PDA

View Full Version : Help please? o_o;

Rena
12-26-2009, 09:17 PM
So I'm going to Otakon again next summer and I want to start working on my costume. And I need ideas for cosplay!

So theres a picture of me below, I have medium length brown hair and light green eyes. Any ideas?

And if anyone can think of a match for a guy with shaggy blond hair and blue eyes, please suggest! My boyfriend needs ideas too.

Please, please help. And thanks in advance. :]

http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o474/chiisai-koneko/SL382586-1.jpg

flying froggy
12-26-2009, 09:31 PM
What if you went as Shouin Yoriuchi, (sp?) and your boyfriend went as urahara kisuke? From your picture and the description of your boyfriend i think it could work well for you...

and obviously I mean as the human version, not the cat version!:p

Rena
12-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Well I dont know... isnt Yoruichi suppose to have darkly tanned skin? Two years ago, my best friend who is from nigeria went as Yoruichi... and I've never actually watched much of Bleach so I'm not sure. :[

Thanks alot for your input though! I appreciate it. :] Any other ideas?

Diocletian
12-26-2009, 09:39 PM
Although this character is a bit plain, Kumi Mashiba would be nice. She's a character that looks a bit like yourself and I bet you no one at the con would be in the same costume.

http://myanimelist.net/character/1818/Kumi_Mashiba

If your boyfriend puts on contacts he can go as Ippo Makunouchi, her love interest.

http://myanimelist.net/character/15/Ippo_Makunouchi

It's an easy cosplay to do from an amazing show.

Rena
12-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Wow, okay, thanks. What show are they from, may I ask?

flying froggy
12-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Well I dont know... isnt Yoruichi suppose to have darkly tanned skin? Two years ago, my best friend who is from nigeria went as Yoruichi... and I've never actually watched much of Bleach so I'm not sure. :[

Thanks alot for your input though! I appreciate it. :] Any other ideas?

yeah she sort of does, but some fake tan will take care of that but more importantly you've already got those greenish eyes that she has and that sort of smirk that she wears. at least from the picture you sent

Rena
12-26-2009, 09:45 PM
@Froggy - I might do that. Thanks for the suggestion :]

Any other ideas, loves?

Diocletian
12-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Wow, okay, thanks. What show are they from, may I ask?

Hajime no Ippo.

Why not just put on cat ears or dress like Naruto? Cosplaying is better done when it's a character YOU like. A character that YOU have an affinity with. It doesn't really help or work when people tell you what character to cosplay as.

Rena
12-27-2009, 08:12 PM
I realize that, Dio. I'm not new to this, I just wanted some perspective on it. Thanks for your input.

Any other suggestions?

flying froggy
12-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Do you like Neon Genesis Evangelion?? you could always dress up as Misato

Rena
12-28-2009, 07:34 PM
That is a great idea, I never would have thought of her as a costume option. Hmmm.. Now who could I dress my bf up as? :/

flying froggy
12-28-2009, 07:41 PM
her love interest? that secret agent guy, i always forget what his name is. I can't really think of any other blondish, guys other than kiskue from bleach.

Asriel
12-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Omg.......
I'M GOING TO OTAKON AS WELL : D!!!!!!!! ~o~

Rena
12-28-2009, 10:20 PM
@froggy: omg! I know, I always forget his name... I'll have to look it up. :]
@hieko: sweet! We should meet up! :D

Asriel
12-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Yes we should.
I'm going as Chrome Dokuro from KHR.
Although I'm still figuring out on how to make the trident =w=...

I hope you find a good cosplay soon. ^^

Rena
12-28-2009, 11:27 PM
Thanks, Hieko. :] I hope to see you there.

Anyone else? Just curious, I think I've got what I need. :D

flying froggy
12-29-2009, 04:16 PM
just make sure you post pics of the final product

Rena
12-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Oh I will :3 thanks for all your help, guys!