PDA

View Full Version : Post Counter

demonplight
01-18-2004, 11:52 PM
I was looking at the threads, and I saw a mod, i saw the she/he had about 4000 post I didnt think any thing of it, so I moved on, Today I saw another mod and he/she had about the same amount, so I clicked on the name, and looked at their stats, for example Ace has 11455 post 53.65% of the total right, well whe you look at most active you see 110 post in misc forum, and that thats 58% of his total post meaning that that acording to my math (110/A)=(.56/1) so A=196.428. what is wrong with my math?

Ollie
01-19-2004, 12:04 AM
um...those posts and threads were old so they were deleted but this doesn't affect post count?

Same at other forums. *shrug*

demonplight
01-19-2004, 12:07 AM
I dont think so because I think It happened over night

MistressPookyChan
01-19-2004, 12:13 AM
a lot of those posts come from tuxedomask.com, another website that is part of the AG family. the forum names were recently put together so the post counts of the two forums were put together.

Kaitou Ace
01-19-2004, 01:36 AM
yup, PookyChan is correct ^_^;
See, tuxedomask.com has had a forum for quite a bit now, if you were paying attention to the announcments made, the forums were merged. So people who had names on both forums, had the post counts merged. Same thing with AnimeGalleries.Net. And since some people, myself included were on all the forums, pretty much since their start, the post counts tend to add up O_o;

Personaly though, I can't see any reason to even monitor that O_o; I mean it's one thing to see if someone has been around/active by seeing if they have a realtively high post count, but it's another to constantly worry about it, and check up on the post counts of others. I mean if you are that worried about it, you can talk to Chii, till your post count makes you feel all proper O_o;

On the other hand, I could give myself a million and a half posts if I was bored enough O_o; (can't honestly believe that it's the fourth time he has to explain this, and may just do that)

demonplight
01-19-2004, 02:01 AM
Its not that I worry about others, its just that I saw that number, and I was like damn. So I looked at the numbers, and damn stat makes me do the math on instenct, so I noticed it didnt add up, so I had to ask. and I dont spam to bulk up my rating, I think the Chii thing is cute but I only talk to it out of boardum, and sheer entertainment when I was so stupid to think it was a human behind the type, then bam i felt as dumb as dog poo.

wizz-o-matic
01-19-2004, 05:58 AM
Yeah, I know, I was also shocked when I saw that Ace have acumulated so many counts :D I still remember that he had about 200 post on this forum before :D

.:Tsukimi Ayana:.
01-19-2004, 08:59 AM
Your right.But, Ace also registered on Tuxy.So his most account merged with AG.com and Tuxy(plus AG.net I think).And this is whatcha get when these merge together.