PDA

View Full Version : PS3 or XBox360?

vitadellajan
10-19-2009, 05:45 AM
I am thinking of buying one of them but i dont know which one to get. I am used to the plastation paddles. I know Xbox has Halo which is a plus for that. But I also want to use it as a computor in my bedroom. So which ever one is better at online. Just give me your reasons why you like one of them.

-Batman-
10-19-2009, 06:11 AM
Based on your needs I'd suggest a Playstation 3, if only for the web browser you desire, as the 360 lacks a real web browser of it's own.
Online play is more or less the same on both quality wise from what I've come to notice.

The only other real thing to consider is gaming library, which you'll have to decide on yourself based on personal tastes.

RaShayRitto
10-19-2009, 03:00 PM
you can also instal linux on ps3 and switch between the linux OS and the ps3 OS. note that the new ps3 slim models dont support this feature.

and like batman said, look at the exclusives on each console and decide based on your taste in games

Teddy2116
10-19-2009, 03:04 PM
I'll add something to this... If you're a frat boy that has a handful of friends that like to get together and play vidja games go with the 360, but if you're a true hardcore solo gamer go with the ps3.

I like both, tho I tend to like the 360 more cause I'm big on PVP(BOOM another scurb down) but looking at the way you're acting towards the ps3 I'd say go for that.

Bulf
10-19-2009, 03:46 PM
I think you should save 100bucks, and get a Wii. if not, then go for the PS3; they give you a wider variety of games for your money.

-Batman-
10-19-2009, 04:36 PM
I think you should save 100bucks, and get a Wii. if not, then go for the PS3; they give you a wider variety of games for your money.

Not entierly true. I'd actually be willing to bet the 360 has a bit more exclusive wise, if only for the year lead it had over the PS3.

*Tsuki*
10-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Personally, I'd say the PS3.
But, I'm saying that because I hate the Xbox in general.
There shall be no Xbox in my home.
*hugs her PS3*

Teddy2116
10-19-2009, 04:49 PM
Personally, I'd say the PS3.
But, I'm saying that because I hate the Xbox in general.
There shall be no Xbox in my home.
*hugs her PS3*

Fine then I wont bring my 360 so I can school you in halo lol

Back to the topic... Now thinking over the systems... it all depends on your lifestyle.

ZenErik
10-19-2009, 04:57 PM
I think the PS3 would fulfill your needs very well. A lot of good points were already mentioned. I can't vouch for it being BETTER than a 360 because I don't own a 360, but it's a great machine.

Personally, I seem to play a lot of JRPGs and games from Japanese developers in general. This is why I chose the PS3 in the first place, as well as PS1 and PS2 in the past. If you think Halo is that big a deal, than perhaps you should get a 360 or even get both systems if you ever have that much cash for videogames.

Ryuuzaki HD
10-19-2009, 05:11 PM
I also want to use it as a computor in my bedroom.
I'm not sure why you would consider either if you want a computer go for a gaming PC.

RexCars
10-19-2009, 06:09 PM
I find myself playing my 360 more than my PS3.

Although, it is hard to deny the bonus of playing online for free on the PS3 vs. paying for Xbox Live.

If I had to pick one, I might go with the PS3.

Plus, if you got the HD capabilities, the Blu-ray player is a darned good bonus.

SigmaSD
10-19-2009, 08:30 PM
This has PS3 written all over it. Though the internet is a bit slower than actually having it on a pc, it still works pretty well. Though not if you plan on typing a lot (which then you would have to buy that keyboard thingie).

Most games for the 360 are also for the PS3, but you should still check out the repertoire for the games that are console specific just to be sure.

RaShayRitto
10-20-2009, 12:15 AM
I'll add something to this... If you're a frat boy that has a handful of friends that like to get together and play vidja games go with the 360, but if you're a true hardcore solo gamer go with the ps3.

I like both, tho I tend to like the 360 more cause I'm big on PVP(BOOM another scurb down) but looking at the way you're acting towards the ps3 I'd say go for that.

the online multiplayer is no less active on ps3 than 360, actually. at least on the MP games i play (cod4, killzone2, uncharted2, demons souls, little big planet, any shooting game) and always find it filled to the brim with people to pwn.

that said. if you like the idea of playing online with people you already know, then its a good idea to consider what consoles THEY have.

kayacamilla
10-20-2009, 10:03 AM
I did own a 360 til it died thanks to the red ring. I'm stuck with my Wii and PS3, so far the PS3 has been worth it. The 360 did have some nice exclusives at the start but for this year not that great anymore. On the online side if you don't feel like paying to play online then the PS3 is the way to go plus the online play for the PS3 exclusives has been great so far and I bet it will improve down the road. Right now I'm sucked in Uncharted 2 and IMO aside from the reviews, this game alone is enough to buy a PS3.

I do hope you pick the right choice for you, after all this is an investment.

-Batman-
10-20-2009, 01:29 PM
I did own a 360 til it died thanks to the red ring.

You know Microsoft has a warranty for the red ring and they cover the shipping and stuff, and it's fixed in a week, right? You don't pay a dime.
Even if it's not in warranty anymore, they still fix it out of embarassment for their factory defect. Mine was about 4 months out of warranty and they still fixed it and covered all the shipping, didn't pay a thing.

Unrested
10-21-2009, 01:45 AM
well in japan the ps3 sold here is region free for games, bluerays, and dvds...massive plus! xbox360 can only play games in japanese....now i can read and speak japanese but can i understand it in games? most times no. i.e. military japanese in metal gear or racing japanese in racing games makes little to no sense to me. i bought yakuza and that game quickly taught me that just because i have studied the langauge for 3 years doesnt mean i understand the langauge in every situation. yamaguchi clans speak way different from street bosozoku and uyoku. that sucked trying to understand.

RaShayRitto
10-21-2009, 02:22 AM
well in japan the ps3 sold here is region free for games, bluerays, and dvds...massive plus! xbox360 can only play games in japanese....now i can read and speak japanese but can i understand it in games? most times no. i.e. military japanese in metal gear or racing japanese in racing games makes little to no sense to me. i bought yakuza and that game quickly taught me that just because i have studied the langauge for 3 years doesnt mean i understand the langauge in every situation. yamaguchi clans speak way different from street bosozoku and uyoku. that sucked trying to understand.

all PS3's and PS3 software are region-free. pretty handy if you wanna import games not available in the west. before demons souls came to america most people just imported it since the asian version had english language as an option

kayacamilla
10-21-2009, 11:33 AM
You know Microsoft has a warranty for the red ring and they cover the shipping and stuff, and it's fixed in a week, right? You don't pay a dime.
Even if it's not in warranty anymore, they still fix it out of embarassment for their factory defect. Mine was about 4 months out of warranty and they still fixed it and covered all the shipping, didn't pay a thing.

I know about that but I just decided to let it go since I already got hooked on the PS3. It's sort of a good thing too, because it lessens my gaming expenses and I get to manage my time more.

Thanks for reminding thou, Maybe at some point I'll have a reason to get it fixed!

dadan
10-26-2009, 12:12 PM
i personally recommend ps3 because you can play here online for free unlike with xbox you have to pay. but still sometime i play xbox with my friends

Aizen-sama
10-26-2009, 06:23 PM
hmm honestly i cant pick one or the other both have games that i want equally but to me either are better than the other to me the ps2 is still on top of all,i only have to 2 games for my 360 and ps3 becuase thats all i want those console just dont hav anything that interst me yet,well at least this yer they dont

Jiansword95
10-26-2009, 08:31 PM
I personally prefer the playstation 3, Although the X-box controller feels more comfortable to me you get much more for your money like A blu-ray player, an abilty to hook it up to your psp(if you have one), and a longer lifespan. although if you like anime games you're out of luck as the ps3 and x-box have very, very little anime games for them.

Plus you dont have to pay for online.

I say PS3

Diocletian
10-26-2009, 08:42 PM

Whatever you do don't pay attention to this guy. The Wii is full of games that have little to no enjoyment.

Like Teddy said, if you're a guy with a boat load of friends to smack talk over Xbox live, get an Xbox. If you're a solo guy who wants to be able to keep up in places like Video Game forums, get a PS3.

febsampen
10-30-2009, 05:22 AM
i would go for the ps3 for these reasons: It has built in wifi so you wouldn't need to connect it directly to an Ethernet cable if you have a wireless router. The PSN (playstation Network) is free to all playstation owners, and is great for online play. also the psn has the playstation store which is great for downloading free demos, videos, trailers, wallpapers and themes and psn games which only cost you little. Go and search more on the internet, many websites should have discounts in xmas time.