PDA

View Full Version : [News] Microsoft releases Office 2010 Beta to the public

FlashD
11-18-2009, 04:06 PM
Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 empowers your people to do their best work from more places – whether they’re using a PC, phone or web browser. It can maximize existing investments and help people accomplish more by bringing server capabilities to everyone through familiar and intuitive applications. Office Professional Plus 2010 provides smart, simple, time-saving tools to help everyone do more with less.
If anyone wants to test it, go grab it to this (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/ee390818.aspx) location. ;)

Khanxay
11-18-2009, 10:08 PM
I downloaded it and tried to install it but it failed mid installation. =/ I will probably try again tomorrow.

Eris
11-19-2009, 02:26 AM
Seems like a less portable and accessible version of google docs.

FlashD
11-19-2009, 07:58 AM
I downloaded it and tried to install it but it failed mid installation. =/ I will probably try again tomorrow.
It's still Beta. :P
Try again, maybe you just had something in the memory it didn't like. Remember to read the instructions on the page I linked to in the first post.

My first impression with it is pretty good. Looks simple and works pretty well. From the functionality point of view is pretty close to Word 2007, they've just changed a few buttons and their position on the screen. Below I'm attaching some screen shots. :P

Ruisu(_)Ryou
11-19-2009, 05:54 PM
i had downloaded it yesterday and it all seems to be going fine for me on 32 bit version. On Windows 7 it was all fine but it struggled on my XP so maybe its the beta or microsoft phasing out. The design is very nice and the new icons for the programs grabbed my attention :) which is all good :D. It was able to open my documents ok. Even though its in Beta it seems microsfot are getting their act together! Windows 7 has just worked for me! and this seems promising :)

Khanxay
11-19-2009, 09:49 PM
I got it working. I dunno why it didn't work yesterday.

Honestly, I'm having trouble adjusting to 2010 since I have never used 2007. Oh well, maybe my friend will use it (on a shared pc). I'll stick with Google Documents.