PDA

View Full Version : Guy Beats Mario 3 In 11 Minutes

SGI
01-21-2004, 03:07 AM
This scared me senseless when I saw this video clip, this freak finished Mario 3 in 11 minutes, without losing a single life. I have never seen so much skill in this game.

What a geek....

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/smb3beat-r.html

Eris
01-21-2004, 11:43 AM
It *could* be scripted aswell.

SGI
01-21-2004, 12:55 PM
True, but it is still damn good.

april110
06-27-2004, 04:14 AM
yea i saw the video (not on ebaums though...) and it was so cool and he/she had a lot of lives, but then again he/she did skip levels, but the person who played it, could still probably beat it quick

Rem
06-29-2004, 12:31 AM
i heard that videos a fake like the contra and ikaruga videos

dragoninja
07-27-2004, 10:22 AM
mario 3 ... isnt that the one where he can fly???

wasnt yoshi in that one too? its been awhile

Rem
07-28-2004, 01:03 PM
yeah its a fake and dragonja your sig is way way to big.

Rokoji
08-03-2004, 11:36 AM
DAMN YOU'RE GOOD!!!!! EVEN BETTER THAN ME. i'M SO JEOLOUS. i BEAT IT IN 30 MINS. :angry:

Rem
08-03-2004, 02:37 PM
wouldent get to mad its a fake.

Rokoji
08-04-2004, 01:45 PM
hey i saw you got hit 2 or 3 times you liar.

Rem
08-04-2004, 04:31 PM
what are you talking about?

Regex
08-07-2004, 10:51 AM
It's not really a fake. Basically, the Japanese guy used an emulator, and used save states to get every part perfect. Then he put all the parts of the video together. So it's all possible, however extremely improbable. He's got it all on his site, but it's in Japanese, and i don't remember where the site was anymore.

retro
08-07-2004, 02:15 PM
Roko, SGI didn't do it in 11mins XD

Grim Scythe
12-31-2005, 09:40 PM
:banghead:
i think it happened the vid looks fairly old
my friend thinks the player overclocked the system but then the sound wouldnt sync like it did
i say the player had the game timed he owned all nothing touched him (if you think something did look closer)

does this hurt your eyes? yea mine too

Loljoke
01-02-2006, 06:15 AM
It's not really a fake. Basically, the Japanese guy used an emulator, and used save states to get every part perfect. Then he put all the parts of the video together. So it's all possible, however extremely improbable. He's got it all on his site, but it's in Japanese, and i don't remember where the site was anymore.
There you have it.

Dark Knight Zasz
01-02-2006, 12:31 PM
i saw that long long ago and am still amazed by it even today, if anyone can find an old video of someone in japan playing tetris (at an arcade) on the level HELL, the piece appears then it's on the ground... sick and he got to lvel 18 >.<... but back to the mario, full agreement on the emulation, and we won't truly know how many times he had to restart his state, for all we know it was only a couple of time because were humans people, the more we do one thing the better we get at it... i've beaten 3 in 19 minutes and im an old man :D

Opinionated
01-02-2006, 01:14 PM
If you watch reruns of Cinematech on G4TTV you can catch nerds beating the orginal LoZ in about half and hour. NERD POWER GO! <.< >.>

pyrothunder336
01-02-2006, 01:34 PM
its not that hard really. i beat it in around 21 minutes so im not really that surprised

harakiri
01-02-2006, 01:50 PM
u got a good point...

LittleMomo
01-02-2006, 02:37 PM
What I'm thinking right now is that he's good or he just cheated......I don't know about you guys, but this is my opinion.

Darth Tyranus
01-02-2006, 03:03 PM
wasnt yoshi in that one too? its been awhile
No super wario world for the snes was the first mario game yoshi was in.

Grim Scythe
01-06-2006, 08:24 PM
:banghead:if it is soooo easy to do it then i want to see someone to do it with the exact methods stated in the qoute above:banghead:
WITH PROOF of some sort in the video:banghead:
i admit you make points:banghead:
i just dont say they are good:banghead:
i still think the video is real, the player had it timed:banghead:
also i would like to see this japanese site you speak of

Storm Strife
01-07-2006, 06:28 AM
:banghead:if it is soooo easy to do it then i want to see someone to do it with the exact methods stated in the qoute above:banghead:
WITH PROOF of some sort in the video:banghead:
i admit you make points:banghead:
i just dont say they are good:banghead:
i still think the video is real, the player had it timed:banghead:
also i would like to see this japanese site you speak of The guy didn't say that it was easy, neither did he say that it was fully fake. I have to agree with Member Name on this one. As for the timer, I think he may have added that after he put the video together.

Oh, and how is he going to show you the link to the japanese website if he can't remember where it is?

The Wing Man
01-08-2006, 10:18 PM
That is pretty funny actully.

NARUTO_AND_SAKURA
01-09-2006, 06:47 PM
Still it was very good.

BobDaDuck
01-13-2006, 09:59 AM
Well even if there was an emulator....if emulating is officially 'cheating' here's one
http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=9075

it's not quite as fun as the original...but it's still good, the site has lots of speed runs....on lots of different games...the craziest one one there I believe is the mario 2...but that'sj ust my opinion...*shrugs* oh and hi by the way I'm new to the forum :)

[Super Mario]
01-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Gasp =o

Dr Iz
01-13-2006, 08:56 PM
I think he did cheat, a few times he did get hit and take no damage, also he fires at least two fireballs in one. So he had a few hacks in, but his timing is still insane, I'll give him that much. It might've taken him like 13 minutes if not for that ^.^

Grim Scythe
01-15-2006, 04:32 AM
I think he did cheat, a few times he did get hit and take no damage, also he fires at least two fireballs in one. So he had a few hacks in, but his timing is still insane, I'll give him that much. It might've taken him like 13 minutes if not for that ^.^

what hacks?? if you look closer he just misses the enemies
i watched it a few timeshttp://animeforum.com/images/smilies/banghead.gif

animeglobe
01-15-2006, 04:56 AM
hmm that is pretty good ....but he probably did ..or whatever. but i think he cheated.because i tried to do something like that but it just didn't work *sighs*

TodayIsMine
01-15-2006, 06:22 AM
I've seen this before...my brother showed me. There were no hacks back then...that's SNES, you couldn't hack with that. The reason he beat it in 11 minutes was because he's jsut really really good. He wasn't hit once and he must've tapped the B button quite quickly to fire 2 balls at a time...

This guy probably played that game everyday, all day, until he found the easiest and quickest ways to beat it.

anarchy714
01-15-2006, 08:23 AM
what if there really isn't a japanese site that has it, he could be lieing:ninja: :ninja: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Edit: oops wrong thread lol

iernt8
01-15-2006, 09:40 PM
thats crazy cause i know he didnt use hacks

NappaMan
01-16-2006, 06:31 AM
Whether it is real or not, the video is still fun to watch

snoop dogg
01-20-2006, 04:43 PM
if you really did prove it do it again