PDA

View Full Version : What were you like in school?

Mavericker
10-17-2009, 03:01 PM
When I was in high school I was bookish and nerdy-I was interested in my work. I didn't give a crap about being popular. Same thing when I was in college, although I wish I had taken college more seriously. What about you?

Cobra Commander
10-17-2009, 03:08 PM
I wasn't popular. I had a small group of friends, never dated anyone popular, usually never dated anyone at all. High school was easy. I came to class, and got decent grades.

College...I skipped class all the time, but somehow always had assignments in on time, always had decent grades, always did well on exams. Never did any clubs, never dated - not even once - never really made any friends. And honestly, I didn't like any of the people there enough to want to be their friend, or go out with them.

I'm a bad procrastinator, but when I sit and start a paper, I will not stop until it's finished. 20 pages later, at 4am...the day before it was due. But you know...I got an A on that.

Mavericker
10-17-2009, 03:10 PM
I wasn't popular. I had a small group of friends, never dated anyone popular, usually never dated anyone at all. High school was easy. I came to class, and got decent grades.

College...I skipped class all the time, but somehow always had assignments in on time, always had decent grades, always did well on exams. Never did any clubs, never dated - not even once - never really made any friends. And honestly, I didn't like any of the people there enough to want to be their friend, or go out with them.

I'm a bad procrastinator, but when I sit and start a paper, I will not stop until it's finished. 20 pages later, at 4am...the day before it was due. But you know...I got an A on that.

I didn't have too many friends, but I had a lot of acquaintances.

Heinekenrana
10-17-2009, 03:14 PM
I was very quiet and bored easily. I'd always be off getting into trouble because I got done a lot faster than most of the kids in my class. Later on, my lack of attention caught up to me and I had a slightly hard time in high school, but I finally figured out how to get organized and manage my time better, and it all worked out in the end.

Eris
10-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Earlier than High School: School failed to keep up with my learning ability, so I grew bored and caused trouble.
High School: Didn't really take it too seriously. Got good grades without putting much effort in it.
University: It does take slightly more effort to study quantum mechanics, but I'm still sort of slacking my way through. Have yet to fail a single exam.

So, I was roughly:

Earlier than High School: Troublemaker and underachiever.
High School: Loner, slacker.
University: Geek, slacker.

Mavericker
10-17-2009, 03:15 PM
I had a lot of racist experiences while I was in school.

DOOM!
10-17-2009, 05:32 PM
I had a lot of racist experiences while I was in school.
I'll bet you did. Those poor kids!

Miss Moonlight
10-17-2009, 05:43 PM
In highschool, I was alot more more reserved. Mostly, I was just bored and preferred to do things by myself. I usually got good grades and was rarely late to class, though.

The only times I was sent to detention, were when I arrived to homeroom late, and then got to spend quality time with the nice selection of jerkwads and other assorted bullies.

That was a stupid policy.

Hard to believe it was 8 years ago. Right now, i'm pretty much the same, although somewhat less "shy", I suppose.

Beast
10-17-2009, 05:54 PM
I was fairly reserved, I never chose a "group" or "clique" to hang with because I had friends in a bunch of different groups. A couple stoner friends, goth friends, emo, you get the picture. My grades were half n half depending what class it was and how often I decided it was important.

NorthOfTime
10-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Pre-Highschool: Loner weird guy but not the bullied type. Was good in school until the 7th grade then to me school just lost all of it luster for some reason.. COuld be because the learning curve wasnt fast enough for me or cause i was just bored.. IDK either way i ended up failing 7th grade 3 times.. By this time i just hated school and droped out and went to North Texas Job Corps

Highschool: Never made it

Job Corps (yes it was a school enviroment): Here i had to quickly learn to adapt to the not so quite nerdy life style. Unfortunatly i got the right after Katrina and all the katrina victims were in dallas and in Job Crops. I quickly learned the life of crime and was smart enough to stay clear of it at the same time of learning not to say stuff that would get me jumped. Im thankful that i was never once "beaten up" or attacked while in Job Corps.

Military and College: Laid back chilled do what im told when im told no questions asked (most of the time) although i do not attend college every semester i do attend. In college i am still lazy a bit but i dont know my full potential yet as ive keep getting distracted (I.E. Marriage) so i end up doing poorly. In the military my learning ability is fully seen as i often go to classes and what not to better myself and my career. Wish i could just focus like that in college...

EDIT:
I was never part of any cliques or groups or gangs. Im the type that im not going to join your group but i will invite ya over and we can hang and drink for awhile play some games and or chat it up. Im just a sociale person..Sometimes..

sa5m
10-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Middle School: NERD.
High School: GEEK.
College: Awesome.
C:

Zp1994
10-17-2009, 07:04 PM
I'm the popular guy. Mostly because I'm so funny.

Mavericker
10-19-2009, 03:09 PM
I'll bet you did. Those poor kids!

No I experienced racism form others.

Bulf
10-19-2009, 03:14 PM
In high school, I was completely anti-social, silent, and nerdy. I'm still the same, just slightly more social now.

Mavericker
10-19-2009, 04:51 PM
I was a nerd-I liked math, art and scinece and read a lot of reference books. Still do.

*Tsuki*
10-19-2009, 04:52 PM
hmm . . . let's see . . . today, I was tired and blanked on my test. ^^ The end.

Mavericker
10-19-2009, 04:54 PM
In high school, I was completely anti-social, silent, and nerdy. I'm still the same, just slightly more social now.

I wasn't very social in school either.

Acnologia
10-19-2009, 07:08 PM
I was bullied just for existing, which I can't really do anything about, sucks for them.

I'm in college, and extremely busy with assignments, tests, long days, etc >.<