PDA

View Full Version : [Help - Windows] How to reset my own administrator account .

BYTdot
11-27-2009, 08:06 AM
Like what the title says , Im really desparate to hack my own pc administrator account .

Reason ?

Well , my parents had this user control thingy . Each time I try to install or just update [blah blah] and what not the admin password thingy comes up . Plus , here's a twist . My parents forgot the freaking password .

[I shouldn't go to , too much detail but my 'rents think even photoshop is like bad or something . Just cause its installed in . LMAO . Even they think msn is like bleh . Yeah , totally LMAOS .]

The reason sounds abit LOL-ish , but that is the truth .
Im uber desperate to get the admin password changed or just even get into it . [to change the password or remove the password completely .]

Dani0
11-27-2009, 04:38 PM
If you could just "hack" into the admin accounts on computers, we'd be in some trouble.

Best solution is probably just to guess a lot, or to reinstall.

Eris
11-27-2009, 05:16 PM
If you could just "hack" into the admin accounts on computers, we'd be in some trouble.

Best solution is probably just to guess a lot, or to reinstall.

It's actually pretty trivial to get around the admin account (not that I'll tell you -how-). It keeps computer illiterates out, and delays tech savvy people for a small while. Other than that, it offers little to no protection. It's like the lock on a door. Just because you put a lock on your door doesn't mean a burglar can't bust it open, or break your window and climb in that way.

A key tenant in computer security is that -nothing- can protect against an attacker that has unlimited access to the hardware. It's a theoretical impossibility.

BYTdot
11-28-2009, 01:09 PM
It's actually pretty trivial to get around the admin account (not that I'll tell you -how-). It keeps computer illiterates out, and delays tech savvy people for a small while. Other than that, it offers little to no protection. It's like the lock on a door. Just because you put a lock on your door doesn't mean a burglar can't bust it open, or break your window and climb in that way.

A key tenant in computer security is that -nothing- can protect against an attacker that has unlimited access to the hardware. It's a theoretical impossibility.

In a way Eris , you've giving me a clue somehow .
But for now , Im totally stuck on the situation . It ain't bad but it just means that I can't install for now .

On what you said , I think it means that there are loopholes or ways to "unlocking" or "breaking" in the door . Ya ?

btw's can someone close the thread? thanks .

FlashD
11-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Closed by request.