PDA

View Full Version : favorite voice acter?

Misterex
12-05-2009, 10:23 AM
from anime whos your favorite???

i think my fav' is Yuri Lowenthal* sorry i think i miss spelled.......

*Sasuke from Naruto*

:bounce:

Aizen-sama
12-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Brina Palengia
she played the voice of Ai Enma from jigoku shoujou

Eris
12-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Moved to a more Anime-oriented part of the forums.

Shwayze
12-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Kazuya Nakai, he did the voice for Zoro (One Piece) and Mugen (Samurai Champloo).

Capitán
12-05-2009, 04:01 PM
My favorite voice actor is Johnny Yong Bosch. He did the voices of Ichigo in the Bleach dubbed version. Lelouch of the Code Geass dubbed version. And I really liked his portrayal of Nero from DMC 4.

I also like whoever did the voice of Samurai Champloo's Mugen in the dubbed version. I'd like to add Hedy Burress. She portrayed Yuna in FFX and X-2 games.

chii-chan91
12-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Erm... the English VA for InuYasha and the Japanese VA for Suigetsu (for no real known reason... i just really like his voice and think it fits the character!)
Theres probably another one somewhere that i love, i just cant think of it at this moment in time ^^

Bibi of the Blue Sea
12-05-2009, 04:17 PM
My favorite would be Steven Blum. He does the English voice for Mugen (Samurai Champloo), Spike Spiegal (Cowboy Bebop), Darcia (Wolf's Rain), And I'm pretty sure he's Gene Starwind from Outlaw Star.

Gjallarhorn
12-05-2009, 04:23 PM
English:

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (Matoko Kusanagi in GitS, Helba in .hack//SIGN, Cornelia in Code Geass, Hilda in Outlaw Star, Julia in Cowboy Bebop)

Japanese:

Hiroshi Kamiya (Itoshiki Nozomu in Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Trafalgar Law in One Piece, Koyomi Araragi in Bakemonogatari, Matou Shinji in Fate/Stay Night)

TheSplundPopper
12-05-2009, 05:04 PM
My favorite voice actor is Johnny Yong Bosch. He did the voices of Ichigo in the Bleach dubbed version. Lelouch of the Code Geass dubbed version. And I really liked his portrayal of Nero from DMC 4.

LOL I never actually realised that was him. Adam from Power Rangers.

The only voice actress I seem to recognise is Monica Rial. Every time I hear a character with her voice I somehow can tell it is her. Most other times I don't really pay attention to who the voice actor/actress is. Of course I believe that a good voice actor/actress is important to the anime but she is the only one I always notice that it is her doing the voice.

Anime Forum
12-05-2009, 05:30 PM
The voice of Ichigo from Bleach which is also known as the Black Ranger on power rangers! Personally, I hated him til he began doing the show Bleach.

chiizu
12-05-2009, 05:37 PM
For English, it's between Vic Mignogna(Edward Elric) or Aaron Dismuke(Alphonse Elric). They're really nice! And Aaron is very cute.
For Japanese it would be Junko Takeuchi (Naruto). Her voice is amazing!

suzumi
12-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Ishida Akira (Athrun Zala in Gundam SEED/Destiny, Cho Hakkai in Saiyuki, Xellos in Slayers, ect...)

I love him because he has a very flexible voice. And also because his voice makes me melt. =P

Kamiya Hiroshi is also win.

Baka Tenshi
12-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Romi Paku

Berunkasteru
12-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Mamiko Noto tops! She surprised me in Witchblade. From soft and scary Enma Ai to feral Witchblade Masane. Lady's got talent~~

Johnny Yong Bosch for Ichigo Kurosaki. Haven't seen in many other anime but he's got a powerful fighter's voice.

sheenafan1000
12-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Johnny Yong Bosch, Yuri Lowenthal and Crispin Freeman. All gods among voice actors. (IMO)
Still can't believe that Bosch is a power ranger though....*giggles*

Artcell
12-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Japanese:
Hikaru Midorikawa as Tamahome in Fushigi Yuugi.
English:
David Hayter as Tamahome in Fushigi Yuugi.lol
Sam Regal as Shirou Emiya in Fate/stay night.
Grant George as Gilgamesh in Fate/stay night.
Carly McKillip as Sakura in Card captor Sakura.

OtakuInu!!!
12-06-2009, 08:27 AM
Hirano Aya. She has been the seiyuu of Suzumiya Haruhi, & Amane Misa. She is also a great singer.

Bayonetta
12-07-2009, 10:56 AM
Johnny Yong Bosch, Brad Swaile, Michelle Ruff, Wendee Lee and Luci Christian.

Aizen-sama
12-07-2009, 04:23 PM
[quote=Gjallarhorn;2358008]English:

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (Matoko Kusanagi in GitS, Helba in .hack//SIGN, Cornelia in Code Geass, Hilda in Outlaw Star, Julia in Cowboy Bebop)

she did Helba's voice o_______O

ilove Helba's voice its so sexy and has a mature refined flavor to it

John Watson
12-07-2009, 05:45 PM
There's ALOT I like. ♥

English:
Maile Flannigan - Naruto
Yuri Lowenthal - Sasuke
Dave Wittenburg - Kakashi, Solomon
Colleen Clinkenbeard - Yuko Ichihara, Esther Blanchett
Todd Haberkorn - Kimihiro Watanuki
Luci Christian - Ahiru, Hunny-sempai
Vic Mignogna - Edward Elric, Tamaki etc
Aaron Dismuke - Alphonse Elric, Ion Fortuna
Troy Baker - Abel Nightroad
Greg Ayres - Kaoru Hitachiin, Pope Alessandro

Japanese:
Junko Takeuchi - Naruto
Nanae Katou - Ahiru
Naoki Yanagi - Mytho
Suwabe Junichi - Shirogane (sexy voice) ♥
Kamiya Hiroshi - Kengo Asamura

Hanae
12-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Japanese

My all time favourite is Mamoru Miyano (tamaki/OHHC, Riki/Kingdom of hearts, light/deathnote, zero & ichiru/VampireKnight, and Death the Kid/soul eater and that just naming a few lol)

English

Hands down : vic mignogna, vic mignogna and did i forget to mention VIC MIGNOGNA!!!! i love this guys voice to death. (Dark/DNAngel, Edward/FMA, Broly/DBZ----can u imagine sweet edward with the same voice as broly? o_0-- Tamaki/OHHC --giggle, same as Mamoru--Fai/Tsubasa,recently SPIRIT/Souleater and soooooooooo many more)

.Sev
12-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Ha, thats easy. Rie Kugimiya, who voices a lot of my favorite characters. So many that i'm not going to mention all of them...

-Batman-
12-07-2009, 07:40 PM
I sat here trying to find an excuse to say Jennifer Hale, but the closest thing she'd done to Anime was Avatar...
But I'm going to say her anyway.

Also, Claudia Black. Because her voice is sexy. And she did do one anime dub, so she does count.

Also. Grey DeLisle. I can't recall any anime she did, but she did voice Flareup in Revenge of the Fallen, which is based on an anime franchise very loosley, which isn't totally anime since it has a dual origin country, but I'll count her anyway.

Another.
Mark. Freakin'. Hamill.
I'm serious. He's done a part in like...Every Miazaki film dub.
Not to mention...The dude's the Joker for cryin' out loud! Not to mention Fire Lord Ozai!
I mean, he even did Wolverine once.
WOLVERINE! Mark Hamill voiced Wolverine in something. Tell me that's not badassed, just picture wolverine a second....Now picture Mark Hamill talk....Now picture a Jedi Wolverine with lightsabers for claws...It's kind of like that people, It's that. Damn. Awesome.

OH. And Kevin Conroy.
Because...Well hell, He's The Goddamn Batman.

searo
12-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Likes many others have said, Johnny Yong Bosch in terms of dubs. Most notably his Renton, Itsuki, and Lelouch. If I could have somebody narrate my life, he'd definitely be a contender. For Japanese dub, Yuki Miyamura. She's Asuka's VA, and jeeze she does a great job.

Snowscala_Xx
12-09-2009, 12:43 AM
Kugimiya, Rie (nagi from hayate the combat butler, shana from shakugan no shana) hands down. I love her work and see never seize to amaze me. I'm also a fan of yui horie (eri from school rumble, tohru from fruit basket) and Takayama, Minami. (conan from case closed, kiki from kiki's delivery). I'm also a fan of ichinose the guy that plays gokudera from hitman reborn.

ultra_maniac
12-09-2009, 01:42 AM
yuki for ayu in ultra_maniac

zansa
12-09-2009, 01:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHk52RvpOLw

Who can post a better one? huh? I win!

Heinekenrana
12-09-2009, 07:24 PM
My favorite would be Steven Blum. He does the English voice for Mugen (Samurai Champloo), Spike Spiegal (Cowboy Bebop), Darcia (Wolf's Rain), And I'm pretty sure he's Gene Starwind from Outlaw Star.

Actually, Gene Starwind is Bob Buchholz (He was also Beck Gold in Big O). As far as my favorite voice actors, Steve Blum is a definite favorite, as are Kyle Hebert and Todd Haberkorn; Norio Wakamoto, as well.

Necro'lic Enigma
12-09-2009, 08:21 PM
English

Steve Blum - Spike Spiegel's voice acting and also famous for Vincent Valentine's as well and more. Always loved his voice , so much variety.
Wendee Lee - Faye Valentine and i can say , she did voice acting of most of my favorite female anime characters.
Skip Stellrecht - Vicious from Cowboy Bebop , can never forget the voice of the snake eyes.
Briana Palencia - Damn good voice actress she is , soft and so much with feeling her voice is , i mean just too good.
Troy Baker - Lovely cute voice he has >.< (Abel from "Trinity Blood")
Colleen Clinkenbeard - Her voice reminds me of my mother >.> (Esther Blanchett from "Trinity Blood")
Johnny Yong Bosch - Nero from Dmc4 to anime like Bleach , he rocks. \m/

Japanese

Kappei Yamaguchi from Death Note ( voice actor of "L")
Toshiyuki Morikawa from Nana (Anime) (Voice actor of "Takumi Ichinose")

....well thats it. >.>

xx

ElMore
12-10-2009, 04:14 AM
Definently Romi Paku

MangaFanGuy
12-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, Crispin Freeman, Brina Palencia, Colleen Clinkenbeard

Misterex
12-12-2009, 08:41 AM
hmm...

i read in a magazine that every one was sick of Johnny Yong Bosch but clearly thats not the case????

i also like vic mignogna

i also heard he was no good to...

i'm going to stop reading that magazine..LOL!!!

i like many more to

Aizen-sama
12-12-2009, 09:50 AM
personally im sick of johnny,his voice is not that good to me,but watev

Capitán
12-12-2009, 02:26 PM
hmm...

i read in a magazine that every one was sick of Johnny Yong Bosch but clearly thats not the case????

i also like vic mignogna

i also heard he was no good to...

i'm going to stop reading that magazine..LOL!!!

i like many more to

Yeah they just hatin'. They can't do the same stuff with their voices. Johnny doesn't even sound like his "acting" voice in real life. He sounds less cool with his normal voice. I don't know why they are sick of his voice but who cares, its their opinion. I think he as well as many others have good acting voices.

Bulma1017
12-12-2009, 03:24 PM
I would have to say the guy who does: The Voice of:
Spike from Cowboy Bee-bop! I also know he's done alot more voices in many different Animes. This is the only one I can remember on the top of my head right now.

Rolo Vi Britannia
12-13-2009, 03:13 PM
English
Vic Mignogna
Yuri Lowenthal
Michelle Ruff
Johnny Young Bosch
Brad Swaile
Dave Wittenburg
Troy Baker
Steven Jay Blum
Liam O Brien

Japanese
The cast of Code Geass and Persona Trinity Soul. Don't watch Japanese anime to much.

†Amnael†
12-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Kazuya Nakai, he did the voice for Zoro (One Piece) and Mugen (Samurai Champloo).
Totally agree with you. Zoro sounds freakin' awesome and I also liked Kazuya Nakais voice as the one of Zaka from Valkyria Chronicles.

I also like Kappei Yamaguchis for Usopp (One Piece) and Kuma (Persona 4, so cute <3) and Shotaro Morikubos for Kirihara (Prince of Tennis) and Shikamaru (Naruto).

Sachiko_chu
12-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Johnny Yong Bosch - Lelouch and Ichigo
Travis Willingham - Takashi Morinozuka and Roy Mustang
Laura Bailey - Shin Chan and Lust