PDA

View Full Version : What lurks in the darkness...

Cobra Commander
12-01-2009, 09:12 PM
...of the corners of your mind? Other than the boogey man and an insatiable hunger for wings and beer, of course. Now, a word of warning. While I am not going to give graphic and gory details, this may be inappropriate. If you are easily upset, please do us all a favor and ignore what lies beneath the spoiler tags. My apologies to the mods if this is found to be inappropriate.

I was watching a movie earlier, and because it is definitely not a family-friendly flick, I will not link it. If I were the ratings board, it'd have been rated NC17 or worse, due to extreme content.

Now, it was not an adult movie. Some of you may have seen it. Others, if you'd like to, can PM me and if you're old enough I'll give you the title, etc.

Anyway, it goes something like this. Two guys are generally slackers. One looks unfortunately like Robert Pattinson, but I assure you it wasn't. They skip school one day and go to an abandoned mental hospital to drink beer and be jolly. The explore, and while running from a feral dog, they discover something in the basement.

There's a girl chained up with no clothes on. She appears to be alive. For the sake of speed, she is a zombie. She has no lines. She will bite, though that doesn't come until later. Twilight-boy is freaked out and wants to call the police. The other kid is sick and twisted, and wants to "keep her". You get my meaning - she is chained up - and if you don't get my meaning just forget it. The conflict begins there, with the second boy immediately spiraling into the depths of depravity. Twilight-boy leaves.

Twilight-boy is crushing hard on this redhead who is into a jock. He gets beaten up in typical fashion. All the while he wrestles emotionally with what to do about the zombie girl - the word zombie is never used - first attempting to free her. One of their friends joins in on the sickness, and mouths off. The jocks discover the dead girl, one gets bitten and ultimately dies a gnarly death. Twilight-boy decides the zombie has to die, and resolves to kill her. During this time, the sick friends determine that she's too damaged to keep any longer.

The original friend had beaten her repeatedly, strangled her, and shot her several times, finding it humorous that she didn't really die. They kidnap the other boy's love interest, with the intent that a bite would turn her into their new zombie. Things go wrong, zombie gets free, love interest dies for unknown reason. The zombie has some situational awareness, as she does not attack twilight-boy, as he had shown her compassion.

There is no question that the sick friend is a monster - but the other boy's inaction either to end the situation, free the zombie, or end her suffering show me that he is just as broken. I'm not spoiling the ending, but lets just say that I could call both of them monsters.

That's about as short as I can make the synopsis. I wouldn't call it a great movie, it was actually pretty amateurish. I didn't enjoy it, per se. Rather, I found it unsettling. The horror had little to do with the zombie girl, and everything to do with the darkness that resides within people.

Now that this summary is out of the way, evidently the two boys that star in that movie have some deep, dark desires that were let out. I suspect all of you do, though I don't want any gory or highly detailed scenarios posted. I guess the point is that the film made me think enough to post about it, so it must have done it's job. I don't think my darkest desires are deviant or perverse. I have a list of people I would kill if I could, but I've never had a fantasy about committing rape or torture. Deep down, I don't think I'm even capable of those things. But there's one guy...if I could get away with it, he'd be a dead man. Other than that, my fantasies often involve crime sprees where things are destroyed and I wind up with massive quantities of cash. An integral part of this is that I don't get caught. Being caught is the biggest deterrent to me. I don't want to do something - not because I morally object to it, but because I don't want to be caught and sentenced. If there were no laws, I have no clue what sort of nonsense I'd find myself up to. I think about this stuff when I see horrific crimes on TV too. I can't understand what motivates a rapist, or a child molester. Like any man, I want what a man wants. However, I want to be wanted in return. I get that rape is aggression, rather than sex. I don't understand how someone arrives at that actual moment, though. I guess it's because I'm not truly cruel, that I could not capture and torment another human being [or an animal].

Forgotten Show
12-01-2009, 09:29 PM
I don't see how this can be a remotely appropriate discussion... at all...

Bad Memory

Annie Hall
12-01-2009, 09:39 PM
In order for people to do terrible things to others they have to dehumanize the others.
Hitler didn't see the Jews as humans, so it was naturally easy for him to slaughter them.
At Abu Ghraib they treated the people like dogs (not humans) so that they could gain control and superiority.
It's a mentality that these sorts of people have, some are sociopaths and others just have a really clouded way of viewing certain groups of people.

Cobra Commander
12-01-2009, 10:04 PM
I suppose dehumanizing someone would make it easier to do such things, but I wouldn't know the first thing about how to accomplish that. I get angry with people who abuse their pets, much less their children. Maybe I'm just not built that way...

RaShayRitto
12-01-2009, 10:19 PM
i wanna be in a boy band

there...i said it =x

Forgotten Show
12-01-2009, 10:57 PM
i wanna be in a boy band

there...i said it =x

See what I mean? DO YOU SEE NOW!?

Bad Memory

Cobra Commander
12-01-2009, 11:25 PM
It may well be that this discussion can't happen, and I'm already pretending Rashay didn't say that. I put the spoiler tags and the warning up because I was concerned about it when I posted it - but if it makes people think and respond then it's worth it. I'm sure I'll get yelled at if it ends up getting deleted.

Since we're sharing whacked stuff, my initials are the same as the actor who played the original green Power Ranger. In fact, only our last names are different. Now that's some scary stuff.

Dr. Hax
12-02-2009, 12:05 AM
Bad things happen in the dark...I happen in the dark.

My darkest desire, huh???

Driving to my old hometown again with an paintball gun and ammo so I can drive-by everyone whilst blasting this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ybSmkyDjZI