PDA

View Full Version : Why do you come here?

Mavericker
10-15-2009, 05:29 PM
I come here to discuss things OTHER than anime. This is technically a cartoon forum. Honestly, I'm not too crazy about anime.

I come here to discuss things when I get suspended from Newgrounds.com.

IFS
10-15-2009, 05:35 PM
I am sorry Eris you're right I was out of line

Eris
10-15-2009, 05:43 PM
To moderate, for the intermittent lulz, and so forth.

Mavericker
10-15-2009, 05:45 PM
seriously dude stop making threads man, not to be mean or anything I can't understand what the hell your saying with the filter on, and I don't feel like quoting every time I want to know what the topic is about. As to answer your question, I come here because the people are awesome, the topics are grate and I made lots of friends here, and its not cartoons because you're not to crazy about anime, its anime hence the name AnimeForum.com, I honestly think you just come here to nag and moan about stuff to maybe get attention or something.

Hello? Anime is Japanese cartoons, so YES, it's technically a cartoon forum.

Also, I want to learn some Japanese and chat with people in the chat room and discuss my art work and writing and get input on that.

IFS
10-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Hello? Anime is Japanese cartoons, so YES, it's technically a cartoon forum.

Also, I want to learn some Japanese and chat with people in the chat room and discuss my art work and writing and get input on that.I'm not going to argue with you, I don't want Eris to bad rep me again, and I am sorry for the comment about you to stop making threads, I'm just in a really bad mood at the moment, I do apologize normally I'm a nice person

Mavericker
10-15-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm not going to argue with you, I don't want Eris to bad rep me again

Good, the Chinese call their stuff
Manhua anime:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_animation

IFS
10-15-2009, 06:00 PM
Good, the Chinese call their stuff
Manhua anime:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_animationtheir is just something about the difference of cartoons and anime I want to clear up with you, in anime the characters appear to have feelings, they get hurt, fall inlove and can even die, in cartoons nothing fatal can happen to the characters, or maybe I'm wrong but thats just my definition

Mavericker
10-15-2009, 06:02 PM
their is just something about the difference of cartoons and anime I want to clear up with you, in anime the characters appear to have feelings, they get hurt, fall inlove and can even die, in cartoons nothing fatal can happen to the characters, or maybe I'm wrong but thats just my definition

Depends if it's a kid's thing or an adult thing.

IFS
10-15-2009, 06:06 PM
Depends if it's a kid's thing or an adult thing.well all I know is Naruto=Anime tom and jerry=cartoon, so they can't possibly be the same thing

Mavericker
10-15-2009, 06:08 PM
well all I know is Naruto=Anime tom and jerry=cartoon, so they can't possibly be the same thing

What about Astroboy?

Eris
10-15-2009, 06:10 PM
well all I know is Naruto=Anime tom and jerry=cartoon, so they can't possibly be the same thing

Anime is a japanese animation. Tom and Jerry is an American animation. They're both animations.

"Cartoon" typically refers to Western animation.
"Anime" typically refers to Japanese animation.

IFS
10-15-2009, 06:10 PM
What about Astroboy?Its an anime, its really old 1960 (reference from AF Podcast) but its still an anime

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-16-2009, 09:06 AM
I come here to discuss things OTHER than anime. This is technically a cartoon forum. Honestly, I'm not too crazy about anime.

Actually, having lived during the period you came to the board, I would say that you came to the forum to talk about Motoko Kusanagi and/or her vagina. After you got worn out on the subject you switched to asking us about how you can get an Asian women to date and/or marry you.

Mavericker
10-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Actually, having lived during the period you came to the board, I would say that you came to the forum to talk about Motoko Kusanagi and/or her vagina. After you got worn out on the subject you switched to asking us about how you can get an Asian women to date and/or marry you.

Can you get your mind out of the gutter? You are as bad as what's-her-name. :mad:

I thought I liked GITS:SAC till I found out and realized how EVIL the show is. Why am I watching a show about a woman running around half-naked? A woman who seduced a British guard before knocking him out, paraded around a Chinese boy almost naked, and had E-sex with a crime mogul to break into his vault?

That's EVIL and UNGODLY.

What questions did I as about her vagina? Asking if a cyborg is anatomically correct isn't sexual.
Neither is asking how cyborgs in the GITS:SAC universe go to the bathroom.
I assume they store their waste in compartments since they have prosthetic bodies.

GITS:SAC is like something out of Heavy Metal magazine and I DON'T EVEN TOUCH THAT.

I'm not too big on Japanese women.

Anime is a japanese animation. Tom and Jerry is an American animation. They're both animations.

"Cartoon" typically refers to Western animation.

"Anime" typically refers to Japanese animation.

True, but it's STILL Japanese cartoons-animated drawings.

In some AMERICAN cartoons characters do die, and not all characters in anime get killed either.

Aku no Hikari
10-16-2009, 05:24 PM
I think I have explained this before on this forum, but anyway... The Japanese "borrowed" the word "anime" from the English word "animation". To a Japanese person, it simply means that -- animation, nothing more and nothing less. Any kind of animation. So yes, even Tom and Jerry is "anime" to a Japanese person. But when the word "anime" became spread by the media around the world, the media used it to refer to Japanese animation. As a result, western people think that "anime" means Japanese animation only. But if you study the Japanese language, you'll see that "anime" is different from "cartoon" the same way "terebi" is different from "television". So technically, it's okay to discuss "western anime" (or "cartoons") in AnimeForum.com. And it's not against the rules.

And you say you have artwork and writings... Why don't you share them with us? Just post them in the Fan Art/Fan Fiction forums. If you can draw well, we'd like to see them. Same goes for the writings. ^_^ (I'm relatively new here, I don't know if you have posted anything before I came. So, if you have already posted anything can you please provide a link to the threads? I'm sorry, but I'm too lazy to search... You have like 2,000+ posts...)

Cobra Commander
10-16-2009, 11:24 PM
I come here to talk about anime and everything else that might pop into the misc. section. I'm just more active in misc because I don't have much to discuss all the time about anime. And it seems that the Bleach forum is the same question over and over again with different words.

Before anyone asks, I watch one or two shows at a time. I'm working on Bleach, and have taken up Black Lagoon. I don't have time to follow anything else right now.

Mavericker
10-17-2009, 02:05 PM
I think I have explained this before on this forum, but anyway... The Japanese "borrowed" the word "anime" from the English word "animation". To a Japanese person, it simply means that -- animation, nothing more and nothing less. Any kind of animation. So yes, even Tom and Jerry is "anime" to a Japanese person. But when the word "anime" became spread by the media around the world, the media used it to refer to Japanese animation. As a result, western people think that "anime" means Japanese animation only. But if you study the Japanese language, you'll see that "anime" is different from "cartoon" the same way "terebi" is different from "television". So technically, it's okay to discuss "western anime" (or "cartoons") in AnimeForum.com. And it's not against the rules.

And you say you have artwork and writings... Why don't you share them with us? Just post them in the Fan Art/Fan Fiction forums. If you can draw well, we'd like to see them. Same goes for the writings. ^_^ (I'm relatively new here, I don't know if you have posted anything before I came. So, if you have already posted anything can you please provide a link to the threads? I'm sorry, but I'm too lazy to search... You have like 2,000+ posts...)

I've talked about my artwork and people here have tried putting it down.

Aku no Hikari
10-18-2009, 10:24 AM
I've talked about my artwork and people here have tried putting it down.

Why don't you try posting some artwork? Just forget everything people have said to to put you down. Unless it's controversial, I don't see any harm in posting some sketches or illustrations. If they're good, you'll get some good comments and reps, and you might even get some fans.

If you want people to stop seeing you as a "troll", you should start building some good reputation for yourself. And IMHO if you want to talk about something sensitive (like religion or races), you should use the Pay to Post forum instead of the Misc from now on. Because there are less n00bs there, there's a less chance for a discussion to turn into a flaming war.

Anime Forum
10-18-2009, 02:30 PM

I come here to basically put my input in the various conversations going around this forum. If it be anime / poetry / etc. I also come to play the arcade at times, but not as much anymore.

--Gli..tched Post--

IFS
10-18-2009, 02:39 PM

And you say you have artwork and writings... Why don't you share them with us? Just post them in the Fan Art/Fan Fiction forums. If you can draw well, we'd like to see them. Same goes for the writings. ^_^ (I'm relatively new here, I don't know if you have posted anything before I came. So, if you have already posted anything can you please provide a link to the threads? I'm sorry, but I'm too lazy to search... You have like 2,000+ posts...)You see now this is a logical explanation for me, one understandable that cleared up some confusion I had about the difference

Desert Coyote
10-19-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally I wanted to make some acquaintances and maybe gain some readers.

Now I come for stimulating conversations like this one. :)

Skylar1
10-19-2009, 11:50 AM
I enjoy finding new opinions and perspectives from people. That's pretty much the reason I join any forum. Usually I join anime forums because they're more likely to have a larger liberal demograph.

Mavericker
10-19-2009, 03:36 PM

I HATE GHOST IN THE SHELL AND I HATE THE MAJOR AND ADULT SWIM AND ASMB.

I DON'T WANT TO BE REMINDED OF ANY OF THESE THINGS.

GITS:SAC IS GOING TO MAKE ME THINK OF ASMB AND The ASMB IS ONE OF THE WORST WEB FORUMS I'VE EVER BEEN TO. :mad:

I DON'T DISCUSS LADY PARTS OR SEX WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU. :mad:

Teddy2116
10-19-2009, 03:44 PM
I HATE GHOST IN THE SHELL AND I HATE THE MAJOR AND ADULT SWIM AND ASMB.

I DON'T WANT TO BE REMINDED OF ANY OF THESE THINGS.

GITS:SAC IS GOING TO MAKE ME THINK OF ASMB AND The ASMB IS ONE OF THE WORST WEB FORUMS I'VE EVER BEEN TO. :mad:

I DON'T DISCUSS LADY PARTS OR SEX WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU. :mad:

Question for you, why are you afraid of talking about topics that appear in everyday life. I mean avoiding said topic will not make it go away, and neither will discussing it. Tho if you're able to show your view and explain your view points with logic, I would better understand your reasons for disliking said topic.

mavericker345
12-07-2009, 03:49 PM

A cyborg's vagina? Seriously, what is WRONG with you? Where is there any mention of that? :mad:

Yew Neek™
12-07-2009, 04:02 PM
um, south park fun with weapons was great anime, and i love that song Let's Fighting Love.

Aizen-sama
12-07-2009, 04:04 PM
..*snickers*.......*snickers*....lmao!!!!..sorry i couldnt hold it..

anyway i come here to,talk about anime/manga to those who also like these things,...now i come just for Alice....

~*Red*~
12-07-2009, 06:06 PM
I come here to mostly talk about video games, general crap and I gets kicks out of reading convos between Mavericker and the other AF members.

Araragi
12-07-2009, 06:22 PM
...to crush my enemies and drink their blood >=D... ..oh sorry the tv was on

anime, games, friends... the usual stuff =)...

Aku no Hikari
12-07-2009, 06:48 PM
I came here for two reasons. Submitting lyrics, and finding people to talk with in the Japanese language section. I haven't found any. -___________-

But look at the "bright" side... I got addicted to AF.

Señor Nobody
12-07-2009, 07:59 PM
This is the only place I don't troll. AF is a place where I can post semi-serious content without having to troll someone who has a different viewpoint than I.

Necro'lic Enigma
12-07-2009, 08:23 PM
Many things , as i always say its my first home ^.^.V
There are so many great people over here i met and threads , signatures , avatars , discussion , i learn something everyday and time i spend in Af , are always the best moments.. .... just how i imagine my dream home should be. =)

xx