PDA

View Full Version : Who is getting SAW: The Video Game?

Azure_Kite
10-05-2009, 10:10 PM
To me it really looks good. I will most likely get it, please tell me what you think about the way it looks, what you think of the way the gameplay looks so far, and possibly if you will buy or rent it.

RaShayRitto
10-05-2009, 11:38 PM
i actually have not seen or read anything on this game yet.

it would be awesome if it was a jiggsaw killer sim, with 100% true real-time where you sit at a desk and watch tv screens and push a switch every few hours to activate something. there's also a deep mask maintainence system where you have to polish your mask regularly to prevent grime buildup

yeah, that would be hilarious

mattBANG
10-06-2009, 01:17 AM
Haven't read or seen anything about it either. What style is it? - like FPS or..

Daken.
10-06-2009, 01:38 AM
I wouldnt want to get it, a game after SAW seems kind of boring to me. I'd rather stick to watching the movies.

RaShayRitto
10-06-2009, 11:53 PM
I wouldnt want to get it, a game after SAW seems kind of boring to me. I'd rather stick to watching the movies.

well the movies are boring too...so i guess that would go for the game as well

honestly though, what movie to game adaptation HASNT sucked horribly? i think the closest to GOOD one was Wanted: weapons of fate, but it was just meh (based on the demo, i havent played the full game)

Nineteenth
10-18-2009, 10:03 AM
I already have it, I can tell you that the atmosphere of the game is amazingly well done. The game itself is not that scary but the background and atmosphere will do the trick for you.

The combat in the game is supposed to represent a weakened person fighting , like the combat in Rule of Rose but unlike Rule of Rose the combat is a bit weird and spammable.

The puzzles in the game are toughies, built along the lines of that annoying Slider puzzle in Silent Hill Homecomming. But with more grace.

The boss traps are pretty much the fun part of the game; so far I'm 50% of the way through the game judging by the trophies I've gotten. Oh, my real complaint with the game is the fact the trophies are piss easy to aquire.

Then again, it is a game that was suddenly taken over by Konami and we all know how Konami feels about achievements and trophies.

CatboyIzzy
10-18-2009, 11:40 AM
In my opinion, the game versions of movies are usually rubbish so I don't think I'll be getting it.

kayacamilla
10-20-2009, 10:32 AM
So far the reviews are going down the drain for this game. It's hard to trust a game based on a movie that got stale after the 2nd movie release. It's one of those must release games cause Halloween is just around the corner which is sad. The graphics looks good and the environment looks gritty and it fits well for the game. I read a bunch of stuff and I think there's little or no re playability at all for this game, correct me if I'm wrong. I'll let this one pass and wait for a decent horror game.

Unrested
10-21-2009, 01:21 AM
now i am not gunna bash the game before it comes out, but all i want to say is this....

how many movies that were made into video games were amazing? or even slightly worth playing for that matter.

maybe you could argue lord of the rings...but if you know anything about NES you know it was actually a game waaay before the movie so that fact could be argued in another light.

history shows us almost all movies made into games fail epically. our most recent example would be transformers, or even assassins (which was already a crap movie).

on a side note did anyone ever play the game waxworks? its an ancient survival horror for PC that had some super grotesque graphics for its time. does anyone know if that game was based off the horror movie waxworks? if so then i stand corrected. that game was pretty bad *** if not utterly disturbing for its era.

Lady Sayuri
10-21-2009, 07:36 AM
Saw never interested me as a movie...and I'm pretty sure it won't interest me as a game. Plus, I agree with Unrested. Video Games that turn into video never make the cut. Although, Shrek the third was an awesome game. =P

Light Buster
10-22-2009, 01:47 PM
To me it really looks good. I will most likely get it, please tell me what you think about the way it looks, what you think of the way the gameplay looks so far, and possibly if you will buy or rent it.
I suggest you avoid this game at all costs unless you love to die or if you are an achievement guy. This games has a lot of grusome deaths, unnecessary achievements (and you get them for no appearent reason), and boring puzzles. This is what I heard from G4 (they gave it a 2 out of 5) at least but I wouldn't take that chance.

Sparhawk
10-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Its a movie game so there's no way I'm getting it. They usually suck.

Inactive Account 0061
10-26-2009, 10:27 AM
This games has a lot of grusome deaths

That's enough reason to get it :D