10-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Pandora Hearts
Japanese name: Pandora Hatsu
Studio: XEBEC
Aired: April 2, 2009 - September 25, 2009
Tv Series, 25 epsiodes
Genre: Fantasy, Action, Comedy

Plot Synopsis:
For years, Oz Vessalius has been told that The Abyss is a dark, scary place of no return. Oz has been taking this all as a joke and an excuse that his uncle used to get them to listen to him. But now Oz is finding out that the stories are real. On the night of his coming-of-age ceremony, a group called Baskervilles throws Oz into the Abyss hoping he will die. While in the Abyss, he meets a "chain" named Alice and contracts with her so they can escape as long as Oz helps her find her memories. Now 10 years later, Oz, Alice, and Gilbert (his servant) set out to find Alice's memories and learn more about the truth behind the Baskerville's motives while not getting killed by them.

Art and Animation: 8.5/10
Well it's pretty average graphics for anime. In quite a few scenes it looks like they took it straight from the manga and just animated it. The movements are nice and don't lag, but I can't really say that this animation is really original in it's own kind. Like I said before, the animation is just like any other anime really.

Story: 9/10
This story is quite similar Alice and Wonderland but it adds its own twist to it. I personally like the story because I haven't seen one like it. It doesnt have the usual betrayal of a best friend (sorry to ruin it for you), but it focuses on task with some funny scenes in it.

Voice Acting/Music: 9.8/10
I love the music in this anime. It's so beautiful yet attention grabbing at the same time. The music always matches the mood and they dont make the music so loud to where you can barely hear what the characters are saying. For voice acting, I really like the voices. They don't make the guys sound like wimpy pathetic characters who can't do anything for themselves (except for young Gil, but he's only there for one or two episodes).

Characters: 9/10
I love the main character. He starts out as a rich kid who really has no clue about some of the events going on, but he then progresses to be a stronger character with a much better personality. He's easy going and laid back and often adds humor to the show, but he sometimes has a dark side that sends chills up your spine. Alice can get on your nerves sometimes, but she is vital to the plot. Out of all the characters, I'd say her personality changes the most. She starts out as a conceited brat who only cares about herself, but she ends up caring about other people more although she's still conceited. The character that doesn't really change much (except for appearance) is Gilbert. Although I absolutely love Gil as much as Oz, he just doesn't change as much as the other two.

Overall: 8.9/10
Although I preferred the manga over the anime, the anime was really nice to watch. It's not the best anime I've watched, but it is definitely towards the top. I would recommend this anime if you like fantasy with a mixture of comedy.

noelynn1995900
07-14-2010, 12:24 PM
I love this anime.

Break: Your a meanie!! *laying on top of table, kicking it*

SanctieticAsylum
08-07-2010, 08:28 PM
I really like the art and style of this anime! It was very original! THe only part I was disappointed with was that it broke away from the manga and kind of rushed the ending. The manga is much mortre intellectual and mysterious. I felt that the ending of the anime was kind of rushed but all in all it was a very good show and wish there could be a season 2!!!

~OTAKYU~
01-06-2014, 12:01 AM
DAT ENDING

-.- all i can say I WANT MORE!

SPOILER ALERT!

who would have known that xai was a baskerville