PDA

View Full Version : Ergo Proxy

TheThunderBringer
10-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Has anybody seen this show? In my opinion, it's basically awesome. Not really an awesome fighting show, or anything like that, but it was just really interesting.

The ending was pretty confusing, but not CRAZY confusing, I may look up an explanation for the ending and some other parts of it. It makes you figure stuff out on your own without its help.

The last 2 episodes made me cry :(

SPOILER: Especially when Raul Creed died after searching for the truth like a MAN!

23 episodes long, so it's no DragonballZ or anything, short and sweet, a lot more action in shorter shows, they get to the point.

Yep...

:banghead:DISCUSS!:banghead:

Datenshi
10-05-2009, 05:27 AM
It's one of my favorite anime, in a guilty sort of way.

The philosophical/religious discussions, meta-textual jokes and literary allusions were admittedly quite over-the-top (all the characters have names that refer to philosophers, for example), but they didn't become too bothersome because it was all backed up by a solid plot that was pretty much a very traditional coming-of-age adventure, and you could basically get through the story without catching all the inside references (a bad example of too much pretentious pedantistry crowding out the story is Oshii Mamoru's Innocence, not that that movie doesn't have it's virtues).

My only complaint is that the anime starts out too slow. It took me a while to struggle through the first three episodes, but trust me, after that the story picks up pace very quickly (I guess that's how it's meant to be viewed, since they only begin to include the OP after the third or fourth episode).

Speaking of which, I thought the anime's opening sequence was one of the more memorably powerful OP's I've ever seen.

And Pino is cute.

Aizen-sama
10-05-2009, 11:50 AM
it used to come on tv but i never took the time to watch it really,although i know i would have liked becuase its never been an anime /manga i never liked

hmm maybe i'll check it out

El Josh
10-05-2009, 08:14 PM
I liked the show, it pretty darn awsome. I liked all of it. It is very interesting. and i read somewhere that they were going to make a second season. so they left the ending a bit open.

TheThunderBringer
10-06-2009, 01:59 PM
I have mixed feelings about a second season...they DID leave a whole lot unsaid (who 'the creator is' and other such things). I'd be pretty excited for another round.

pepito_domohito
10-08-2009, 10:55 PM
i watched volume one but...never got down to watchin the rest of the other episodes

div
10-12-2009, 12:13 AM
I really liked this series; it was memorable and interesting. I highly doubt a second series, and I'd have mixed feelings about it if there was one. I think it ended at a good spot and tied up just enough (but not all) of the loose ends. There was a good balance between closure and mystery. As long as that is preserved, I'd love to see more from Ergo Proxy. It had a great atmosphere and setting.