PDA

View Full Version : Post game vote II

Eris
09-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Nominations II are all done (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=89740). So now it's time to vote. Votes are anonymous (if you want them to be). Detailed submissions follow below:

The Name Game

(The Name (boy/girl), Country/Place, Plant and Animal game. )
First poster chooses a random letter. The next user completes all of the above categories for that letter and nominates a new letter.

What would you do if you the user above you was a relative of yours?

Simple, what would you do if you found out the poster above you was a part of your family? Fun and very easy.

All Replies Must Be in the Form of a Question

Caption This

You post a picture (one that isn't inappropriate), then the next user replies to it with a comment or captions. Then they end it with a picture of their own so that the cycle goes on.

Word Association game.

The thread starts out with a word. The next person replies with whatever first comes to mind about the word. And so on and so on....

I believe we may have had this game on here a few years ago. Either way, I do not claim this idea as my own. I just think it would be fun.

Three Words

Somebody says three words, example "One day a"
and then the next person says a continued three words, example "Lobster bit me"
and so on and so forth .

The ^< V game

You say something you think is true about the person above you (^)
you say something about yourself (<)
And you say something about the next person to post (V)
Example:
^likes strawberries
< Is hungry
V Hates anime

The Guess the Movie Game

Simply, a screenshot out of a movie is being posted and the other users have to guess the name of this particular movie. Optionally a count of points earned can be established and some prizes given out (like ribbons, gifts, rupees or something alike).

The number picture game
The picture must go in order with the number before it!
It must have the number somewhere on the picture (doesn't matter where).
No pictures that violate the rules are counted and should not be posted.
If its a huge picture please post it as an attachment instead!

Alias-Revolution
09-28-2009, 05:08 PM
I remember the ^<v game... but it's been forever. I actually like the new "random mash buttons and make a sentance" game, though.

Eris
09-28-2009, 05:15 PM
Button-mash still has 50% of it's runtime left though. And it will return if it is nominated and wins a future vote.

Alias-Revolution
09-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Good. Hopefully it will be. I do like the idea of having one moderated game going at a time instead of a whole bunch of craziness though.

TheAsterisk!
09-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Oh, definitely the "All Replies Must Be in the Form of a Question" option.
There could still be a real discussion in there that way, but the madness could take root quickly, given favorable growing conditions.

Shwayze
09-29-2009, 01:59 AM
Yeah I liked the random mash button game. But the movie game sounds fun to me.

OtakuInu!!!
09-29-2009, 02:18 AM
I pick the arrow game (^,<,V) I play it in other forums. But I do also like the Caption This game.

Alias-Revolution
09-29-2009, 09:10 PM
The only issue with the Caption This game is that it can be a huge annoyance for moderators. First off, FlashD is pretty strict about images going in as thumbnails to keep bandwidth free, secondly, anyone who doesn't post their pic as an attatchment has to have their post changed. It's a duel edge sword stabbing the mods in the pancreus.

XxPantherChickxX
09-29-2009, 10:34 PM
^ < V Game sounds fun. -^.^-

Gero50
09-30-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm gonna go for the (All Replies Must Be In The Form of a Question) this time. I have never played that one so I want to give it a chance and a try if possible.

Baka
09-30-2009, 01:00 PM
I voted for Word Association Game.

miniPhil
09-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Its gotta be the 'All post must be in the form of a question' game. Nothing else on the list come close to looking as interesting.

TheAsterisk!
09-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Potential issue for the word association game: "cluster."
Now I know at least a few of you are thinking what I'm thinking... Don't say it! Else the moderators will be very displeased, I should think.

We'd have to resort to second-best words a lot in that one. It's a pitfall, albeit a three-foot deep pitfall.
I'd still play, though. What else can I do?

Annie Hall
10-01-2009, 07:51 PM
WORD association :}

Bayonetta
10-01-2009, 07:57 PM
I voted for the Word Association Game.
I hope it wins in the end :)

Seta Souji
10-02-2009, 03:05 AM
Wow word association is getting a lot of votes. So if that game wins, each post is only allowed one word?

Shwayze
10-02-2009, 03:09 AM
Wow word association is getting a lot of votes. So if that game wins, each post is only allowed one word?

Well according to Eris's post:

Word Association game.

The thread starts out with a word. The next person replies with whatever first comes to mind about the word. And so on and so on....

Yes, only one word.

Baka
10-02-2009, 09:42 AM
Yes, only one word.
No. Someone would leave a word. The next person says whatever comes to mind and then leaves another word. One word after one word would be SPAM. I guess I should have explained it better when I nominated it.

Eris
10-02-2009, 05:53 PM
No. Someone would leave a word. The next person says whatever comes to mind and then leaves another word. One word after one word would be SPAM. I guess I should have explained it better when I nominated it.

I for one am for interpreting rules in the way that makes the most sense, as opposed to exactly how they're formulated, and your interpretation does indeed make a lot more sense than the literal interpretation.