PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIV

RaShayRitto
10-08-2009, 03:34 PM
I never really did the MMO thing til i played Guild Wars some years back but it didnt stick with me for very long. I've been wondering how i should re-enter the MMO world and i think Final Fantasy 14 might be my ticket! I'll be picking up the PS3 version when this launches.

anyone else have their eye on this developing title?

ZenErik
10-08-2009, 04:25 PM
I played FFXI for about a week, but this looks much more promising. Final Fantasy or Pokémon are probably the only 2 ways to get me to play an MMO. How awesome a Pokémon MMO COULD be...

FLASH-X
10-16-2009, 12:04 PM
i am also waiting for a good Pokemon mmo,, now that would be simply great.

Niverive
11-05-2009, 11:57 AM
I've played FFXI since ps2 release like over 5 years ago, and I've been following the development of FFXIV every day for the past 6 months, I'm so excited o.o

Crazyjavi87
11-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Now if it was free, I'd get it. Is it free? Is eet?

Now if only there was a good Shin Megami Tensei game. SMT online doesn't count.

Niverive
11-06-2009, 12:06 PM
That'd be no good, free games, or games run by micro transitions have horrible customer service and lacking GM prowess, not to mention games run by micro transitions are actually more expensive for the hardcore players.

Teddy2116
11-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Well here the thing, people like free things. I think its better if they do it with mirco transactions. That way you can play for free (provided that you bought the game) and enjoy what the game has to offer, but if you want to look all special and such, you can pay for said items or what not to look that way. What I'm really concern about is the graphics and the requirements in order to play the game. Please if anyone has a link to the info about the game please PM me with said link

Niverive
11-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Your best bet for info is www.finalfantasyxiv.com for the official site, and http://www.eorzeapedia.com for all incoming info from Japan

But I'd much rather pay 15 dollars a month and have good service and updates than have to pay 30 dollars a month through micro transitions to get it all, because I'm a hardcore player. But more than likely FFXIV will have a subscription fee anyways, SE doesn't like Micro Transitions, I believe in one article on eorzeapedia they had an article from one of the JP magazines where SE said they don't wanna do Micro Transitions.

Crazyjavi87
11-07-2009, 03:29 AM
Hey. Guild wars came out very nicely for a game that was 99% free.

The 1% being the fact that you needed to buy it first.

And guild wars 2 is coming out soon. But still, my point being you can make good servers and good games without charging people 15$ a month. Cause in the end, you spend about 170$ yearly on a game when you could easily use that money to go buy three games.

Rena
12-28-2009, 11:15 PM
I've been playing FFXI for about a two years now, and I'm very much looking forward to the release of FFXIV. I know there probably will be no way to transfer any data from FFXI though, and this saddens me. :[ I put a lot of time into it.

nobimed3
12-28-2009, 11:23 PM
this is the link to a pokemon MMO game (it's free)

http://www.pokemonbattlearena.net/

Alorumin
12-28-2009, 11:43 PM
I've played FFXI since ps2 release like over 5 years ago, and I've been following the development of FFXIV every day for the past 6 months, I'm so excited o.o

at what server did you play? :) i used to be on Unicorn like 4 years ago. but i only played for a few months reached lv 73 black mage then quited !! but FFXI is still the mmo where ive had the most fun and the community is very nice and friendly. and im really looking forward to FF14 even tho im trying to quit my MMO playing its to addicting xD