PDA

View Full Version : [Help - BitDefender] Anyone else having problems with the newest version(s)?

Forgotten Show
01-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Just reupped my BitDefender 'cause it is one of the better tools I've come across for protecting my computer. I'm sure there are better, but that's besides the point.

Problem: after taking forever to download this new BitDefender, my computer is not moving slower than frozen mollasis. Everything, on and offline, is moving rediculously slow. File transfers to and from my new external drive are moving slow. Music downloads are moving slow. Let's not even talk about anything streaming. :eek:

My dad and brother have also had these problems; we all updated within the last few days. Before I try jumping through hoops and because it's a holliday for a lot of businesses, does anyone here have any idea what might be wrong? I've updated and rebooted so many times it's not even funny. My dad's done complete uninstall/reinstalls, nada. Since it worked fine with the prior version, I'm not confident a disk defrag will do anything. Short of shoving everything onto the external drive and nuking my computer I'm out of ideas.

Thoughts?

Bad Memory

Gero50
01-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Well if reinstalling the program did not improve anything I would have to say it is the newer version that is just full of bugs and issues. Dose the computer still run slow when it is not installed.