PDA

View Full Version : Movie Makes/Remakes

OminousCloud
12-21-2009, 03:37 AM
If you were to make a book/comic/anime/manga/poem/whatever into a movie, or remake an existing movie, what would you choose to make or remake. For the purpose of this thread ORIGINAL ideas should NOT be posted.

.Lovebeat
12-21-2009, 05:25 AM
I want to see FF8 as a movie so badly. *sigh* Preferably all CG because actors might just mess the beautiful characters up...

Eris
12-21-2009, 08:50 AM
Films that aren't based on original ideas are almost universally terrible. I can't come up with a franchise I so much I want to ruin it with a movie.

Simon Phoenix
12-21-2009, 09:06 AM
Films that aren't based on original ideas are almost universally terrible. I can't come up with a franchise I so much I want to ruin it with a movie.
99 percent true.....scarface was a remake however and a very well done 1. but to answer the question i would make a live action Gundam movie and blow transformers out the water.

3pleT
12-21-2009, 09:55 AM
How about movies based on Stephen King novels? Some of his ideas are awesome, but his writing is mostly terrible.

The Grey Crane
12-21-2009, 10:32 AM
I'm tired of the run-of-the-mill superhero movies so i'll definitely go for DC's Identity Crisis. A suspense/mystery/crime flick wherein our favorite heroes and villains are almost as helpless as they could get. Enough about our heroes beat-punching villains, it's time to see both sides drown in grief.

Diocletian
12-21-2009, 06:03 PM
I want to make a GOOD adaptation of Stephen King's Firestarter. I want to give Matt Ruff's Bad Monkeys a short comic adaption. The book itself sucks because it really doesn't do well as a novel, but as a comic with visuals it could really work.

Ryuuzaki HD
12-21-2009, 07:18 PM
I'd like to see a remake of King Kong Vs Godzilla just because I love the original.

Eris
12-21-2009, 07:25 PM
How about movies based on Stephen King novels? Some of his ideas are awesome, but his writing is mostly terrible.

Well, some types of horror really doesn't work very well in a written format, so there may be a small exception for that.

Shinn Kamiyra
12-21-2009, 08:00 PM
99 percent true.....scarface was a remake however and a very well done 1. but to answer the question i would make a live action Gundam movie and blow transformers out the water.

Believe me when I say that, at the prospect of an actualized Gundam movie that would give true justice to the series itself, I'd be the first one to step out there and rant for seemingly endless hours on end about just how awesome that would be; but I simply don't think it's the right time for it. Mayhaps in about five and/or seven-ish years when a couple of significant bounds have been taken in CGI development and other necessary areas have been made, we'll see what happens.

Capitán
12-21-2009, 08:08 PM

You know I always wanted one of the "naked" transformers to crash land in Japan.... scan a gundam on one of those large poster boards, and transform into one. With all the weapons and abilities of the gundam.

I would make a Metal Gear Solid movie. One that takes place right after 4.

RexCars
12-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Easy. I'd remake the current live-action Dragonball movie, using the budget of Avatar.

TheThunderBringer
12-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Easy. I'd remake the current live-action Dragonball movie, using the budget of Avatar.

lol'd

Anyway, I'd like to see a good Superman movie. The newest one SUCKED, I mean, he's like, the most well known superhero on earth and he has the least amount of movies...good ones at least >__>

MangaFanGuy
12-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Many Sci-Fi books would make good movies IMO or at least better then many of the Sci-Fi movies made today.

Something like the Posleen Wars or Vattas War series would be good

RexCars
12-21-2009, 09:15 PM
lol'd

What's funny about that?

OminousCloud
12-23-2009, 03:19 AM
I'd remake Titanic from the iceberg's point of view

I'd make Lysistrata just so I can have hippies yelling "make love not war"