PDA

View Full Version : MMO Recommendations?

Lady Sayuri
10-21-2009, 08:30 AM
I'm looking for a new mmo to play. I used to play Ragnarok Online for the pc but I just can't get into it anymore. Alot of people tell me to play WoW...but I dunno. Can anyone recommend any good ones?:unsure:

-Batman-
10-21-2009, 03:47 PM
What sort of subject matter are you a fan of?
Fantasy? Sci-Fi? Super Heroes? Extremely cute things?

Lady Sayuri
10-21-2009, 04:44 PM
I like fantasy, Super Heroes and the cutsy girlie stuff. ><

-Batman-
10-22-2009, 03:03 AM
Fantasy?
Warcraft is fine, I just got sick of it for playing it so long (Three Years). Started up again.

I hear Aion is good if you like that grindin thing.

Super Heroes?
Champions Online, if you really like Supers, and even then I'd wait a few more weeks for there to be actual content.

DC Universe. Not out yet, don't even know the release date, but it'll be free to play.

Lady Sayuri
10-22-2009, 07:10 PM
I think I might start WoW. Does it really suck your life away like everyone says?

-Batman-
10-22-2009, 10:46 PM
I think I might start WoW. Does it really suck your life away like everyone says?

Short answer?

Yes, if you let it.

RaShayRitto
10-22-2009, 11:42 PM
Short answer?

Yes, if you let it.

but the same goes for any MMO, really. If you think you are someone who is prone to MMO addiction then its best to either stay away or strictly monitor your usage. Some people lose their lives to MMO addiction but can still enjoy those games after recovering by playing in moderation

Lady Sayuri
10-23-2009, 07:03 PM
but the same goes for any MMO, really. If you think you are someone who is prone to MMO addiction then its best to either stay away or strictly monitor your usage. Some people lose their lives to MMO addiction but can still enjoy those games after recovering by playing in moderation

I love games but I just don't see how you can be so addicted to a game that it sucks you away from life.

Anyway, thanks for the info! :D

Cantelope
10-29-2009, 08:57 AM
I love games but I just don't see how you can be so addicted to a game that it sucks you away from life.

Anyway, thanks for the info! :D
It's because WoW is very well crafted in the sense that you will 100% get a return as long as you invest time. There's rep grinding, there's honor farming, there's daily quests for income, professions, and even raiding over and over again until you complete a set of gear.

There's always a return on SOMETHING no matter how much time you sink into the game (unlike other MMOs), and it's easy to lose yourself trying to get that new piece of loot, setting aside outrageous hours to raid/do everything else in the game that you actually enjoy.

Inactive Account 0061
10-29-2009, 11:34 AM
Tho WoW just gets to boring once you ding 80 and been hc raiding.. Then there's nothing left to do really.

zariachi
11-21-2009, 01:54 PM
Tho WoW just gets to boring once you ding 80 and been hc raiding.. Then there's nothing left to do really.

Don't forget that is why they upgrade it.Soon it will be updtaed to level 90,100,and so on.Eventually there will be to many expansion packs,in my opinion.They should just make updates free.

01-03-2010, 07:22 AM
Wow a former Ragnarok Player? Right on girl! ^^
I havent played RO in a loong time but they came up with the new free-to-play valkyrie server so i thought i'd delve in to midgard once more. It depends on which type of mmo player u fall into. The hardcore gamer would go for WoW or Aion. It has that quality that draws mmo gamers. If you like just plain fun with cutesy stuff you could go for Dragonica or Granado Espada. League of Legends looks pretty good too.

nobimed3
01-04-2010, 01:32 AM
Wow a former Ragnarok Player? Right on girl! ^^
I havent played RO in a loong time but they came up with the new free-to-play valkyrie server so i thought i'd delve in to midgard once more. It depends on which type of mmo player u fall into. The hardcore gamer would go for WoW or Aion. It has that quality that draws mmo gamers. If you like just plain fun with cutesy stuff you could go for Dragonica or Granado Espada. League of Legends looks pretty good too.

you plays dragonica too? in what server? i'm on kaye and i ussually plays on channel 2..

try xile ro.. www.xilero.net
i'm at PK server.

01-04-2010, 01:42 PM
ouhhh well i used to play dragonica then i stopped because there wasnt anyone else playing with me. And i played on elga server T_T
Its fun isnt it? It's a whole lot better than maple that's for sure. I'm glad you're playing it.

Mr. Panda
01-04-2010, 05:59 PM
You should totally try Hidden-RO if you want to try out a new RO-server. That's a pretty cool server.

Super Heroes?
Champions Online, if you really like Supers, and even then I'd wait a few more weeks for there to be actual content.

DC Universe. Not out yet, don't even know the release date, but it'll be free to play.

I'm interested. :o How good are those games?

Shida12
02-04-2010, 09:21 PM
You should play Luna Online its a pretty cute game and real fun to play and the learning curve is little to nothing. Also theres CloudNine and although theres still bugs the GM's seem to be trying to work out everything ^^.

Vyndrasta
02-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Don't forget that is why they upgrade it.Soon it will be updtaed to level 90,100,and so on.Eventually there will be to many expansion packs,in my opinion.They should just make updates free.

I wish I can tell you guys so much what Blizzard Entertainment have in store for WoW in 2011 but I can't! I'm so close to spilling secrets but rather not. xD

But you are right though. Just wait for it. =)
Kaplan will surprise everyone.

Zandan
03-02-2010, 02:22 PM
I would suggest Perfect World, it has a very detailed character customization process so you can make a very girly type person. The graphics are very good as well, especially for a F2P game. Many people call it a WoW clone though I'll admit you can probably do a lot more in WoW.

chocomallows
03-18-2010, 02:19 AM
I'm still playing Ragnarok online.hmmm cuteness try Flyff or Luminary almost all mobs are too cute to kill lol

Lily Rock
03-18-2010, 02:27 AM
WoW IS addictive, i were stuck on that for like two years, then i just left, if you wanna stop play, don't but any gamecards, if you ever play. :P

WoW is pretty sucky, i used to play (LOLROFLHUNTERCOPTERWTFWTF!!) it, but i hit 80, and, all were achievment idiots, if you didn't have achievment, but know tactics and had the right armors/weapons/damage/healing/"tanking", they didn't want you in the group.
WoW = retarded cause of Wrath of the Lich King and cause of Achievments.

Vyndrasta
03-18-2010, 04:18 AM
WoW IS addictive, i were stuck on that for like two years, then i just left, if you wanna stop play, don't but any gamecards, if you ever play. :P

WoW is pretty sucky, i used to play (LOLROFLHUNTERCOPTERWTFWTF!!) it, but i hit 80, and, all were achievment idiots, if you didn't have achievment, but know tactics and had the right armors/weapons/damage/healing/"tanking", they didn't want you in the group.
WoW = retarded cause of Wrath of the Lich King and cause of Achievments.

I can relate.
I've been playing since 2004, with an on again off again relationship with that game. I finally got stuck for good. @_@
Come Cataclysm we will blow your mind!
Sucky part is....you have to wait. =)

Lily Rock
03-18-2010, 05:09 AM
Goddamnit, i won't pay 400 hundred for that(swedish kronor), i saving for drums.
Cataclysm doesn't look good, TBC were really great, if you count out that i were level 66 when Wrath got out.

Also, i gonna delete my account cause i don't want to have it anymore, and more the less, sell i can't...

Vyndrasta
03-21-2010, 10:54 PM
Cataclysm doesn't look good, TBC were really great, if you count out that i were level 66 when Wrath got out.

Also, i gonna delete my account cause i don't want to have it anymore, and more the less, sell i can't...

The Burning Crusade took it's toll when players didn't like the world PVP on epic flyers or regular flyers alone (Halaa and all PVP realms). I personally believe it didn't kill PVP over all.

We have seen a trend per major patch days that players will continue to keep coming back to wow because of new updates. It tells us that our player are curious and interested of the new availabilities we provide. Then after a good 4-5 months or so we see a decline of accounts/players logging on.

When the Wrath of the Lich King came out, you must have noticed that all servers were packed and we were forced to create 18 new servers, even some having a free server transfer from a high populated server to a lower/newer server. 12.2 million and counting!

But it's sad to see you leave the Blizzard community.

Oh and, even though you may already had sold your account to someone, that's already a big sign of that account being compromised. You post that sort of info on the actual Blizzard forums and other GMs will all over it! lol

Lily Rock
03-22-2010, 01:30 AM
I have not sold my acc lol, i don't even have the CD-Key left, it's gone, also the game cards.
I left WoW cause achievments is a screwup, also that players is MUCH MORE picky and annoying. : P

Vyndrasta
03-22-2010, 01:43 AM
I have not sold my acc lol, i don't even have the CD-Key left, it's gone, also the game cards.
I left WoW cause achievments is a screwup, also that players is MUCH MORE picky and annoying. : P

Even if you bought the game pack (CD-key + Instructional Booklet) ?
Oh that sucks. Sadly we can't do anything about that. :(

And to the record, I don't know -exactly- why the achievements were even created in the first place. I can't give you a definite answer there.

Prior being a GM, as a regular player gear score + achievements were utterly ridiculous imo. I understood why they are important. No one wants to deal with unexperienced and low geared players when trying to put together a 10-man Ice Crown Citadel pug.

Lily Rock
03-22-2010, 01:51 AM
i used to pug naxx when it came(when i got 80 ofc), with blue gear, cause they were abit bad geared to, it did go smooth, but on the time, the best guilds started to gear up faster, then some times pug, all got better gear, while some aren't online at the "night" or their "day", so it's just stupid, anyhow, i quit cause i don't wanna pay more in the month, i rather let my dad save more money per 2 month.
But the point is, achievments MAKES hate, some players who has not achievment for it, will just be ignored.

Vyndrasta
03-22-2010, 01:57 AM
i used to pug naxx when it came(when i got 80 ofc), with blue gear, cause they were abit bad geared to, it did go smooth, but on the time, the best guilds started to gear up faster, then some times pug, all got better gear, while some aren't online at the "night" or their "day", so it's just stupid, anyhow, i quit cause i don't wanna pay more in the month, i rather let my dad save more money per 2 month.
But the point is, achievments MAKES hate, some players who has not achievment for it, will just be ignored.

Yeah the pricing sucks though. That I will not lie. :banghead:

Lily Rock
03-22-2010, 02:37 AM
Also it occupied my personal life, guilds that ran when i weren't able to, i got kicked for ONE mistake, and i did MUCH to that guild.

EDIT: I have also re-installed the whole computer(for any weeks ago), so every WoW files and that is gone, cba get a game card and re-install it...

Vocalise
03-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Ever heard of S4 league? If not you should check it out. Its an anime inspired 3d shooter. It has cutesy stuff in it for your characters.

Cantelope
03-24-2010, 12:23 AM
Ever heard of S4 league? If not you should check it out. Its an anime inspired 3d shooter. It has cutesy stuff in it for your characters.

I had a blast with this game, but wow, the rooms are deserted once you go past level 10.

cherrypopwizkid
03-24-2010, 03:07 AM
I play Maple Story. It takes a lot of slack because of its grinding and simplistic game play, but I don't know why I just really like it.

Its free and its not a huge download so you might try it. Its a 2-d side scrolling action rpg / platformer with very cutsey anime style graphics.

Rune
03-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Play Mabinogi if you ever get the chance.. It's awesome. <3

chocomallows
03-25-2010, 01:52 AM
I played wow but i just tried it borrowed the account from my bf and stop it for like 2 months

GameGeeks
03-25-2010, 02:05 AM
I play Maple Story. It takes a lot of slack because of its grinding and simplistic game play, but I don't know why I just really like it.

Its free and its not a huge download so you might try it. Its a 2-d side scrolling action rpg / platformer with very cutsey anime style graphics.

Yeah, that's one reason I don't play too many MMOs. I hate the grind. WoW is one of the worst offenders for this. I wouldn't mind playing a game like Star Wars Galaxies pre CU. That game was amazing until they decided to "upgrade" the combat and make it x-box accessible. They lost 95% of their player base. If they hadn't done that, it'd probably have surpassed WoW or at least be its biggest rival.

Vyndrasta
03-27-2010, 02:08 AM
There is a love/hate relationship to all MMOs.
I love it, I don't.
I'll never stop playing GuildWars, I've stopped playing Guild Wars, NOW I'm back to playing guild wars.
I'll never uninstall my WoW, I've uninstalled my WoW.

Man I've heard it all.

GameGeeks
03-27-2010, 02:15 AM
Who hasn't heard it all who has been on the MMO scene for a decent amount of time. I just wish I could find a decent MMO that wasn't all about the grind. I'd like to play with people but instead I'm stuck in the newbie area killing the same things over and over just to reach level 20. My ideal mmo is one that tones down the grind or at least does a good job of covering it up. Take SWG, it had no end game yet on a maxed out character there was still plenty to do. There actually felt like there was a community. I never found an mmo that achieved what that game did. I only hope the new SW mmo isn't a disappointment.

Vyndrasta
03-27-2010, 02:22 AM
I just wish I could find a decent MMO that wasn't all about the grind. I'd like to play with people but instead I'm stuck in the newbie area killing the same things over and over just to reach level 20. ....

My ideal mmo is one that tones down the grind or at least does a good job of covering it up. T

Yeah, but in the mean time were all stuck with what's available out in the market. =/

GameGeeks
03-27-2010, 02:24 AM
Yeah, SWtOR looks like it might change that.

Inactive Account 0061
03-27-2010, 04:42 PM
APB <3. Not out yet but it's AWESOME (I'm in the CB though can't tell you directly about the game) www.apb.com There's no grinding in it. Mainly group and pvp based action :) Though it's 18+

The Butcher
03-27-2010, 05:48 PM
AQ Worlds,very fun game,plus it's funny.

Ever heard of Artix?They made Adventure Quest,Mech Quest,Dragonfable,and Warp Force.AQ Worlds is their first MMO.

GameGeeks
03-27-2010, 06:01 PM
Tried browser based MMOs before, it just seemed like it your own little world.

Vyndrasta
03-28-2010, 04:16 AM
Tried browser based MMOs before, it just seemed like it your own little world.

As in youre the only one playing on that server?
That is one lonely world....

GameGeeks
03-28-2010, 09:15 AM
Yeah, and it is. I think AQ was even one of the ones I tried. Plus I think their coins are a bit too expensive.

orin25
04-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Play Mabinogi if you ever get the chance.. It's awesome. <3
mabinogi is awsome :3 I've only had my account for about 3 months :o

chocomallows
04-08-2010, 11:07 PM
browser based mmo??? like what?

Gero50
04-20-2010, 05:32 PM
I have played Guild Wars and WOW and liked them both. The nice thing about Guild Wars is that it is free to play online all you need to pay for is upgrades and new versions. Wow is both upgrades and a monthly fee.
I have also played Rune Scape that is free but you can pay for it to get more features. I suggest trying WOW if you can pa because there s more things to do then then the others.

Zedekiah
04-22-2010, 12:17 PM
The Kingdom of Loathing (http://www5.kingdomofloathing.com/login.php?loginid=946c4b1e02fa431999e28b54d6156a47 ) if you don't want to spend money.

WoW if you do.

GameGeeks
04-22-2010, 12:22 PM
WoW is horribly repetitive. Even at end game. All you do is go here and collect/kill X number of this. At end game it's nothing but raids or battle grounds. I hate PvP and I have better things to do then spend hours doing a raid hoping for the next gear upgrade that has a .04% chance of dropping. Besides that, it has one of the worst communities I have ever seen.

Cantelope
04-22-2010, 09:41 PM
WoW is horribly repetitive. Even at end game. All you do is go here and collect/kill X number of this. At end game it's nothing but raids or battle grounds. I hate PvP and I have better things to do then spend hours doing a raid hoping for the next gear upgrade that has a .04% chance of dropping. Besides that, it has one of the worst communities I have ever seen.

Sounds like you hate all MMOs.

GameGeeks
04-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Nah, just WoW and its clones. I've played plenty of MMO's that didn't feel repetitive. SWG, Megaten and Anarchy Online are three such examples.

Zedekiah
04-23-2010, 05:07 AM
Nah, just WoW and its clones. I've played plenty of MMO's that didn't feel repetitive. SWG, Megaten and Anarchy Online are three such examples.

I must have missed something there, 'cause the miles in-between "quests" and the same ol' missions with nothing but randomized lay-outs weren't exactly teasing my mind.

Still enjoyed both games, but like Zero Punctuation once said. WoW, and all other MMORPGs, consists of grinding and spiders.

Condey
04-23-2010, 08:16 AM
Heres a reccomendation. Don't play MMO's; your social life, wallet and personal hygene will thank you. :P

Believe me those are the first casualties of the life-consuming genre.

But if you HAVE to... Then play Dark Age of Camelot. :x

chocomallows
04-24-2010, 06:45 AM
tones of Wow clones, better go for anime types like ro or lumi or trick

Bad Ensure
05-17-2010, 09:48 PM
I like, Dream Of Mirror Online. It's a nice little anime mmo.

CrimsonMoon
05-27-2010, 06:51 AM
Talisman Online is a good game and it doesn't require too much space. Also, Fly For Fun has good graphics but I have yet to play his one. Just heard that it's good.

Shori Kuchiki
06-21-2010, 05:07 PM
There are 2 games that I'm addicted to, which is Ragnarok Online and TalesWeaver. You can also give Trickster, MapleStory and La Tale a try too.

Kylesico912
07-31-2010, 01:25 AM
You could try Final Fantasy XIV -online- That comes out in september. Looks like a good MMO.