PDA

View Full Version : Do you wish you were back in college?

Mavericker
10-15-2009, 06:42 PM
For me, yes. As old as I am, yes. I wish I had the time and money.

I want to go back to school for a degree in Illustration and Cartooning, I have an Animation degree and haven't done anything with it.

I want to go into comics. Signing up for the Art Instruction Schools art program is the next best thing. What about you?

International 4-8818
10-15-2009, 06:44 PM
I am currently going to college getting a degree in Business.

Bulma1017
10-15-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm attending College right now too. I'm going for a Vet. Degree. I love Animal's! They don't talk back!

Mavericker
10-15-2009, 06:51 PM
I want to go into comics-I am teeming with good ideas I KNOW will make me a lot of money.

lilminx
10-15-2009, 06:51 PM

I want to go back to school for a degree in Illustration and Cartooning, I have an Animation degree and haven't done anything with it.

I want to go into comics. Signing up for the Art Instruction Schools art program is the next best thing. What about you?
well im in college and i like it

Cobra Commander
10-15-2009, 08:08 PM
I missed out on stuff in college, and would love another try in a different field. But it'll never happen.

Forgotten Show
10-15-2009, 08:17 PM
7 votes for 4 people voting. I <3 ACORN!

Bad Memory

SigmaSD
10-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Yeah I do. I've not gone these past two days *curses this sickness* So I kind of miss it. Or do I? *thinks*

Cross Avantgarde
10-16-2009, 12:26 PM
I will miss it terribly when I finish, I'm convinced of that. I started out minoring in Philosophy, but that turned into a major pretty quickly. Also added a semester. Then I picked up another minor, Psychology. Added a bit more time there, too. Currently I'm majoring in English and Philosophy (with Grad school right around the corner) and minoring in Psychology. So, I've got some time left before I finish, but I know I'll miss it.

7 votes for 4 people voting. I <3 ACORN!

That is actually...absolutely hilarious! Props.

Mavericker
10-16-2009, 03:47 PM
I wish I could go back right now-I've been out of school a little over ten years. I tried getting a job in my field but I haven't gotten one as of yet. Sometimes I had to miss out of certain job offers posted through the alumni dept. at my old art college. Oh well.

I now see the value in interning, and I would encourage anyone here who's currnetly a student to take up internships.

I want to point out if you have problems with financial aid going back to school or trying to get a degree online will be problematic.

There was a local art school I went to to take up art courses but it's not the same as going to art colege-it's like taking art classes outside of school and you pay to sign up for the classes.

They didn't really offer me anything to help with comic except ONE comic writng/creativity class.

Desert Coyote
10-20-2009, 01:03 PM
After December, I'll be one semester away from an MA in English. I just finished a BA in Writing this past spring. This was an attempt to come back to school after being out of college for close to nine years, having left because I ran out of money.

Fortunately enough, I've been very fortunate with both inexpensive college nearby (no room and board fees) and financial aid (a grad assistantship), which has allowed me to resume, after re-evaluating what I wanted to do with my life. I'm now on my way, hopefully to getting a teaching job, which is my main goal. Otherwise, I have bandied about with my wife whether I should try for a doctorate. (It's very tempting)

If all things go well, we'll both have our Masters degrees next May. (Mine: MA in English. Hers: MS in Global Engineering Design)

Mavericker
10-22-2009, 04:06 PM
I want to go back eventually.

Datenshi
10-22-2009, 08:21 PM
Well, I don't really intend on leaving.

Seņor Nobody
10-22-2009, 11:02 PM
I'll tell you all right now, I'll be one sad lad the day I leave the safety of my overpriced community college.

sa5m
10-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Probably not, though I'm just a tiny freshman, so what do I know?

Miss Moonlight
10-22-2009, 11:36 PM
No. Considering i'm there right now.

Legend of the Twilight
10-24-2009, 12:39 PM
I AM in college. -.-

Sparhawk
10-25-2009, 06:20 PM
Well I voted a no. I am 3 and a half years removed from college. I must say I like the working world better....well most of the time anyway.

~*Red*~
10-26-2009, 02:43 PM
I'm currently at university and I'm going to be starting my Bachelor of Arts in Media and Communication next year.

Mavericker
10-26-2009, 04:00 PM
I want ot go back to get more art-related training. I can tell you right now you can't get an online degree if you have issues with financial aid, if if you are an alumni like me and want to go back to the school you graduated from, you have to start the application process all over again.

Angel Yumi
11-06-2009, 01:14 AM
I`m in my college degree now...Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
College life is a tough experience but I enjoy it because there`s a lot of memories I can`t forget.

sakuraAnne
11-06-2009, 02:19 AM
YES, so i can go back to my anime fwendz..:d:wacko:

Stripes
11-07-2009, 05:55 AM

Yeah, I want to go to college...I'm in school as for now so have to wait for about 7-9 years hmm........this isn't good but as for you, anyone can do what he/she wants 'cause we have lots and lots and lots of time...and you waste such a lot of time online..why not lookout for some opportunities so that you can live your vocation... hmm...yeah..I would have done so if only I were in your place!