PDA

View Full Version : [Help - Web] Looking for a website..

NorthOfTime
12-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Ok so ive been using www.imeem.com (http://www.imeem.com) for awhile now to listen to music while at work.. Somehow someway they have got it set up now that when i type it in it directs me to a myspace link and is immediatly blocked (DOD Computers block alot of stuff like Myspace and Yearbook, but not facebook) its annoying and =suckage cause i like to listen to music while i work.. i know of many other sites like Musicjesus.com and youtube (duh) but those of course are blocked.. (Doh!) so if anyone has any suggestions please fill me in i will of course check and try to use them.. I want my music!

P.S. Im happy with just the songs dont need video and the like. Also i am not asking for free downloads of anything, so you can not claim i am trying to break a law.just want music!

Alphabet
12-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Hmm. . .I think I know a few.
I found dizzler.com a few years back and it's still pretty active.
Others are
Last.fm
Pandora.com
Mixpod.com

I hope this helps. Good luck to listening to music at work.
ooshy ooshy ooshy

NorthOfTime
12-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Hmm. . .I think I know a few.
I found dizzler.com a few years back and it's still pretty active.
Others are
Last.fm
Pandora.com
Mixpod.com

I hope this helps. Good luck to listening to music at work.
ooshy ooshy ooshy
Humm.. Dizzler: Blocked, Last.fm: not blocked but not a large collection of songs to here, Pandora and Mixpod: Blocked..

Humm im searching Last.fm for music but most of it im not able to listen to.. im starting to see its mainly a radio site.. cool though.

Light Buster
12-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Did you try to install iTunes or use the Windows Media Player? If you can use those you shouldn't have any problems listening to music unless you need an admin to install them...

wizz-o-matic
12-09-2009, 02:39 PM
last.fm aint free :/

You can try with Digitally Imported, but you'll need an audio program for that.
http://www.di.fm/

miniPhil
12-09-2009, 04:51 PM
Use proxies/tor. Also I love Jamendo, you won't find anything mainstream but its all free and legal.

NorthOfTime
12-10-2009, 08:01 AM
Ok update you can NOT download anything unothroised on to DOD computers.. that means basically anything fromt he web. Proxies are all blocked and the proxies/tor didnt even work.

I seem to be on a road of no music... :(

Alphabet
12-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Aww Dizzler was blocked? The best option you can do is buy a PMP or mp3 player. Look up into iPod(durr), Phillips, Zune, Archos, and other brands I can't remember. . .
If I find any more websites, I'll list them out for you.
ooshy ooshy ooshy

NorthOfTime
12-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Well i already have an Ipod (80G Whoot!) but thing is we are'nt aloud to have head phones or ear phones in while in uniform.. And i dont have a docking station for the darn thing..

OminousCloud
12-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Why not try streaming music online from radio station websites?

Light Buster
12-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Try to buy an iHome for your office space. That might work.