PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Shoutouts

Mavericker
08-29-2009, 03:17 PM
How do you people feel about them? I think that's giving out TOO much info about yourself. The whole point of being on the web is being anonymous. My birthday passed not too long ago, but I was debating whether or not I should announce it to people here.

Baka
08-29-2009, 03:20 PM
My birthday passed not too long ago, but I was debating whether or not I should announce it to people here.
Aren't you actually announcing it by posting this thread???

Happy Birthday by the way.

Eris
08-29-2009, 03:23 PM
I think that's giving out TOO much info about yourself. The whole point of being on the web is being anonymous.

When did that happen? Being relatively anonymous is a nice bonus, but it's hardly the reason why Al Gore sat down and invented the internets. But to each and his own. If you don't want to share information about yourself, that's your privilege.

Seņor Nobody
08-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Well, I don't think it's giving out too much info. I want the few internet friends I have know when I level up.

Ωmega
08-29-2009, 03:27 PM
[facepalm] you just did announce it. And its not like youre giving out your social security number, its just a birthday.

Mavericker
08-29-2009, 03:31 PM
[facepalm] you just did announce it. And its not like youre giving out your social security number, its just a birthday.

Maru, I didn't say WHEN. :mad:

But who cares? To most people here I'm just some aging old stick-in-the-mud.

Seņor Nobody
08-29-2009, 03:33 PM
Maru, I didn't say WHEN. :mad:

You said recently, so I assume it was this month.

Mavericker
08-29-2009, 03:34 PM
You said recently, so I assume it was this month.

SIGH- never mind. :banghead:

International 4-8818
08-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Mavericker...just stop posting

Eris
08-29-2009, 03:48 PM
Mavericker...just stop posting

Everyone is welcome to post so long as they follow the rules.

Heinekenrana
08-29-2009, 03:53 PM
Sometimes the only time anyone hears Happy Birthday is in forum threads, so I'll post to them if I know when their birthday is.

It's not as if wishing someone a Happy Birthday is stealing their soul. I don't think, anyway. Can't do much with a birthdate.

Baka
08-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Everyone is welcome to post so long as they follow the rules.
When did you become a mod??? And how come you don't have the little talk bubble? Are you under cover?

-Batman-
08-29-2009, 03:59 PM
heheh, This guy is too much.

I'm fine with it. I don't broadcast my birthday myself, nor do I make a big deal of it. But when someone decided to wish me a happy birthday I have no reason to,and don't, complain.

Miss Moonlight
08-29-2009, 04:09 PM
I could care less, i'm just a (well, mostly) anonymous entity on the internet. No one is gonna stalk me because they know my birthdate, lol.

When did you become a mod??? And how come you don't have the little talk bubble? Are you under cover?

Eris is still in the testing period of modship, I think.

lilminx
08-29-2009, 04:35 PM
i think its great if people wish you a happy birthday, if you dont want them knowing the date then just dont tell them, or dont post it in your profile.

besides it never hurt to say happy birthday, i mean its supposed to be a happy day cause thats the day you were born

RaShayRitto
08-29-2009, 04:43 PM
since when is the internet all about being anonymous? forums like this are for socializing

Baka
08-29-2009, 04:45 PM
So how old are you anyways Mavy???

lilminx
08-29-2009, 04:58 PM
So how old are you anyways Mavy???

i really doubt hes going to tell you. i mean he just said that he doesnt like it when people know when its his birthday

Baka
08-29-2009, 05:04 PM
i really doubt hes going to tell you. i mean he just said that he doesnt like it when people know when its his birthday
He called himself an old stick in the mud. I want to know what he considers old.

DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666
08-29-2009, 05:12 PM
i cannot understand a word this guy says

Baka
08-29-2009, 05:16 PM
i cannot understand a word this guy says
He has a filter that gives him a Swedish accent. Hit the "QUOTE" button on his posts and you can read what he actually typed.

DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666
08-29-2009, 05:20 PM
He has a filter that gives him a Swedish accent. Hit the "QUOTE" button on his posts and you can read what he actually typed.
i see thank you

lilminx
08-29-2009, 06:12 PM
He called himself an old stick in the mud. I want to know what he considers old.

i would really want to know that as well

but why did he put his filter like that? does it change something besides the way the words are typed?

Baka
08-29-2009, 06:15 PM
but why did he put his filter like that? does it change something besides the way the words are typed?
He didn't put it there. The AF staff did.

lilminx
08-29-2009, 06:19 PM
He didn't put it there. The AF staff did.
why?sorry for being off topic

sataned
08-29-2009, 06:36 PM
awwwes
i think mavericker just wants some birthday shout outs..
happy birthday MAVERICKER!

Cobra Commander
08-29-2009, 09:35 PM
I post in them if I know or pay attention to that person. I didn't make one for myself last month, and no one else did either. Don't take that the wrong way, I'm fine with that. I was too busy drinking that night to notice till the next morning.

Bun-chan
08-29-2009, 10:16 PM
:O thats not english with a swedish accent! that sounds more like.... french and german and wierd ;D

oh and i dont think theres anything wrong with just giving your birthday, like people said ots not like people will stalk you and it doesnt really hurt. And sometimes its fun if someone you know has the same birthday as you ^^

Manhattan_Project_2000
08-29-2009, 10:37 PM
:O thats not english with a swedish accent! that sounds more like.... french and german and wierd ;D
It sounds better if you pronounce it correctly (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXfHyDCcTGQ&feature=related).

Eris
08-30-2009, 01:52 AM

Actually, it is, but with a really heavy dalmål accent.

wolfgirl90
08-30-2009, 02:22 AM
why?sorry for being off topic

It is his punishment for being a troll and an overall very annoying and rude person. He insulted some the mods and...that didn't go well. So, unless he can consistently show that he make posts and threads like a normal person with average intelligence (without the obvious racism and ignorance), he will have the filter.

Anyway, Mavericker, you are not required to announce your birthday. Your birthday only gives reveals so much about you (do you realize how many people here might have the SAME birthday?). In fact, you could give the announcement a few days before or after your birthday so that we couldn't figure it out.:rolleyes:

lilminx
08-30-2009, 02:35 AM
It is his punishment for being a troll and an overall very annoying and rude person. He insulted some the mods and...that didn't go well. So, unless he can consistently show that he make posts and threads like a normal person with average intelligence (without the obvious racism and ignorance), he will have the filter.

Anyway, Mavericker, you are not required to announce your birthday. Your birthday only gives reveals so much about you (do you realize how many people here might have the SAME birthday?). In fact, you could give the announcement a few days before or after your birthday so that we couldn't figure it out.:rolleyes:
sorry for being off topic again but i just wanted to say one thing.
the filter you guys put ,it doesnt affect him but us. since we have trouble reading what hes saying. so how exactly does that teach him a lesson?

Eris
08-30-2009, 05:11 AM
the filter you guys put ,it doesnt affect him but us. since we have trouble reading what hes saying. so how exactly does that teach him a lesson?

The problem with Mavericker is (was?) that people take him all too seriously. It is more difficult to take someone serious with the Swedish Chef filter, so it really does make sense to have it in place. But you can read most about Mavericker in the meta-wiki article on him (http://eris.name/wiki/index.php/Mavericker).

Though this thread has lost all track of it's topic. Get back on topic or I'm gonna close it.

Mavericker
09-09-2009, 06:44 PM
The problem with Mavericker is (was?) that people take him all too seriously. It is more difficult to take someone serious with the Swedish Chef filter, so it really does make sense to have it in place. But you can read most about Mavericker in the meta-wiki article on him (http://eris.name/wiki/index.php/Mavericker)

PISS OFF. I WANT PEOPLE TO TAKE ME SERIOUSLY. YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT?
WHAT IS WRONG WITH BEING SERIOUS?

NOT EVERYONE HAS A SENSE OF HUMOR.

I TRIED TALKING TO ACE AND ASKED HIM TO TAKE THE FILTER OFF. HE WANTS TO ACT LIKE A DEVIL AND A PUTZ AND ACT LIKE WE CHRISTIANS ARE THE BAD GUYS. I'M NOT OVERTLY IMPRESSED SOME 20-SOMETHING YEAR-OLD KID HAS HIS OWN WEBSITE.
ACE IS A FUDGING DEGENERATE RETARD WHO NEEDS TO GROW UP IF HE THINKS A STUPID SWEDISH FILTER IS FUNNY.

WHAT LESSON? THEY HAVE ISSUES WITH ME BECAUSE I WANT TO SERIOUS AND THEY HAVE PROBLEMS WITH WHAT I AM SAYING HERE.

Eris
09-09-2009, 06:48 PM
PISS OFF. I WANT PEOPLE TO TAKE ME SERIOUSLY. YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT?
WHAT IS WRONG WITH BEING SERIOUS?

Nothing at all. The problem is that you are a troll. If people take you serious, you run around starting flamewars left and right.

I TRIED TALKING TO ACE AND ASKED HIM TO TAKE THE FILTER OFF. HE WANTS TO ACT LIKE A DEVIL AND A PUTZ AND ACT LIKE WE CHRISTIANS ARE THE BAD GUYS. I'M NOT OVERTLY IMPRESSED SOME 20-SOMETHING YEAR-OLD KID HAS HIS OWN WEBSITE.
ACE IS A FUDGING RETARD WHO NEEDS TO GROW UP IF HE THINKS A STUPID SWEDISH FILTER IS FUNNY.

You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. If you stop trolling, and stop posting in Site Issues to take it off, I'm sure it will go away a lot faster.

And as this topic refused to go back on topic, I'm closing it.