PDA

View Full Version : [Help - HTML] IE 7,8 what a pain

IFS
09-23-2009, 10:42 AM
okay misleading as it might sound I'm not about to diss internet explorer, I have to work on a website (you know maintain it and such) and its giving me some errors on internet explorer 7 and 8 so I was wondering if any of the young and happening website designers out there can maybe help me, I'm still new at this so I don't know much, help would be greatly appreciated.

Okay the problem is whenever I click on one of the drop down lists the popup blocker pops up and this makes so we can't access the rest of the page, I tried removing the popup blocker but it still gives me the same problem, if anyone can maybe help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

here is a link to the site, you might want to copy and past it

www.ratesdirect.co.za

FlashD
09-24-2009, 01:02 PM
The site works for me in IE8 and IE7. It's probably on your end. Try deleting your Browsing History.

IFS
09-24-2009, 02:18 PM
hmmm if its working on 7 and 8 on your end, but its not working on any of the computers on our end could it possibly be an internet service provider problem?
I'll try deleting the browser history though thanks for the help

FlashD
09-25-2009, 03:17 AM
If it happens on all your systems it's probably your configuration. In the first post you stated you tried to disable the integrated pop-up blocker with no success, try checking your applications. Norton security packs as an example have their own popup blockers and restrict the browser far more than the normal integrated one. See if you use any software that might cause this and try disable it.

And no, your ISP has no affect to this.

IFS
09-25-2009, 03:38 PM
thanks, would AVG have anything to do with this problem? I'm not sure but I heard that AVG does tend to do some unwanted things