PDA

View Full Version : Hello! EQ2 Players

★Kiwi-Berry
09-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Hello ^^ I was wondering if any of you play EQ2!! I love this game a lot and want to meet some new people!

Server: Nagafen
Name: Chisa
Class: Conjuror
Race: Fae of course!

Also dont forget to include what you think of the game so far if your a new player!

Teddy2116
09-03-2009, 07:18 PM
no offense but i didn't know people still played EQ... I mean I only heard from my friends and they didn't like the game.

★Kiwi-Berry
09-03-2009, 07:24 PM
no offense but i didn't know people still played EQ... I mean I only heard from my friends and they didn't like the game.
Tons of people still play :] then again I am speaking EQ2 and not the first EQ MMO. 100's of people still play EQ2! its a populated community I think.

Teddy2116
09-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Tons of people still play :] then again I am speaking EQ2 and not the first EQ MMO. 100's of people still play EQ2! its a populated community I think.

Well what are the bad aspects of this game in your opinion

★Kiwi-Berry
09-03-2009, 07:36 PM
Well what are the bad aspects of this game in your opinion

Hmm well there is a list of them imo. But the bad aspects dont stop me from playing it since the good aspects outweigh them :]

No flying mounts unless it server controlled
The class I play is underpowered in PvP
Some of the classes or un-balanced in pvp (then again what game that has pvp isnt?).Other than that I cant really think of anything thats "bad" about the game. The list for whats "good" is much much longer :]

Teddy2116
09-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Hmm well there is a list of them imo. But the bad aspects dont stop me from playing it since the good aspects outweigh them :]

No flying mounts unless it server controlled
The class I play is underpowered in PvP
Some of the classes or un-balanced in pvp (then again what game that has pvp isnt?).Other than that I cant really think of anything thats "bad" about the game. The list for whats "good" is much much longer :]
I see so beside pvp being its only down fall (to you) its an ok game. Correct?

★Kiwi-Berry
09-03-2009, 07:51 PM
I see so beside pvp being its only down fall (to you) its an ok game. Correct?
Pretty much yeah :]

Graphics are amazing
Armor styles are very well done
customization was and still might be the best out there.
Appearance slots for gear is a bonus
Its easy for new players to get into.
the class styles are amazing and each one is very different.
Has a pretty active support community.
They have Fairy races!
Aside from instances you can solo!
Raiding is strategy involved.
Lots of stuff to do than just lvl.I mean the list could go on and on honestly.

Teddy2116
09-03-2009, 08:03 PM
So I see this pretty much like World of Warcraft

★Kiwi-Berry
09-03-2009, 08:07 PM
So I see this pretty much like World of Warcraft
A lot different. EQ2 was out first, WoW copied EQ2 then everyone from EQ2 moved to WoW b/c sony messed up the game on release. Once the game was back to normal the players never came back. As far as easy comes, EQ2 is a lot harder than WoW is to lvl, but endgame is pretty much the same as far as raiding is concerned.

Teddy2116
09-03-2009, 08:10 PM
I see. I may check it out, thank you

bakakame
09-03-2009, 08:16 PM
I have many fond memories from playing EQ. A few from EQ2 as well, but I never felt it was as good as the original. There are times I'm sad I gave it up, but it really was for the best.

Manhattan_Project_2000
09-07-2009, 12:53 AM
A lot different. EQ2 was out first, WoW copied EQ2 then everyone from EQ2 moved to WoW b/c sony messed up the game on release. Once the game was back to normal the players never came back. As far as easy comes, EQ2 is a lot harder than WoW is to lvl, but endgame is pretty much the same as far as raiding is concerned.

Clearly Blizzard must have spent the 16 days between EQ2's release and WoW's copying Sony because EQ2 came out first. I don't pretend to know EQ2's evolution, but the original didn't even try to mask the ideas they half-heartedly took from WoW, everything from talents (turned into the bland "alternate levels") to mounts to instances (including the "monster missions" which are actually an idea I'd like to see in WoW, as they let people group together regardless of differences in gear or levels) to uncrippleing the transportation system. As SOE controls them both I imagine there would be a slow leeching of Blizzard's better ideas in EQ2 as well.