PDA

View Full Version : RMFC: Fur-Con worth while?

Alias-Revolution
12-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Hey all. My buddy David really wants me to go with him to his first Fur-Con, but I don't know if it's worth my time or not. I'm not really into the Furry fandom, so I was hoping to get some other opinions. If you've gone, please share your experiences and opinions, good or bad.

GaijinOtaku
12-11-2009, 04:48 PM
I've never been, mainly because I'm not a furry, but I would go just ot see what it was like. Who nkows, you might enjoy. I always say, you never know until you try.

Diocletian
12-11-2009, 05:43 PM
He's a freak and if you're not a freak you won't go. Simple as that.

Dr. Hax
12-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Jonah's right, Alias.

Want proof? Read... (http://www.animeforum.com/blogs/viewblog.php?entry=47006&userid=175536#comments)

Alias-Revolution
12-12-2009, 04:56 PM
While I am aware most furrys have gotten a bad rep because of those freaks who are into beastiality(sp?) I have also learned that there is a huge difference in the personalities of those who are (yiffers) and those who aren't.

Personally, I don't like furries. I would rather take a knife to my throat than talk to one, face-to-face. Were it up to me, I would gather some friends and burn all fursuits. Anyone caught making one or trying to buy one would get a severe beating. These outcasts don't deserve love. They deserve pain, despair, hate from others, etc.. I keep them from my house. You should too. Freaks shouldn't be contaminating your home.

Is saying this any different than saying those who go to Cons such as Anime Expo and do cosplay are "Freaks, outcasts, ect."? Your blog is just an opinionated bash. I could be wrong, but from what I know your blog is rather uninformed as well. Let's not turn this into a bashing session. If you've never been to a fur-con or are just here to start trouble, don't post in here.

That's what I was thinking, Otaku. From looking at their home page, RMFC looks like it could be fun. There's a lot of stereotyping against this fandom, and that's one reson I'd like to see this for myself.

Diocletian
12-12-2009, 05:05 PM
If you want opinions, then don't compain about what you get. My opinion is they're freaks. If you don't like it, don't ask for them next time.

If you're looking for furries, you're in the wrong place. Go elsewhere.

Capitán
12-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Whats a furry?

Alias-Revolution
12-13-2009, 04:34 PM
If you've gone, please share your experiences and opinions, good or bad.

If you've gone to the event then I can respect that. If not, why are you posting here?

To answer xAl-san,

Furry fandom (also known as furrydom, fur fandom or furdom) refers to the fandom for fictional anthropomorphic animal characters with human personalities and characteristics. Examples of anthropomorphic attributes include exhibiting human intelligence and facial expressions, the ability to speak, walk on two legs, and wear clothes. Furry fandom is also used to refer to the community of artists, writers, role players and general fans of the furry art forms who gather on the Internet and at conventions.

Therianthropic characters that morph between human and animal form are also considered by some to be part of the genre. Even certain superheroes with animal derived powers are considered of furry interest by some fans, the general idea being a combination of human and non-human animal attributes. Even characters like Josie and the Pussycats are considered of interest to furry fandom, though they only wear costumes with animal ears and tails.

GaijinOtaku
12-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Just because someone is a furry, doesn't mena they yiff. I'm friends with a few furries, and they don't seem different from anyone else to me. There's a huge difference between normal furries and yiffing furverts. I think they should be treated better.

ultra_maniac
12-13-2009, 11:41 PM
i say you shouldn't go if u r a freak u will go

Alias-Revolution
12-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Unfortunately, I'll be asking a moderator to close this thread today. I had a feeling this would happen. Opening a thread about a controversial subject that not everyone will look into before commenting on is an open invitation to trolls and bashers.

I apologize to GaijinOtaku and anyone else who was considering posting an intelligent response, and also to those who took the time to read the entire first post before posting.

To the rest of you, Thank you for wasting my time, and may your one-sided bashing drag you deep into the bowels of n00b hell.

Thank you.

GaijinOtaku
12-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Well, thanks for mentioning me, at least. You're a nice guy ^^

Sanosuke23
12-21-2009, 10:59 PM
I say go if you have the means and ability. If for some reason you become uncomfortable while there, explain that to your friend and return to the room/home/whatever your arrangements are. The fact that he wants you to go probably means he's interested but wants someone he knows there with him for support/safety, and since you're his friend you obviously at least tolerate his interest in the subject.

Dr. Hax
12-21-2009, 11:41 PM
To the rest of you, Thank you for wasting my time, and may your one-sided bashing drag you deep into the bowels of n00b hell.

Thank you.

Yes, I'm quite sure it will happen sooner or later in my life but at least I won't be violated by a man in a fursuit.

GaijinOtaku
12-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Yes, I'm quite sure it will happen sooner or later in my life but at least I won't be violated by a man in a fursuit.

Now that's just plain ignorant.

Sanosuke23
12-22-2009, 02:53 PM

Well since you've said that I suppose now it will. Hell's funny like that.

Dr. Hax
12-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Well since you've said that I suppose now it will. Hell's funny like that.

So is the fact that you actually responded to my post. Tell me, do you like playing this mediocre role of the "Hero of AF"? Sounds like you're doing it for more action from the OP. It depends on his mood really. He gets generous sometimes so make sure to get tested by your doctor.

Now that's just plain ignorant.

It was blissful also. So blissful, I almost feel like eating sugar cookies instead of working out today.

Dark Wolf 09
12-22-2009, 04:07 PM
I don't know really, I haven't been too one myself actually, I think all cons are for freaks. Anime, Game con, Comics. What-ever, but hey if you're going to support your friend, you only need one true friend anyways, I'd say go for it. As what Sanosuke said, if you feel a bit uneasy just stay at a room. But have fun over there thats the main part.

Sanosuke23
12-23-2009, 02:54 AM
So is the fact that you actually responded to my post. Tell me, do you like playing this mediocre role of the "Hero of AF"? Sounds like you're doing it for more action from the OP. It depends on his mood really. He gets generous sometimes so make sure to get tested by your doctor.

What's funny is, I wasn't even being hostile. It was a joke about how, you know, when you're like "AT LEAST IT CAN'T GET ANY WORSE!" Hell would probably take you up on that bet.

Tell me, do YOU like adding validity to the rumor that you are, in fact, completely insane?

Dr. Hax
12-23-2009, 07:13 AM
Tell me, do YOU like adding validity to the rumor that you are, in fact, completely insane?

If it allows me to have a cup of lobster bisque and a chance to make a deal with the devil to get a get an acid party in hell going with Cobain as the DJ, then by all means.

Animekitten
12-25-2009, 09:56 AM
If you wanna go to the fur-con, than go, if you don't, well than don't, simple as that.
personally I'm not a big fan of furrys, I've got nothing aganist them, just seem a little weird to me. I do like Anthro's though :)

Lavos
02-16-2010, 10:36 AM
Thread closed. Some of you need to grow up.