I'm going to cosplay as an original character that looks like this:

-Wears a neko-hat
-wears a scarf
-has whiskers
-has a tail
-black sweater
-short white/brown baggy pants.
-black gloves

Now I know that doesn't sound very "wow". In fact, I'll admit to myself it's not that wow. The tail and hat however are extremely cute, and adding the scarf to it just makes it tons better. So, I'm going to cosplay as neko-hiphop-like-boy.
I chose a neko-hat instead of neko-ears because I wanted to stick to the whole hip-hop idea, seeing I'll be dancing on the convention itself, so a hat was more fitting. I could've also gone with a bell, but I had no idea where to get one + a scarf seemed more fitting.

Now, yes, I'm not that pro with this, but I had to have the hat and tail custom made, because they didn't make them the way I wanted on E-bay + it was a lot cheaper and I have to watch my money, unfortunately. T_T

Anyhow, here's the problem. My cosplay is all set, but I just need a picture to actually prove I'm in cosplay. I know, stupid huh? I heard from friends that went to a convention here in Belgium, and they were rejected as cosplayers because the people there thought they were casual people, while they cosplayed 2 people from an actual series that wasn't that well-known. (Which was like 2 years ago, I can't remember the series anymore. o_o)

So just to be safe, I've been looking for a picture of someone that matches my description. I haven't found one yet, after looking for like 2 days now and my knowledge of anime isn't that variable. I just need a picture of the description I've put up there and I was hoping you guys could help me out a bit.

I'll post a picture of my cosplay asap, seeing I need someone to take a clean picture of it.

Thanks in advance!

Mr. Panda
10-15-2009, 01:58 PM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j100/Redictus/Me-as-cat.jpg

I'm just missing the gloves, which I didn't had at the time when it was taken.

I'll get the tail tomorrow. Tell me what you guys think?

Missytetra
10-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Hi babe! I hate to say it but if I saw you at a convention I would think you were casual too. The reason being that a lot of anime and j-culture fans wear that type of stuff every day and I see them around town! Cosplay usually is done or an existing character from an anime show or manga or video game or movie or comic etc. So if you're cosplaying an original character that you have designed, obviously you won't find a picture of it on the internet! It seems silly to me to go looking for a picture of something that you invented yourself as nobody else will know what your character looks like! (That, and a lot of people in anime don't wear ear hats, I can only think of Takuto off the top of my head).

My advice to you is draw what your character looks like. Take your original concept art around the convention with you. People love to look at other peoples' artwork and I'm sure that they will want to know more about your character design.

But please don't be offended if someone thinks you are dressed casually. Cosplay is supposed to be costume and playing, and is usually done of existing characters. You just have to explain what you've created is all ^__^