PDA

View Full Version : Uchiha Sasuske

acamori
01-27-2004, 10:08 PM
i seem to be having one of those periods when i can't think up a good bg to save my life. the chara pic is two screen caps, pieced together and retouched severely, if anyone knows a way to make it look better let me know. anyways, this is what i could come up with, i'm not particularly happy as it is (bg-wise):

Gjallarhorn
01-27-2004, 10:11 PM
i havnt seen naruto, nor do i know the characters, but that wp is cool and good as hell.

MistressPookyChan
01-27-2004, 10:44 PM
it's looks very nice! I like the blend; way mysterious. did you try colors other than teal? Not saying it's bad, just wondering if it could be even better.

acamori
01-27-2004, 10:51 PM
hmm, my brain's not working right tonight.... here's the same but with it going from a dark blue to the turquoise (as it spins, not very noticeable). i think it looks better

oops, might help if i attached the image:

Gjallarhorn
01-27-2004, 10:52 PM
lol, i think u forgot to post the wallpaper :D

ok there it is

MistressPookyChan
01-28-2004, 12:03 AM
How about a grey color? It might fit with the image more.

acamori
01-28-2004, 12:10 AM
ok, well here's a grey with a slight blue (very slight), i'm not sure if i like it more or not....

Morrigana
01-28-2004, 01:01 AM
I think what you may be missing is a nice contrasting color. Perhaps a close-up of the sharingan behind the shuriken. Not necessarily bright red, more a dark scarlet, just to help break up the colors.

So far I really like this wp.

omicron_15
01-28-2004, 01:12 AM
man i forgot about that image, I didnt think he looked like that....very cool pose. Just the quality is really low, yea maybe a sherigen eye thingy but hmm the bg is not working its hard to say becouse the pic...i dont think the black fade looks that good though on the top and buttom. It looks good but it needs some work, sorry i cant sugest anything good.

wizz-o-matic
01-28-2004, 12:57 PM
Prefer the last one with the grey bg!

Yeah, I agree with omicron abut the char, but I realy don't know any sugestions that would work, sorry.

acamori
01-28-2004, 01:23 PM
well, the idea of putting the sharingan in the bg seems like it'd make the bg too busy, i can try it if i can find a decent picture of it (i tried drawing it rather unsucessfully). i know the chara isn't the best quality, but i'm gonna work on it more.

thanks for all the input so far

EternalBlue
01-28-2004, 05:44 PM
You could try to put the sharingan eye between the background shiruken(sp?) and Sasuke, it might work well there.

acamori
01-28-2004, 09:49 PM
it was suggested to me in the forum that i add a bit of fog to the wall, so here's one with fog. and i'm hesitant to put the sharingan in this wall, because sasuke didn't really have it at that point in the show (it hadn't been revealed that he had it) so... yeah

anyways here it is (http://dragonseye.ath.cx/wallpapers/sasuske1.jpg)

EternalBlue
01-28-2004, 10:08 PM
Now now, let's not spoil the anime :D. Hehe I like the fog ^^

omicron_15
01-29-2004, 12:03 AM
man the stupid thing didnt post arg and I wrote alot, ok i suggest you scrap the sharukin in the bg and even the diagnal effect and focus on creating the uchiha clan symbol the circle with the blood dripping off of it, you can snag a picture off of a tv screen cap of his back blow it up and trace over it with the circle / line tool, I dont like your smoke, I would try making a layer of solid grey where you want the smoke to be using the smuge tool to play with the edges to get it where you want, add a layer mask to that smoke layer, then on the mask layer do a cloud render, duplicate this 3 or 4 times, and put a diffrent cloud render on each layer, that then play with the transperencies that should hopefully make a better fog effect, just my suggestion.