PDA

View Full Version : Free sample!!! Are you serious??

LOVE STUFF
09-08-2009, 07:21 PM
When I go to a supermarket and theres a free sample stand. First, I must get one and I got to see if I like it. If I liked it. I wait about for some minutes and I go back to get some more. Sometimes I take off my sweater to make it less obvious. Yesterday I almost got caught but I ran. I just love junkfood!!

Here is my question:

Do you get more than one sample?

Why or Why not? Explain

Genetic-Infection
09-08-2009, 07:26 PM
No. Free samples often sit out in the open for some time.
Its a bit nasty.

Legit
09-08-2009, 07:30 PM
You're so hardcore running from an employee giving out free samples.

Genetic-Infection
09-08-2009, 07:31 PM
You're so hardcore running from an employee giving out free samples.

Cheyaaaaaah! <3
You know your hardcore when you run away from the guy.

Acnologia
09-08-2009, 08:00 PM
No, I'm scared that it's dirty. xD
Unless it's chocolate.

Aleyna
09-08-2009, 08:10 PM
When I go to a supermarket and theres a free sample stand. First, I must get one and I got to see if I like it. If I liked it. I wait about for some minutes and I go back to get some more. Sometimes I take off my sweater to make it less obvious. Yesterday I almost got caught but I ran. I just love junkfood!!

That makes me think of an episode of Family Guy.
Ok! back to topic!
If it's junkfood, I'll usually take 2 samples right infront of the person giving out samples.

lilminx
09-08-2009, 08:11 PM
i only take perfume sample. like angel, dior and some other ones . you get perfume for free so why not. i want to smell nice :D

sa5m
09-08-2009, 08:11 PM
I just love junkfood!!

... What does junk food have to do with free samples? O_o

Sometimes I take free samples... depends on what it is. If it's non-perishable, I'll take it.

LOVE STUFF
09-08-2009, 08:17 PM
... What does junk food have to do with free samples? O_o

Sometimes I take free samples... depends on what it is. If it's non-perishable, I'll take it.

I mean What I mean.

I take and like junkfood.

Aleyna
09-08-2009, 08:19 PM
i only take perfume sample. like angel, dior and some other ones . you get perfume for free so why not. i want to smell nice :D
Yea, and packaged make-up and lotion samples I will take too. Usually a bunch!

Baka
09-08-2009, 08:45 PM
I usually just take one sample. But when I go to Costco the sample lines are usually pretty crowded so I can take 2-3 without being noticed. But I only do it if it's something really tasty.

LOVE STUFF
09-08-2009, 09:02 PM
I usually just take one sample. But when I go to Costco the sample lines are usually pretty crowded so I can take 2-3 without being noticed. But I only do it if it's something really tasty.

How do you that?LOL

I hate being caught!!:D

Baka
09-08-2009, 09:04 PM
How do you that?LOL

When it is crowded, I stand behind someone when I grab the snack. LOL

When it's not crowded, they will usually let me take 2 if I ask.

Lavos
09-08-2009, 09:05 PM
How do you that?LOL

I assume what he means is if there are a lot of people around the free sample booth, the person running the booth will be too distrated to notice if you take more than one.

Bulf
09-08-2009, 09:07 PM
I get like 30 samples, or until they say I can't have anymore. Even though I don't like a lot of them, I just sit them in random places, in the aisles. Behind a box, in the floor, in a box...the possibilities are endless. For the most part I eat them though.

LOVE STUFF
09-08-2009, 09:07 PM

Oh, I usually push the person and get it
But that way seems more better!

Thank you smurf!!:D

Seta Souji
09-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Yesterday I almost got caught but I ran.

Hahahaha.

I used to be like you. I would get embarrassed when I get caught taking more than 1. However I lost my pride sometime during my first year in college so if I see a stand with yummy samples, I'll stay there munchin away while telling the worker how great they are at their jobs.

Miss Moonlight
09-08-2009, 09:54 PM
I get free samples all the time. Very useful. Also some supermarkets give out free samples of their food too.

My favorite are the lotions/creams/perfumes. :3

OminousCloud
09-08-2009, 10:06 PM
If it's a free food sample, I'll take one and try it while still at the stall. If I like it, I'll ask if I can take some more with me. Usually, the person at the stall wants to leave early so they'll let me take as many as I want.

If it's not a food sample, I just ask how many samples I'm allowed to walk away with and then do that. I like to share samples around, with my family and friends so it's good to walk away with more than one.

Negi
09-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Rule of College:
If it's free, take two.

Seraphemei
09-09-2009, 12:08 AM
I was one of the people who gave out samples every weekend for like a year... And I can tell you, its nice when people take more then one, then there's more stuff to do, CAUSE ITS SO BORING! I honestly hate taking samples cause I know the sick things some people do to them, and its so stupid! And usually, it tastes how it smells and looks... If you want free food... beg?

wolfgirl90
09-09-2009, 12:39 AM
Rule of College:
If it's free, take two.

That is EXACTLY how it works!!:laugh::laugh:

suzumi
09-09-2009, 02:39 AM
@OP: If you live in Japan you should know that people never say anything. I used to work at the register in a supermarket, and sometimes there would be a limit on a certain amount of the item one person could buy. But people would waltz through with way more anyway. So no one would ever chase you just because you kept coming back for samples. The most anyone would do is just give you weird looks.

I usually only take one sample. It depends on how much i like it/how useful it will be to me.

blueangel06661
09-09-2009, 05:41 AM
I usually ignore the free samples. However I did have a job working as one of the people that give them out. I have to say, they are usually pretty good. So every now again if it's some new food I check them out. Also the free samples have not been out longer than they would if they were at a buffet. Unless it's like a cracker, then maybe it would be out for about an hour.

If anyone complains about taking more than one sample that's lame. The store usually supplies you with more than enough food to give out for samples and the times I worked there not all of them were actually used. I see nothing wrong with them taking more. Who knows if they like it, they might even get hooked and start buying it [happened to me while working there. I got hooked on the food and was buying it for months]

Barcode.
09-09-2009, 08:42 AM
If I really like the free sample, I would get more. I could not care less for what those people think of me.

SigmaSD
09-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Well it depends on what it is and how many people are around. If it tastes good, I might but only if there aren't a lot of people waiting to get some. I usually go to Sam's club and the people there know me somewhat so they don't mind if I get more than one. Besides, it if tastes really good I'll probably buy it and then they earn money that way.

Gero50
09-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Well I can't say that I did as much as I like junk food I try to only eat a little at a time. I have done that though take like five and walk off with them before. It is kind mean but the store employees most likely do the same thing so why not once and a while.

LOVE STUFF
09-09-2009, 06:20 PM
@OP: If you live in Japan you should know that people never say anything. I used to work at the register in a supermarket, and sometimes there would be a limit on a certain amount of the item one person could buy. But people would waltz through with way more anyway. So no one would ever chase you just because you kept coming back for samples. The most anyone would do is just give you weird looks.

I usually only take one sample. It depends on how much i like it/how useful it will be to me.

How would you know? You are not in my shoes.

And I didn't take more than one. I took a lot that even the manager came and talk to me. But I didn't listen.

Actually I do live in japan and you honey?

suzumi
09-10-2009, 02:03 AM
How would you know? You are not in my shoes.

And I didn't take more than one. I took a lot that even the manager came and talk to me. But I didn't listen.

Actually I do live in japan and you honey?

Well, last time I checked, my IP was in Japan. So unless you can leach the internet off of another country, I guess that means I am in Japan. :3

And how do I know what? Your post doesn't make much sense. You contradict yourself.

I still stand by my earlier comment. People wouldn't say anything, unless you were like trying to make off with the entire stand.

LOVE STUFF
09-10-2009, 09:48 AM
Well, last time I checked, my IP was in Japan. So unless you can leach the internet off of another country, I guess that means I am in Japan. :3

And how do I know what? Your post doesn't make much sense. You contradict yourself.

I still stand by my earlier comment. People wouldn't say anything, unless you were like trying to make off with the entire stand.

I'm Asian. I'm Stupid!
LOL
JK

Maybe I did steal the whole stand.I like to have fun in a country that is boring!

Your wrong and I'm right ...You're right and I'm worng
Whatever does it matter?

Let bygones be bygones(Is that how its spelled?)