PDA

View Full Version : Dance Dance Revolution

GreyAcumen
10-11-2009, 05:24 AM
Hi, I'm wondering if there are any DDR (Dance Dance Revolution, for the uninitiated) fans here?

I've been playing DDR since the PS1 era both at home and in the arcades and consider it to be one of the greatest videogame accomplishments of our time. Being the first game to encourage physical fitness, it paved the way for countless masterpieces like Wii Sports.

I consider myself quite good at DDR. I've competed in a few regional tournaments over the years. I never won any, however I have come close (don't get me started on the time I got disqualified for having my no daichi on my person and being forced out of the shopping mall.) Are there any other competitive DDR players here? I'd love to meet up with any in the Pennsylvania area for some friendly sportsmanship.

I tend to stick with songs that have a foot rating of 9-10 but enjoy pretty much anything. I do, however, prefer dancing to the JP mixes over the English ones.

Personally, I have two steel pads that I snagged at a close out sale. I've made a hobby out of dancing on both pads at once and think it's an exhilarating experience. I train in martial arts (self-taught) and the flexibility and agility it gives me really helps with nailing the quick movements required, not to mention sheer reflex.

Here's a vid of me two-padding: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bse90-yt4sE

Extra tip: I find crew socks to be the next best grip possible to shoes if you're using a steel pad. Shoes are always the way to go in the arcade, but they will mark up your home pad.

So, who else is into DDR?

~Brandon Acumen

div
10-11-2009, 10:28 PM
I love DDR!

I'm envious of your steel pads. It looks like you have quite a nice setup. I really want a pair of Cobalt Flux (I think that's what they're called) pads after getting to try double on a set of them at a con I attended recently (I can't tell if that's the same as what you have or not). They were so responsive. Alas, I'm stuck in a dorm at college and have no room for such commodities. Fortunately, there are a few arcades around that have pretty good machines.

XxPantherChickxX
10-11-2009, 11:29 PM
I love DDR music. I suck at it, though. Even the slow songs. Lol.

reikalee
10-11-2009, 11:34 PM
I was never good at the DDR games but I miss watching my friends play it. They looked so fantastic.

XxPantherChickxX
10-11-2009, 11:41 PM
I love watching people on the hecka fast songs. They look so graceful... ;_;

nenuma
10-12-2009, 11:49 AM
I dont play DDR. But I do play PSP Revolution.
Never good though.

lilminx
10-12-2009, 08:18 PM
i have it for ps2. i love it but im not really that good at it. its fun though :)

The Grey Crane
10-12-2009, 11:30 PM
The household still has a working dance pad and a couple of the older games...

I suck at it, in an epic fail level.

Haoie
10-15-2009, 04:24 AM
I've hit the wall with this game.

Which is about 8 foot level of difficulty.

Lady Sayuri
10-21-2009, 01:35 PM
I just bought DDR Extreme for the ps2. My fav. I'm actually gunna play it in like 15min...but I'm not good at it.