion. "ほしがる" is "to want," and since it's in plain form and before a noun phrase I think the entire third line is probably modifying 勝手なこころの解釈. It's a little awkward-sounding, but that's what I can make of the grammar.

Thanks so much for this stanza this was one part that angered me to no end particularly what I originally had the second line (in the entire stanza) written as
in short I may have been able to manage "きっと綺麗な絵空事ほしがる
勝手なこころの解釈" properly with some more thought but it still wouldn't have made sense to me otherwise without straitening out "信頼は哀しみさ"

そうさいつかは消える
ものばかり信じて
今かなしむより
わらいながら
さあ、こわそう

Yes, believing only
in things that will someday disappear
Now, rather than being sad
I laugh
As you seem afraid*

"いつかは消える" is "to someday disappear," and again the whole thing is modifying "もの" in the next line. "XするよりYする" is "to do Y more than/rather than/instead of X." I... am actually pretty iffy on that last line myself, but "こわそう" is, I think, "seems afraid" and it's not a command.

Looking over my original writing for this stanza I'm not sure how or why I screwed it up so much considering it's not that complicated except the last line

give me
天使というふしだらな悪魔
可憐に溺れてみて
give me
力尽きて、ZEROになるいのち

give me
A slovenly demon called an angel
Try drowning pitifully
Give me
Your power being exhausted, your life going down to zero

Grammar issues in the first two Japanese lines are basically the same as in the first stanza. As for the third Japanese line, your translation isn't that far off the mark, but I think that the subject is "you" rather than "I"; it seems like the singer gets pleasure/entertainment out of watching others struggle and die. Typical villainous stuff here.

As you said the subject should be "you" it really doesn't seem sane otherwise my thought for using "my" was likely due to me thinking of one of his powers (creating a more ideal version of an object at the cost one year of his life) still....it was a bit dumb of me

I did the same "という-to iu" thing here

君が刻んでくれた
裏切りは憎しみに
剥がした瘡蓋は思い出
ままごとみたいな傷口

The betrayal you engraved on me
Became hate
The scab I peel off is a memory
My wounds are like playing house (?)

In the line "裏切りは憎しみに" there's an implied なるthat's been left off at the end. I think the implied end of "剥がした瘡蓋は思い出" is more likely to simply be です than something like "を放つ," simply because if it were something more uncommon they probably wouldn't leave it out. As for the last line, it seems a bit fishy to me, but "playing house" is the only definition I can find for "ままごと." Take it with a grain of salt; I've never encountered the word before.

Agreed as far as "ままごと-mama goto" is concerned that is the only meaning I could find as well but the reason I translated it as
"ままごとみたいな傷口-mama goto mitai na kizuguchi"
/"It seems my injuries will remain as they are" was at least partially because well..."mama" refers to the state of something right? (ex. Sono mama) In this case I figured he was refering to his injuries/wounds from said betrayal remaining as they were
that is not healing

ありもしない夢から目覚めて

Awaken from (your) nonexistent dreams

ありもしない (or ありはしない) is basically just a fancy/poetic way of saying "ない", here being used to modify 夢, hence "nonexistent dreams." 目覚めて is the te-form of 目覚める, to wake up, probably being used as a command.

No comment

next one...
HIGHER

もしも理想が現実ならば
そんな儚いのぞみ抱えて

If ideals were reality
Then, carrying such fleeting wishes
(Anyone and everyone would... etc)

Just a small thing, but the first line is a separate clause from the second, and I think 誰もみな is who's doing the carrying.

キリのないため息ばかりで
茨の道 選び歩くの?
本当は何処にいきたいの?

With only endless sighs
Will (you) choose to walk the thorny path?
Where (do you) really want to go?

キリのない means endless/boundless. There's no "which" in the second line; it's a yes-or-no question. I can't be sure about the subject, but I personally would go with "you" in keeping with the whole "villain talking to his victim" thing. (This song and the first one are for the same character, right?)

Yes this song and the first are for the same character and considering the lines in the next verse I'd say it's a safe bet to choose "you"

知らない何処か
あなたのすべて連れてゆくよ
fade away… こんな苦しみは
最後にして

I will take all of you
To an unknown place/somewhere you don't know
fade away... This pain/suffering/distress
Will be the last thing (you feel)

Argh, I'm getting tired and I'm not sure I can explain this well. 知らない何処か is basically "an unknown place" and isn't a complete sentence on its own so it's probably referring to where he'll take them. 最後にする isn't "to end" but "to be the last (something)."

夢の向こうへ
痛みなど感じない世界
きっとこころのどこかで
それを望んでる

Beyond the dream
Is a world where pain is not felt (you can take some license with this -- "a world free from pain" or something of that sort)
You desire that

Blah, again with the inability to explain, though I will say that "きっと" is just surely/certainly; it can't ever be used as an adjective. And どこか is always "somewhere," never "where"; it could be used in a question, but only to ask "does ____ exist somewhere?" rather than "where is _____?" Which is a moot point really, because there's no question mark or か or anything at the end, so it's not a question.

Not much to say here but thanks for pointing out the specifics for "きっと-kitto" and "どこか-doko ka"

ゆめのしゃぼんに包まれながら
遥か彼方へ空より高く
ここにある現実逃げ出せば
握るその手を放せば

While enveloped in the soap bubble of (your) dream
(You go) to a distant place, higher than the sky
If you run away from the reality that is here
If you let go of the hand you tightly grasp

"[noun]より[adjective]" is "more [adjective] than [noun]." Note the conditional せば endings on those last two lines.

しかたないあきらめ重ねて
誰のために闘うのでしょう
本当は何になりたいの?

It can't be helped, so just give up
For whose sake do you fight?
What do you really want to be?

Again going with "you" for the subject. I suspect the te-form in the first line is a command.

あなたはきっと満たされてく
melt away… しゃぼんのなかで

Surely you are becoming satisfied
melt away... inside a bubble

満たす can be "to fill," but it's more likely to be "to satisfy", especially in this context. I would read しゃぼんのなか as "in a bubble" rather than "amidst the bubbles"; anyway, isn't this guy's power to enclose people in bubbles and then make them float into the sky and then go splat? I haven't actually seen the series, but I know of it, and I seem to remember that.

His other power allows him to trap someone in a bubble and affect the gravity within it so yeah I don't watch it much but I like the voice cast and Haydn is somewhat interesting in my opinion

But anyway "satisfied" could work but then I'm not sure how the line before it would work

明日より遠く
涙など流れない世界
きっとこころのどこかで
それを望んでる

Farther away than tomorrow
(Is) a world where tears don't flow
You desire that

Same grammar notes as in the previous parallel stanza, basically.

... and I'll tackle the last song later. Hope that was some help to you.

It was and I'll check over it ("Koi ni Ochitara") some myself a little later today (and check back here later for your "Koi ni Ochitara" analysis)

On a final note are you sure you wouldn't care to be the one to submit translations for these? You seem to have cleaned up the majority of things in them so I'm not sure it's right of me to do so

P.S. How do I give rep?

EJTranslations
01-06-2010, 11:21 PM
On a final note are you sure you wouldn't care to be the one to submit translations for these? You seem to have cleaned up the majority of things in them so I'm not sure it's right of me to do so

P.S. How do I give rep?

It's fine! Goodness knows I needed some of my earlier translations reworked to this extent, and no one who helped me then ever submitted the song him- or herself. You can credit me in a footnote or something if you really want to.

About the rep-giving, I really don't know -- I've been on this forum for a while, but I've never really bothered figuring out all the bells and whistles.

Anyway, about Koi ni Ochitara:

初めてふたり並んで歩く そう それでもう恋人になった気分
みつけた襟足いじる癖 もう あなたを全部わかってるつもりさ

Your translations for these two lines are mostly good! Personally, I'd suggest using "walking side-by-side" instead of "lined up" and "play with" instead of "tamper with," but you can take or leave that. The one error is that the "intentions" belong to the singer rather than the other person -- "I plan to get to know everything about you."

寂しくなる夜もあるけど

This is more like "though there are nights when I'm lonely"; note that it doesn't specify "tonight."

I realized that love is a simple thing, and because simplicity is good, I'll just honestly confront my feelings.

Okay, なんて is hard to explain, but 恋なんて簡単なこと is basically like 恋は簡単なこと but with an added air of disbelief. だって (sometimes) means "because." 素直 can mean docile, but it can also mean honest/true, and in songs about love you'll see it used in that way a lot -- singers are always going on about their 素直な気持ち and whatnot.

だからね僕は自信持っていいんだよね?

I would say something more like "so it's good/okay that I have self-confidence, right?" The way you have it isn't incorrect, but it's a little unwieldy.

That's about all I have to say about that. All in all, that one's a much nicer translation job, maybe because you had time to look over it after you'd gotten some sleep.

SakuraFox512
01-14-2010, 11:12 AM
寂しくなる夜もあるけど

This is more like "though there are nights when I'm lonely"; note that it doesn't specify "tonight."

Right "yoru" just means "night"
I think I tripped up with the "naru" there "naru" means "growing/becoming" right? And both of those word imply as something is happening so I figured it was present tense (tonight/this night) I'm not trying to disagree with what you said here by any means (please don't take it as such) but I am confused as to where the "naru" went is there something about that word I don't know?

I realized that love is a simple thing, and because simplicity is good, I'll just honestly confront my feelings.

Okay, なんて is hard to explain, but 恋なんて簡単なこと is basically like 恋は簡単なこと but with an added air of disbelief. だって (sometimes) means "because." 素直 can mean docile, but it can also mean honest/true, and in songs about love you'll see it used in that way a lot -- singers are always going on about their 素直な気持ち and whatnot.

Thank you very much on this line if you couldn't tell it was confusing and angering me to no end

That's about all I have to say about that. All in all, that one's a much nicer translation job, maybe because you had time to look over it after you'd gotten some sleep.

Thank you ^_^

I have one other question if you wouldn't mind answering
the line below
I translated as "At any time, you've been nothing but a remorseful void lately (so) I want to convey the feeling of absolute love perfectly (to you)"

The usage of "At any time" and "lately" in the same phrase isn't proper (or at least I'm pretty sure it isn't they seem contradictory) but the kanji uses "いつだって-Itsudatte-At any time/always" and "今回-Konkai-This time/lately" so...I'm not sure what to do is there any other way it could be taken?

Wrapping this post up I have submitted the translation (I already submitted the romaji and kanji previously) for "Give Me More" and found that there was no foot note field >_< also sorry for the late reply

AzureDark
01-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Just put the footnote you want to put up along with the t/l in the same textfield, everybody does that.

EJTranslations
01-14-2010, 11:04 PM
Right "yoru" just means "night"
I think I tripped up with the "naru" there "naru" means "growing/becoming" right? And both of those word imply as something is happening so I figured it was present tense (tonight/this night) I'm not trying to disagree with what you said here by any means (please don't take it as such) but I am confused as to where the "naru" went is there something about that word I don't know?

Whoops, apologies for the confusing simplification -- literally it would be something like "although there are nights where I become lonely" or "although there are nights which become lonely."

I have one other question if you wouldn't mind answering
the line below
I translated as "At any time, you've been nothing but a remorseful void lately (so) I want to convey the feeling of absolute love perfectly (to you)"

The usage of "At any time" and "lately" in the same phrase isn't proper (or at least I'm pretty sure it isn't they seem contradictory) but the kanji uses "いつだって-Itsudatte-At any time/always" and "今回-Konkai-This time/lately" so...I'm not sure what to do is there any other way it could be taken?

Oops again -- I missed that one. The 今回 applies to the second part of the sentence, not the first -- "you're always full of regrets, so now/this time I want to..."

Also, huh, I didn't realize the footnote field disappeared when you submit a translation for romaji that are already on the site. Weird.

SakuraFox512
02-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Just a little follow-up :) (I hope the admins or mods won't hate me for necro posting... :unsure:)

@bluepenguin

I've now submitted all three translations and have credited you in the footnotes for "HIGHER" and "Koi ni Ochitara" (apparently AzureDark explained how to do so in the post above yours ^_^; )

Whoops, apologies for the confusing simplification -- literally it would be something like "although there are nights where I become lonely" or "although there are nights which become lonely."

I'm late on the response here but no need to apologize
I'm still a bit unsure on certain things so when I hear (or in this case don't hear) what I've already established for a word it throws me off a bit >_< in simpler form I suppose it comes down to "my lack of knowledge or confidence in my knowledge causes me to be overly-literal"

@AzureDark (I put your name in larger text due to the color)

As far as in-site questions such as putting the footnote in the translation field if the romaji has already be submitted go why wouldn't it just be easier to keep the footnote field up for translations or just entirely take the footnote field down and let people write the footnotes for their romaji in the romaji field as well? (Am I making sense?)

Also a simpler question why isn't there a "submit kanji" option for songs that weren't submitted like the "submit translation" button? It seems like it would be simpler than doing that than going through the forums

Don't take it a bad way I'm just kind of curious

Aside from that why can't I change "my mood"?

AzureDark
02-21-2010, 09:12 AM
You can change your mood by clicking on it on your top-right hand side on the header.

There's only one footnote field for a lyric, and maybe the transliterator had written something in it. In any case the submitter for the translation can't overwrite this field. Putting them in the same place with the romaji field doesn't help either since people would think it's part of the lyric when they're in the same column as the romaji.

We don't have any restriction on kanji submission BUT giving them Lv.0s a chance to put up something in the queue will make them go and spam mostly stolen lyrics. You can try and imagine how much garbage the desperate ones are already piling the site up...

SakuraFox512
02-21-2010, 04:14 PM
You can change your mood by clicking on it on your top-right hand side on the header.

There's only one footnote field for a lyric, and maybe the transliterator had written something in it. In any case the submitter for the translation can't overwrite this field. Putting them in the same place with the romaji field doesn't help either since people would think it's part of the lyric when they're in the same column as the romaji.

We don't have any restriction on kanji submission BUT giving them Lv.0s a chance to put up something in the queue will make them go and spam mostly stolen lyrics. You can try and imagine how much garbage the desperate ones are already piling the site up...

(My mood) I tried already it just links me here
http://www.animeforum.com/#
and it told me I could vote on a 1-5 scale everyday (which is a lie because it wouldn't let me do so after the first day anyway) *confused*

As for the garbage Lv. 0s put in yes I could imagine
but I'm sure that's different from knowing (and having to be the one to clean it out)

AzureDark
02-23-2010, 03:38 AM
What browser are you using? The mood thing does link to http://www.animeforum.com/# but it also will display a drop-down list when you click it. And the scale thingy doesn't work right now.

Though I can understand your problem with this, sometimes the drop-downs don't work on Firefox at my end.

SakuraFox512
02-24-2010, 11:44 AM
What browser are you using? The mood thing does link to http://www.animeforum.com/# but it also will display a drop-down list when you click it. And the scale thingy doesn't work right now.

Though I can understand your problem with this, sometimes the drop-downs don't work on Firefox at my end.

I'm using Google Chrome on this junky laptop
I normally use Firefox on the desktop back home but this thing doesn't have it >_<